Standing up to idiots. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Standing up to idiots.

Just wondering has anyone here ever been verbally harassed by one of these dumbags, (the typical teenager who mouths off and puts fear into people), and have you stood up for yourself (verbally) and ‘won’ the situation? (well, okay, shut the person up). I know that in the end its all down to personal control, and that ignoring is the best thing, but seriously, sometimes these dumbags can actually make you fire up inside and want to react! The number of times I have wanted to, and would not hesitate to do something that I could be in deep over.

So, you know, maybe you have passed the same person/persons for ages (teenager), and they always said things like ‘w*******' at you, or in general tried to be the ‘big girl/big lad’ in front of mates by clowin round with you.

As said, just wonderin

the number of cursing, disgusting, attitude-problem, uncaring teens these days seem more and more - they are so .

Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:48 AM
As someone who makes political phone calls for a job, I'd say I get my share of people mouthing off at me.

I take the killing with kindness route, then they start to feel guilty

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:48 PM
Okay, when I open this thread, it gives me a huge block of internet coding and then I can see the two posts in front of me, all with a white background. It's only this post.

wtf!

(sorry I don't have anything to contribute other than that)
Old 07-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Okay, when I open this thread, it gives me a huge block of internet coding and then I can see the two posts in front of me, all with a white background. It's only this post.

wtf!

Same here, but when I clicked on "QUOTE", it went to our familiar blue.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:48 AM
That's weird, it works just fine for me
Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

wtf!

Same here.

Maddie, the only time I've said something to a rude/abusive teenager was during my PGCE (because you had to). I wouldn't dare to otherwise.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

I pulled a George Costanza in a movie theatre once...

These three teenagers where being obnoxious and talking really loudly durig the movie, after about 30 minutes I stood up and yelled at them and the left
Old 07-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 PM
I've finally worn my wonderwoman undies and stood up to an evil Principal at my childrens school. I called her a lying, bullying dictator, amongst other things. Evidently I'm the first person to stand up to her and SHIT IT FELT GOOD!

I also took on some street kids last year who were tagging the building we were working in. The two guys in the office were too scared to go outside, but I went stomping out (kept my distance) and bawled the shit out of them in front of EVERYONE, next thing I knew they had buckets of water and were cleaning the building!!

It's only been the last couple of years I've started standing up to people. Before I used to back down at the first sign of confrontation. Being a Mum has made me a hell of a lot stronger that's for sure!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

OOh it's white crack

Anyways... I work for a big company in the theatre industry... I have to deal with patrons a lot in the theatre. I'm always extemely patient with even the worst of the worst... but one evening there was this one guy (full grown adult idiot, not a teen) that was so horrible screaming and yelling that he wanted to be seated right then and there and wasn't going to wait in line like everyone else... guess he thought he was priveledged or something because his kid was in the orchestra, I dunno... anyways he got so obnoxious and out of line yelling at me and some of my volunteers I lost it and told him to get the hell out of the theatre, and I didn't want to ever see his face anywhere near me again. The guy shut up, hid in a corner, and waited quietly and even thanked us for his tickets when he got them. My boss was standing there with her mouth hanging open and I was still like
Later that evening she gave me a bonus and said it awesome.

That's the only time I ever lost it tho.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:48 PM
holy white crack batman!

i used to be able to stand up to people, now i just let it build up until i blow up in a major way at someone or something really petty.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

I feel like I am naked when I post in this white background....
Old 07-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

admit it... you are naked.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Not yet.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #14
New Yorker

I have become better at telling people off in the past, but I agree that killing people with kindness sometimes works... only in certain situations, though. I am a cashier at a grocery store and sometimes I just want to yell at people and curse at them, but I can't (if I want to keep my job), so I just smile and keep being friendly. It kills them. Now, when it comes to be being harassed, I won't hesitate to tell someone off or at least put him/her in his/her place. I have done it on occasion and it feels SO great, especially when you can articulate your points and not become a blubbering mess.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:38 AM   #15
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

IMO most teens today are so nasty, rude and disrespectful so I ignore them, they are not worth my time. Most of them have to have the last word anyway and I won't stoop to their foul mouthed disgusting disrespectful non-caring levels. It's really sad and a terrible reflection on their parents and up-bringing also.