Standing up to idiots. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:46 PM
The cashier at Wal-Mart the other night was giving me crap about having so many items to check out (it was payday, and we were out of everything!)--told her I was therefore ensuring that she had a job. Then she had the nerve to be impatient, drumming her fingers on the cash register because she was having to wait for me to pay--I was loading the frelling bags into the cart! I truly believe that "customer service" is a thing of the past.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:46 PM
I see the problem MsPurrl & it's one that I've made: speaking the words "Wal-Mart" and "customer service" in the same sentence.

I can honestly say that when Sam Walton was alive, working for Wal-Mart was actually pleasant. Since he died, the company's about dominating the world instead of providing a clean store with helpful staff, offering quality items at a reasonable price. I mean, for crying out loud, I spent my time working in grocery store checkout lane - how freakin' hard is it to say 'hello', 'your total is blah-blah-blah', or even 'drop dead, you worthless bag of hair'???? I can't tell you how many times I've been through a WalMart check out & had not one word uttered in my direction. I know these folks aren't going to get rich working at WalMart, but it's not like they're performing heart surgery. If you're worth so much more than what you're being paid, go find a job that will properly compensate your skill level.

Unfortnately, it's not just at the "Wal", though - I see the same thing everywhere I go.

p.s. The white screen is freaking me out.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Good points.

But I blame it on Management, period.
I work for a Corporation that has 3 "priorities"......customer service first (above all), employee satisfaction and then profit.

think about it...if the first is completely taken care of, the rest can be achieved easily.

but it all depends on the Managemnet team allowing for BS service to be unnoticed.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:46 PM
But people shouldn't need supervisors to remind them that when they go into an establishment they want courtesy, respect and cooperation & therefore, that's what they should give people who've entered their establisment. (Enough gender-neutral pronouns in that sentence for you? )

Like I said earlier, I've worked a checkout line - I've had plenty of other jobs in retail. Even my current job involves massive amounts of contact with the general population every day - I know working with the public is the absolute pits. But I also know The Golden Rule can be applied & used to improve every single customer service situation I've ever been involved in. Even the ones where I couldn't give the client exactly what they wanted.

I just think there's a very large percentage of the population who don't understand that you work from the bottom up, you pay your dues , and almost everyone's had a crappy job at one time that they couldn't wait to get out of. That doesn't mean you should make anything less than your best effort to do it well.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Oh, I know that people shouldn't need supervisors to provide good service, but if they are people without the skills necessary for doing this job properly, then Management should step in and manage them. It's simple.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #21
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:46 PM
I work part time in a supermarket actually, and our supermarket(and the others with the same name, biggest in the country) is known for our customer service. It REALLY bothers me when I got to one of the cheap ass supermarkets here and the kids who work there are just dumb and not at all social it's not THAT hard to just be nice to people and help them when they need it!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #22
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Ugh, tell me about it. I hate teenagers, too.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:46 AM
I really hate to stereotype too much

but, young twenties + alcohol + too much attitude annoy me

my answer,
give them their space, away from me

I no longer rent to them.