Stadium Arcadium has leaked. - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #331
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:41 PM
i'm not saying the album is bad, it isn't... but it's a bit too much under the bridge and not enough suck my kiss for my liking.

the chili peppers i like are a dirty, funky band that can toss in some soul... not the other way around.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-22-2006, 09:50 PM   #332
Refugee
 
bsp77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,956
Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i'm not saying the album is bad, it isn't... but it's a bit too much under the bridge and not enough suck my kiss for my liking.

the chili peppers i like are a dirty, funky band that can toss in some soul... not the other way around.
What about songs like Charlie, Hump de Bump, She's Only 18, Warlocks, Tell Me Baby, 21st Century and Storm in a Teacup? That's all pure funk rock.
__________________

__________________
bsp77 is offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #333
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,382
Local Time: 06:41 PM
It's more "new" chili peppers than "old school" chili peppers...

or like more ATYCLB as oppossed to War.

it's all about preference
__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #334
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77


What about songs like Charlie, Hump de Bump, She's Only 18, Warlocks, Tell Me Baby, 21st Century and Storm in a Teacup? That's all pure funk rock.
anthony kiedis is still singing in most of these songs... even if flea may be playing a more "funky" bass line. to me kiedis' range isn't wide enough where i can listen to 20 different songs that feature him singing as opposed to whatever it is you want to call how he used to be pre-under the bridge.

i agree with numb... it's more "new" chili peppers than "old" chili peppers... and i'm not that big of a fan that i can just like all of it. i prefer the more old, funk/almost rap/rock style. personal preference.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #335
Refugee
 
bsp77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,956
Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


anthony kiedis is still singing in most of these songs... even if flea may be playing a more "funky" bass line. to me kiedis' range isn't wide enough where i can listen to 20 different songs that feature him singing as opposed to whatever it is you want to call how he used to be pre-under the bridge.

i agree with numb... it's more "new" chili peppers than "old" chili peppers... and i'm not that big of a fan that i can just like all of it. i prefer the more old, funk/almost rap/rock style. personal preference.
That's a good point. I wasn't arguing, just trying to understand.
__________________
bsp77 is offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #336
Refugee
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: LA, California, USA
Posts: 1,349
Local Time: 11:41 PM
So listening to Anthony rap on 18 songs is better than listening to him mostly sing on 18 songs?
__________________
blueyedpoet is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #337
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,382
Local Time: 06:41 PM
know what I like about this album? I wake up every day w/ a different song from it stuck in my head. Today I woke up with "Strip My Mind" in my head....the distorted "Whoah Yeah" part
__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #338
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet
So listening to Anthony rap on 18 songs is better than listening to him mostly sing on 18 songs?
for me, yea. it is.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #339
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:41 AM
Okay, after listening to it like a crazy man for 2 weeks, I'm getting a bit burnt out on Stadium Arcadium esp. disc 1 esp. tracks 1 - 7

Maybe it's time to listen to a different band.. for a while!

Wet Sand is still fucking brilliant though, with the teasing chorus.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #340
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Okay, after listening to it like a crazy man for 2 weeks, I'm getting a bit burnt out on Stadium Arcadium esp. disc 1 esp. tracks 1 - 7

Maybe it's time to listen to a different band.. for a while!

Wet Sand is still fucking brilliant though, with the teasing chorus.
Then listen to Californication or BloodSugarSexMagic or By The Way or One Hot Minute...all incredible
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 06:37 PM   #341
Refugee
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: LA, California, USA
Posts: 1,349
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR


Then listen to Californication or BloodSugarSexMagic or By The Way or One Hot Minute...all incredible
That's actually what I've been doing. I'm obsessed with the peppers right now.
__________________
blueyedpoet is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #342
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet


That's actually what I've been doing. I'm obsessed with the peppers right now.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - From Skateboards to Stadiums
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/netwo...radio1/rhcpdoc

This is a great documentary--really worth checking out if you want a sense of what drives the band. I found it on the BBC Radio site yesterday. The best parts are the interviews with their mothers!

I love the band even more after listening to this.
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 05-26-2006, 12:04 AM   #343
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:41 AM
Did I mention that I love this album???

I'm not tired of it.. no.

Listening to it right now for the gazillionth time!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 05-26-2006, 05:42 AM   #344
Refugee
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: LA, California, USA
Posts: 1,349
Local Time: 11:41 PM
It's actually great that it's a double album cause you listen and listen to Jupiter and think, "ok, something else now." Then, you pop in Mars.
__________________
blueyedpoet is offline  
Old 05-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #345
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,382
Local Time: 06:41 PM


Maybe I'm going over the top here, or I am just an idiot (Don't answer that), but I think that Snow (Hey Oh) is one of the best songs I have heard in a real long time.
__________________

__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com