Stadium Arcadium has leaked. - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:18 PM
i agree with rubins quote but i suppose thats the cost of mass success.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #317
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

One thing that bugs me is all these disappointed fans who wanted "more funk." If you browse some RHCP boards, you'll see a lot of that. I think they included more than enough funk on Stadium Arcadium. Far more than they did on Californication and BTW, that's for sure. These people should be rejoicing! A lot of them are bashing the low-key emotional songs as well, which also bugs me. It's great to see that Anthony's capable of writing something more than Woo! California! Woo! Sex! It's also great to see the melodies they're capable of creating. Slow Cheetah is just beautiful.

Well done, Anthony, Flea, John and Chad.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I freakin' love this album!!! And it's not just 'Jupiter'! So many great songs on the 2nd disc 'Mars' too! I thought they wouldn't be able to top Californication (haven't listened to all of By The Way yet). They proved me wrong!

Oh... and I just got 'What Hits!?'. What a great collection of old school RHCP! Hadn't heard most of it before. Fight Like A Brave rocks my fucking world!!!

But I don't see any great reduction in funk with the new album. In fact there was probably much more funk on BSSM than any other album period. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They're possibly the only band out there that I like the new incarnation of as much as the old one!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:18 AM
what are hte main rchp boards?

what do you guys think is the reasoning behind naming the first disc "jupiter" and the second one "mars"?

there was a KROQ interview that Anthony Kiedis did a WHILE ago, and he briefly said something explaining that, but i can't remember cuz it was months before the album even came out, and i kinda didn't know what he was talking about at the time =/
Old 05-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #319
War Child

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tuwie
what are hte main rchp boards?
I think the main one is on the band's website. Just click on "community", then on "Msg Boards"
Old 05-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #320
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:18 AM
^ thanks. it's pretty nice =)

do they have an "interference" equivalent...one that's not linked with the main site?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #321
The Fly

excellent cd but flea was wrong to cry about the album leaking...
Old 05-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #322
Refugee

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bobbyhewson
excellent cd but flea was wrong to cry about the album leaking...
He even admitted that
Old 05-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #323
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
It is so great to see this band getting the credit they deserve. The Chili Peppers were always sort of a guilty pleasure for me. Now I can mention them in conversation and NOT get strange stares and whisperings of cock socks!

It's rare that you'll find a band who gets better in their latter years. Honestly, compare Stadium Arcadium to something like Freaky Styley. I haven't listed to Freaky Styley in years. I can't even find the CD anymore. I think namkcuR hit it on the head - the catalyst is John Frusciante. When you combine John Frusciante with Flea and Chad Smith, something just goes off. Mother's Milk, BSSM...both brilliant. And One Hot Minute is an example of how weak the band were without him. Dave Navarro sucks, and that's why (for me) OHM sucked. When John came back for Californication, the magic was back. That's actually the album that got me into RHCP and prompted me to go back and check out their earlier stuff. A lot of fans don't agree, but I think By The Way was better than Californication.

And now we're onto Stadium Arcadium, which blows both Californication and BTW out the water. Both Anthony and John have improved drastically. Flea and Chad are still as strong as ever (Flea in particular is churning out far better lines than he did on the previous two albums.)

One thing that bugs me is all these disappointed fans who wanted "more funk." If you browse some RHCP boards, you'll see a lot of that. I think they included more than enough funk on Stadium Arcadium. Far more than they did on Californication and BTW, that's for sure. These people should be rejoicing! A lot of them are bashing the low-key emotional songs as well, which also bugs me. It's great to see that Anthony's capable of writing something more than Woo! California! Woo! Sex! It's also great to see the melodies they're capable of creating. Slow Cheetah is just beautiful.

Well done, Anthony, Flea, John and Chad.

Excellent post, GG.

I've never been really huge into the Peppers, but I can honestly say I love this album. Before I was always a singles girl when it came to them, and I really only owned three of their albums before this one (BSSM, GH and Californication), so for me to say I am really digging them is saying something. And, even funnier, I can really credit this to downloading it before it was officially released.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:11 AM   #324
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
And One Hot Minute is an example of how weak the band were without him. Dave Navarro sucks, and that's why (for me) OHM sucked.
This is the only part of your post that I really disagree with. Navarro, while probably not quite as good as Frusciante(purely talking about them as guitar players here, in terms of sheer creativity, songwriting, and backing vocals, Frusciante is waaaaaay better), he's still a hell of a rock guitarist. He just didn't fit the band that well.

But OHM has some incredible stuff on it. Warped, Aeroplane, My Friends, Tearjerker, Falling Into Grace, Transcending, Shallow Be Thy Game. I think it's a great record in its own right, anyway.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:33 AM   #325
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:18 AM
I love this album.

That's all I have to say.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:57 AM   #326
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

This is the only part of your post that I really disagree with. Navarro, while probably not quite as good as Frusciante(purely talking about them as guitar players here, in terms of sheer creativity, songwriting, and backing vocals, Frusciante is waaaaaay better), he's still a hell of a rock guitarist. He just didn't fit the band that well.

But OHM has some incredible stuff on it. Warped, Aeroplane, My Friends, Tearjerker, Falling Into Grace, Transcending, Shallow Be Thy Game. I think it's a great record in its own right, anyway.
Yeah, I agreed with the vast majority of the GG diatribe, but I do think OHM is an album to reckon with. It's such a stepping stone for Anthony lyrically and vocally. All the songs you list are fantastic songs. Of course Navarro isn't Frusciante, but who the hell is? And, it's not like Dave sucks.
People always say that he tried to get the band into too much distortion rock, but there's still funk on this album and it's not like John doesn't play straight rock at times.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:15 AM   #327
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by tuwie

do they have an "interference" equivalent...one that's not linked with the main site?
Can't be sure, but I don't think there's another good one besides on the official site
Old 05-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #328
ONE
love, blood, life

I've been listening to this album non stop.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet

I do think OHM is an album to reckon with. It's such a stepping stone for Anthony lyrically and vocally.
My Friends is a standout...I think the latest album is the deepest album they've made, in terms of maturity.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #330
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

My Friends is a standout...I think the latest album is the deepest album they've made, in terms of maturity.
Oh, I agree.
I just don't see how Anthony could've gone from BSSM to Californication without the OHM step. He grew tremendously during that time period.