Stadium Arcadium has leaked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:

I'm not a huge / long-time fan, so I don't have full details for you. I do know from your list they played: Under The Bridge, Give It Away, Scar Tissue and Californication. I just listened to a clip of Wet Sand, and no, that wasn't played, nor was Breaking The Girl. I don't think Around The World or OtherSide was either.

But they rocked!!! :drool:

Nope, they didn't do Breaking the Girl or Around the World...I would say the set-list was 80% Stadium Arcadium.

and yes, they rocked...omg. I don't think I'm going to have my hearing back for a while and my hips are killing me, lol!

What did you think of the Mars Volta? :yikes: :giggle:

Zootlesque said:
Made You Feel Better... favorite song currently on Mars. :drool:
Son of BAW was in his own element; they played for over an hour and I didn't detect one single, intelligible word...:yikes: very scarey people!

Two reasons - my earplugs work and I couldn't hear them while standing outside in the beer garden... :)

Last night's setlist:

-Can't Stop
-Dani California
-Scar Tissue
-Charlie
-Fortune Faded
-Readymade
-Parallel Universe
-Hump de Bump :hyper:
-John Solo: Simon and Garfunkel's "For Emily, Wherever I may Find Her"
-Snow (Hey Oh)
-Nobody Weird Like Me
-Over the Hills and Far Away intro/Wet Sand
-Right On Time
-Don't Forget Me
-Tell Me Baby
-Californication
-By the Way

ENCORE:
-Under the Bridge
-Give It Away

Bono's American Wife said:
Last night's setlist:

-Can't Stop
-Dani California
-Scar Tissue
-Charlie
-Fortune Faded
-Readymade
-Parallel Universe
-Hump de Bump :hyper:
-John Solo: Simon and Garfunkel's "For Emily, Wherever I may Find Her"
-Snow (Hey Oh)
-Nobody Weird Like Me
-Over the Hills and Far Away intro/Wet Sand
-Right On Time
-Don't Forget Me
-Tell Me Baby
-Californication
-By the Way

ENCORE:
-Under the Bridge
-Give It Away

THANK YOU! I was afraid I'd never find it :bow:

Which is the song that Anthony went wild on, spinning & such? I'll have to pick up some RHCP CDs next week, at least a best of (I technically have Stadium Arcadium :shifty: ).

Which song was the 'London Calling' intro on? I wish they would have covered those songs (the full Zep song). I think it would have been awesome & the crowd would have loved it...

And I kind of didn't pay any attention to Mars Volta. We were only sitting for a couple of their songs... :shrug:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

THANK YOU! I was afraid I'd never find it :bow:

Which is the song that Anthony went wild on, spinning & such? I'll have to pick up some RHCP CDs next week, at least a best of (I technically have Stadium Arcadium :shifty: ).

Which song was the 'London Calling' intro on? I wish they would have covered those songs (the full Zep song). I think it would have been awesome & the crowd would have loved it...

And I kind of didn't pay any attention to Mars Volta. We were only sitting for a couple of their songs... :shrug:

London Calling was the intro to Right on Time

And are you talking about when Anthony was spinning and jumping, with the stop motion effects on the video screens? If so, that was during By the Way...that was AMAZING!!

We didn't see the screens much at all from our seats :grumpy:

But yes, that must have been the song - I can only hear 30 second clips on CD sites. :drool:

and Right On Time was great too, if it's the song I'm thinking of... There was one that was crazy & punky and... :drool:

if you find a recording of the show, could we please do a B&P? :hyper:

Lila, did you happen to see the two guys who had made their own RHCP T-shirts, complete with names on the back?

One said "Frusciante" and the other said "Keides" in big red letters.

Do you think anyone told him it's actually spelled "Kiedis"? :eek: :lmao:

Lila64 said:
We didn't see the screens much at all from our seats :grumpy:

But yes, that must have been the song - I can only hear 30 second clips on CD sites. :drool:

and Right On Time was great too, if it's the song I'm thinking of... There was one that was crazy & punky and... :drool:

if you find a recording of the show, could we please do a B&P? :hyper:

Could you see the male blow up dolls they threw into the crowd from the soundboard? They were flying all over the place and security was going nuts trying to get them back! :lmao:

didn't see the shirts, but I thought I saw the blow-up dolls :lmao:

I did shout out for Jack Irons when Anthony mentioned his name. I tried looking thru my binoculars to locate him, but didn't. I went to school with them, but didn't know the RHCP, but I knew Jack from a band that he had at school with Alain Johannes, Hillel Slovak, and another guy... I think I might have spotted Alain to the left of the stage. I saw pics of his current appearance online last night, and I think the person I saw could have definitely been him (from "Eleven" and "QotSA"). I'm sure if the old friends were in town they would have been at the show last night...

I just found my high school yearbook with Irons, Slovak, Keidis... didn't see Flea in it though

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:

Nope, they didn't do Breaking the Girl or Around the World...I would say the set-list was 80% Stadium Arcadium.

and yes, they rocked...omg. I don't think I'm going to have my hearing back for a while and my hips are killing me, lol!

What did you think of the Mars Volta? :yikes: :giggle:

Wow, that's amazing they played so much off of SA, but it is such a strong record I guess they felt confident enough to do so.

Looks like an awesome setlist and a kickass show! :drool:

And blow-up dolls.. :lmao:

2 days later and I've still got the show stuck in my head.

And I have to wait til at least Wednesday to get some other CDs of theirs :grumpy:

Lila64 said:

I wouldn't get their best of if I were you. I don't know what you have, but get BloodSugarSexMagic(1991), One Hot Minute(1995), Californication(1999), and By The Way(2002). Those, along with Stadium Arcadium, are all you really need. Oh, and if you don't have the song 'Soul To Squeeze', download it(it's only available on the Coneheads soundtrack).

I just think the Best Of leaves too much off. No 'I Could Have Lied', no 'Funky Monks', no 'Aeroplane', no 'Warped', no 'Around The World', etc etc.

I think I'll still start with the Greatest Hits, and work my way back. A few recommended 'Californication' and 'By The Way'. Thanks for the input!

Mr. BAW said:
Son of BAW was in his own element; they played for over an hour and I didn't detect one single, intelligible word...:yikes: very scarey people!

Two reasons - my earplugs work and I couldn't hear them while standing outside in the beer garden... :)

You, Mr BAW are one super cool rock & roll dude! :up:

I never totally got into RHCP. :(

Lila64 said:
I think I'll still start with the Greatest Hits, and work my way back. A few recommended 'Californication' and 'By The Way'. Thanks for the input!

Glad you managed to find some reasonably priced tickets Lila! Did your daughter enjoy the show?

The Greatest Hits is pretty good if you're unfamiliar with their music. By the Way is probably their most easily accessible album, though BloodSugarSexMagik and Californication are the better albums in my opinion. Anyway, I am sure you'll enjoy discovering their stuff :drool:

My daughter's friend's Dad who works in the entertainment industry was in Hollywood the other day working and said the RHCP were in the studio recording a music video... :hmm: :hyper:

I saw the RHCP in Winnipeg last night. It was the greatest concert I have ever been to. They were absolutley amazing. The new songs from stadium that they played sounded so great live. John Frusciante is a god!

If anyone gets the chance to see them live, they should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom