Stadium Arcadium has leaked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me :D

See my essay/review above Lila!

Are they on the North American leg of the tour now?

Tilli said:
Me :D

See my essay/review above Lila!

Are they on the North American leg of the tour now?

Oops, my bad! Apparently they are starting the N.American leg - will be in their hometown of S.Calif at the end of the month. I've never been a big fan, but know a few songs. I have heard some of the new album, thanks to an interferer :shh:
If I could get really cheap tix off of ebay, then maybe I'd try & take my daughter. She loves Dani California and a few of their other "hits".

:shrug: :reject:

Lila64 said:

Oops, my bad! Apparently they are starting the N.American leg - will be in their hometown of S.Calif at the end of the month. I've never been a big fan, but know a few songs. I have heard some of the new album, thanks to an interferer :shh:
If I could get really cheap tix off of ebay, then maybe I'd try & take my daughter. She loves Dani California and a few of their other "hits".

:shrug: :reject:

Definitely go if you can - i went with two friends who are "passive" fans - they only knew a few songs (mainly stuff of the Greatest Hits album) but really enjoyed the whole show.

Plus I'd imagine a hometown gig will have a fantastic atmosphere - good luck in your ticket hunt!

Numb - I agree - it's good to hear an album with such consistent quality.

Really ? - that sucks.:madspit:

I was really lucky with my tickets. I am not sure how I managed to get my tickets so easily - for some reason they didn't sell out the venue I went too. My tickets were £40 (about $75), though I know for some of the sold out London gigs they were going for LOADS more on ebay.:(

I never looked into getting tickets when the show first went on sale. I just looked this past week. Both shows might be sold out, as no pair of tickets have come up thru Ticketmaster... Oh well... I've got some tickets on ebay watch

This is still the album of 2006 thus far....I really hope it gets nominated for and wins album of the year at the grammies :yes: :rockon:

Album of 2006? I gotta go with The Eraser or Highway Companion over this.

This is definitely a great album, but the best of '06? I'm not so sure.

Pearl Jam's album is just as solid if not more amazing.

Thom Yorke's haunting, beautiful, and moving.

Muse's release is definitely their best-to-date and has what no other album of '06 has, you guessed it, Knights of Cydonia bitches :drool:

Lila64 said:
Has anyone seen them on this tour?

I just got home from the show in Boise. It was fantastic!!! I don't have any of their cd's and would call myself a casual fan. I went because my awesome wife bought me a ticket to the concert since I always complain that no one good ever plays Boise. [Shame on me since I saw Buce Cockburn Monday night, Toad the Wet Sprocket last week and will be seeing the Rolling Stones here in November.]

Anyway, it was alot of fun and would recommend this tour to everyone. I have a new respect for the Peppers. The couple of times I have seen them on t.v. (i.e., SNL a couple months back), I was never that impressed, but they put on a killer show. The entire band is fun to watch and John is WAY underrated as a guitar player. So that is all the good....

Now the bad...they missed a bunch of songs. I don't think anything prior to Blood Sugar Sex Magic was played and none of the following songs were played: Under the Bridge, My Friends, Californication, Higher Ground, Otherside, and others I expected to hear (but can't remember at this late hour). I was especially bummed since I read a review of the Portland show and expected Friends, Bridge, and Californication based on the reviewer's setlist. Also, they did a bunch of jam sessions and Chad did a drum solo, while those are cool why not nix them for a few more hits.

I now understand the complaints that I read about U2 shows from casual fans.

:hmm: That would bum me out, since I would say I only know the hits, and disc 1 of the latest CD. I thought some of the setlists reported from Europe reported Under The Bridge and Californication :scratch: Dani California was supposedly song 2... THing is if I go, I'd be going to the S.Calif. show, and that's there hometown... Damn, why are tickets so much $$$ :grumpy:

Charlie from the Portland show:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0upQCzvjDd0

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
:hmm: That would bum me out, since I would say I only know the hits, and disc 1 of the latest CD. I thought some of the setlists reported from Europe reported Under The Bridge and Californication :scratch: Dani California was supposedly song 2...
]

Yeah, they opened the show with Can't stop, dani california, and scar tissue. So, based on that I was excited for the songs to come. Then, a string of new ones, which were good, but still would have like to have heard a few more hits.

well, looks like Ticketmaster released some tickets today for Friday's show, so I bought 2 at face value (plus fees :mad: ). They play L.A. on 8/31 and 9/1 (hometown show). If anyone's interested, check out TM. I've only seen Colenade seats released, but at least it's something. I've had a million ebay tickets bookmarked for a while. Now I can sit back and watch :happy:

Can't wait to tell Maddy when she gets home from school :hyper:

Lila64 said:
well, looks like Ticketmaster released some tickets today for Friday's show, so I bought 2 at face value (plus fees :mad: ). They play L.A. on 8/31 and 9/1 (hometown show). If anyone's interested, check out TM. I've only seen Colenade seats released, but at least it's something. I've had a million ebay tickets bookmarked for a while. Now I can sit back and watch :happy:

Can't wait to tell Maddy when she gets home from school :hyper:

Well be there Friday!! :hyper:

Rick and I will be in Loge section 1 and Ricky and Daniel will be in the next section over, Loge 36

I don't think I've been this excited since the White Stripes at the Greek :D

Wow - very cool. Wave to us all the way at the top of Colonade 25 :lol: At first I was kind of nonchalant about going, but now I'm kinda excited. Then I think about the drive on the 405, and I get :angry: :wink:

Did you get tickets when they went on sale/for face value?

BTW, there are still single Loge tickets popping up today on TM for the 9/1 show. Didn't see any pairs come up, though there were pairs for tonight's show popping up...

Lila64 said:
Wow - very cool. Wave to us all the way at the top of Colonade 25 :lol: At first I was kind of nonchalant about going, but now I'm kinda excited. Then I think about the drive on the 405, and I get :angry: :wink:

Did you get tickets when they went on sale/for face value?

I bought them in the regular sale...I couldn't find 4 seats together but the 2 pairs I got ended up being almost the exact same seats one section apart :D

I'll look for Colonade 25 :wave:

Oh my! Lemme tell you guys, it's so great to listen to this album in it's entirety after more than 2 months. I'm in love with these songs again! :love:

Lila64 said:
The concert was :drool: x100

And guess who I bumped into randomly? MrBAW! Nice to see you Rick :wave:

Did they play Wet Sand?

And which of the classics did they play?

Under The Bridge?
Breaking The Girl?
Give It Away?
Around The World?
Scar Tissue?
Otherside?
Californication?

namkcuR said:

Did they play Wet Sand?

And which of the classics did they play?

Under The Bridge?
Breaking The Girl?
Give It Away?
Around The World?
Scar Tissue?
Otherside?
Californication?

I'm not a huge / long-time fan, so I don't have full details for you. I do know from your list they played: Under The Bridge, Give It Away, Scar Tissue and Californication. I just listened to a clip of Wet Sand, and no, that wasn't played, nor was Breaking The Girl. I don't think Around The World or OtherSide was either.

But they rocked!!! :drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom