STACKER pills???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
Has anyone here ever tried the fat-burning Stacker pills?? Did they work? Were there any side effects??

I'm thinking of trying them because I've noticed that as I get older, it is much harder to lose weight than before and I need a little bit of help. I've always felt funny about using any type of Diet pills which is why I'm asking for your opinions first.

So, any help would be kewl.

Thanks.
smile.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
All over the counter diet pills are a waste of money.
rolleyes.gif

ok, but did you ever try these particular pills??

------------------

healthy food and plenty of physical exercise. It's good for what ails ya.
smile.gif

Seriously tho, none of those diet pills can be very good for you if they mess with your metabolism. And some of the side effects can be really
eek.gif
. My personal favorite disclaimer...."may cause gas, gas with oily discharge, frequent bowel movements and an inability to control them" NOT my idea of a good time.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice, but here's the deal. I'm 26, my metabolism is NOT what it used to be. I am on Weight Watchers, and I do exercise. I haven't lost the weight I need to. So, as you can see, these pills are my last resort.

I'm really leaning more towards not taking them, but I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with these particular pills. And they are not really "diet" pills, per se. They are Fat burning pills/ herbal supplements.

Believe me, I am happy with myself, I just would like to lose about 15 pounds before my wedding and I can't seem to shed them which is why I'm looking for other options.

------------------

I would be VERY careful if you take these. They contain ephedra, which isn't regulated by the FDA because it's herbal, but it's been known to cause some serious side effects, including death.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

Seriously tho, none of those diet pills can be very good for you if they mess with your metabolism.

Another good point. If you mess with your metabolism, you could completely wreck it. So unless you want to rely on diet pills for the rest of your life, it's probably something you want to steer clear of.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

It's called "hypertensive crisis", and it is caused by ephedrine and other stimulants. Any of these over-the-counter products that contain ephedra or ma-huang can kill you, even though they're ""natural"".

Walgreen's & Wal-Mart & all of the rest should pull that crap from their shelves, but alas they make a shite load of money from these. I'm a pharmacist so I think I know of what I'm speaking.

It amazes me that this stuff, which is more immediately life-threatening than marijuana, is legal in the US.

Originally posted by bonofnattic:
It's called "hypertensive crisis", and it is caused by ephedrine and other stimulants. Any of these over-the-counter products that contain ephedra or ma-huang can kill you, even though they're ""natural"".

Walgreen's & Wal-Mart & all of the rest should pull that crap from their shelves, but alas they make a shite load of money from these. I'm a pharmacist so I think I know of what I'm speaking.

It amazes me that this stuff, which is more immediately life-threatening than marijuana, is legal in the US.

eek.gif
Whoa! thanks for that bit of info! I think I'll forget the silly killer pills!

------------------

Here's the deal with Stacker/Ripped Fuel/et al. They are NOT diet pills, they are thermogenic. They are useful in losing weight but will do little to nothing by themselves. If you use thermogenics with a diet/exercise program you can see great results, I have before and need use them again. But don't take them for more than a month or so at a time, if you use them too much your body can become use to them and they can lose their effectivness and once you are off them you can gain a bit of weight back.

The best way to use thermogenics is to watch your diet and be exercising regularly, only then should you expec t to see any results from thermogenic pills.

I've always used Hydroxycut, great pill IMO. I'm not sure where you buy Stacker from but I recomend buying supplements from stores such as GNC, actual health and fitness stores. You might pay a bit more but these supplements are tested and safe. Never buy this kind of stuff from a Wal-Mart or non-specific store.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 03-21-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom