St. Germain - Tourist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
While I was living in Switzerland these past few months I came across a CD that just kept getting put back on whenever we needed something both laidback and yet upbeat. I meant to get a copy of it before I left, but forgot to. Fortunately when I was at a friends place last night they had it and burned me a copy. I love this CD!!! It is fun to dance to, fun to party to, fun to cook to...just great fun. Anyone else gotten into St. Germain? If not, I would advise you to check him out. :up:

A review from muse.ie

Ludovic Navarre is the weird one when it comes to French dance music. Lauded by all for his amazing 1995 debut "Boulevard", he then hit the high road and stayed quiet. While he did that, the likes of Daft Punk, Air, Cassius, Mellow and more have came to do the French do. Now, Ludovic returns and it's a real treat. Plus ?a change then as the French maverick does what French mavericks do best. On his debut, Navarre's premium blend of house idioms and jazz roots gently enticed the listener closer and closer until they couldn't leave the house without the album in their possession. Prepare to make room for a similar-sized companion in the shape of "Tourist", an album which is crafted and shaped with considerable aplomb. Navarre really has fun here. Yes, there are live nuances as well as more sampled loops but overall, he wants to build an organic, flowing mood. And boy, does he succeed. Old blues samples (and he was doing this long before Moby in case you think it's a case of "Play"-hopping), loping slow-motion jazz grooves, gorgeously applied percussion, not to mention deep house interludes - there is a lot of depth and beauty on this particular magic bus. That's it's also on Blue Note is a by the by - this is music which transcends labels and tags.

- Jim Carroll

Yep, St. Germain is pretty cool. I first heard about them a few years ago from my uncle. I love electronica/chillout/downtempo/lounge stuff.

i've listened to it a couple times. seems pretty cool but it hasn't grabbed me... yet(?)

Back
Top Bottom