Squid's 100% Fun CD Guessing Game!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squid

The Fly
OK Bang+Clatter denizens, let's play a game! I'm going to describe the covers of some CDs in my collection, and it's up to you to guess which ones they are! I'll try not to make them too hard or too easy, and hopefully google won't help that much, but please try to resist the temptation anyway:wink:

OK here we go!

1. A collage of pictures, including a picture of the planet saturn, a picture of a street w/ cars on it, and a picture of some bulls. Top left corner contains a rather conspicuous black box.

2. A picture of what appears to be a mannequin on a black background. Band name written in white letters on a red background (OK this one is pretty easy)

3. A painting of a fence with vines, leaves, and blue flowers tangled in it. Band name written in black letters across the middle.

4. A bunch of piano keys laid out in a semicircle on a red background. Band name and album title look like they were painted on (messily) in white. Band name, curiously enough, appears twice.

5. A picture of a building labeled "Fuji Bank".

6. A monkey with a halo, surrounded by the numbers 5, 6, and 7.

7. A picture of a guitar, zoomed in so you can just see a few frets and what I think is a pickup. The picture is all blurred and colored red/pink.

Good luck!

Oh, and of course feel free to add your own!

Last edited:
2. Radiohead - The Bends
4. Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted
6. Pixies - Doolittle

Last edited:
i would call this 80% fun.

only cos i can't guess them well.

____

1. white with the band's name in grey on the side.

:wink:

Holy cow, these are difficult! :eek:
Until now I haven't guessed a single one (although it would have helped if #2 has said that it showed Thom Yorke instead of a mannequin :) ).

C ya!

Marty

I have one

it's a fairly minimalist drawing of an aircraft runway

the top half of the picture is light blue sky with light gray clouds and the bands name is in dark gray on the top left hand corner in a fairly mundane font

yertle, that kind of reminds me of that one manics album but not quite cos i can't exactly remember what it looks like

IWasBored said:
yertle, that kind of reminds me of that one manics album but not quite cos i can't exactly remember what it looks like

You're thinking about This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours? That one has the three (remaining) band members standing somewhere in the middle of UK nowhere with a clear blue sky.

As for the album yertle is actually describing, I again have no idea. :confused:

C ya!

Marty

That's Thom Yorke on the cover of The Bends?!? You learn something new every day... :wink:

mine was saint etienne - sound of water.

e17800q3334.jpg

OK here are the ones that were too tough for you :wink:

c48151ibcc8.jpg

d92203v925j.jpg

d328209c9e4.jpg

d316825o9rm.jpg
'

(that last one is My Bloody Valentine - Loveless)

Doh!! I should have known a couple of those. Good job Squid :up: I like this idea for a game. I'll try a few:

1. A giant flame statue on a hill with a person looking up at it
2. A trojan horse in front of some yellow buildings
3. A man smashing a guitar, pink and green colors for the band's name (easy one)

IWasBored said:
mofo
1. audioslave?

Correct!!! :up:

That one was fairly predictable, if you know me. Same with London Calling. The other one is a little more tricky.

Ah Loveless! I was thinking about that one, but in my mind the cover looked a bit different. So I didn't actually guessed it correctly. Oh well.

Marty (goes pondering about a cover with a Trojan horse in front of yellow buildings)

I got a few:

1. A tree out in the middle of a field, with an overcast sky. Artist name in top-right corner, in black, CD name directly below in white.

2. Man sitting down, leaning up against a wall covered in posters bearing the name of the album. In the middle, a bandmember is on the wall and holding a card showing other bandmembers. The card shows one member's face in 3 windows, and the other bandmember sitting down facing the windows. Bonus points if you can name the only bandmember not on the cover.

3. Hundreds of hospital beds on a beach. Man sitting on one of them. Band name at top, CD name at bottom.

4. Man in suit, only partially shown, seemingly being slowly stripped away. White background. Band name and CD title shown in side window.

5. Two huge metallic faces looking at each other in a field. A cathedral is in behind, directly in the center of the mouths of the faces. Bonus points if you can name the cathedral.

6. Artist is sitting nexr to a guitar, looking up and to the right. Artist name and CD title directly above. Picture is separated into squares.

Back
Top Bottom