Springtime for Hitler! (The Producers movie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Springtime for Hitler!

Folks, I just saw a sneak preview of "The Producers," and I've gotta say...it was pretty damn hilarious! I actually saw the show on Broadway just two weeks ago (though with only some of the original cast), and the movie topped it for me.

Will Ferrell kicks ass! :yes: If you see the movie, be sure to hang around to the end of the credits----Will Ferrell sings this hilarious ballad in half-German. :wink:

Don't be stupid, be a smarty ... come and join the Nazi party!

I can't wait to see this! I've never seen the original movie or the stage version, but I'll be there to see this one!

Ha! I just noticed that somehow "(The Producers Movie)" got tacked onto title of this thread--when it definitely wasn't there yesterday! How funny! :lol:

Mods feeling an overwhelming need to be on the safe side? :wink:

deep said:
it won't be as good

lightning will not stike twice

:rainonparade:

Give it a shot. I'm telling you, I saw the theatre version a week and a half before seeing the sneak preview of the movie. I actually think the movie works better. People will, of course, question the use of Uma and Will Ferrell instead of the original actors (though Will Ferrell rocks the part!). However, so many things simply work better in the film. For example, you can hear everything that's being said & understand everything being sung---something that I found much more difficult to get with the stage version. Also, you get bigger sets---they can actually run out into the streets of NY instead of having every scene in that little yellow (then white) office. (Added bonus---the "Springtime For Hitler" show is actually filmed in the Shubert Theatre).

You pretty much get all the energy of the original stage show. Lane & Broderick did it so many times on stage & almost all the lines are exactly the same---they pretty much go straight through as if it were on stage (you'll see that in Broderick's first scene, he gets splashed with water....and his shirt remains equally wet throughout the entire, long scene--indicating that they took few, if any extra takes).

The movie was pretty darn good...but of course, that's my opinion. :wink:

Utoo said:
Ha! I just noticed that somehow "(The Producers Movie)" got tacked onto title of this thread--when it definitely wasn't there yesterday! How funny! :lol:

Mods feeling an overwhelming need to be on the safe side? :wink:

I appended that to the title of the thread in case some people didn't know what "Springtime for Hitler" meant who might otherwise go see the movie.

HelloAngel said:

I appended that to the title of the thread in case some people didn't know what "Springtime for Hitler" meant who might otherwise go see the movie.

Gotcha. I thought it might've been due to having "Hiter" in a thread title. :wink:

Utoo said:

:rainonparade:

Give it a shot.

the origonal was the movie with Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel in 1968

it was and is 'brilliant"

consider the risks Brooks took in writing this back then, his first film!

deep said:

the origonal was the movie with Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel in 1968

it was and is 'brilliant"

consider the risks Brooks took in writing this back then, his first film!

I know--and it definitely was awesome! What I find most impressive is how young Mel was when he first started writing some really big stuff.

i read somewhere the other day that Achtung Baby took its name from 'the producers' theatre production. Anyone else know if this is true?

Princey said:
i read somewhere the other day that Achtung Baby took its name from 'the producers' theatre production. Anyone else know if this is true?
bono said as much in a speech during an anti-facisim rally-thing in U2: At the End of the World.
I saw the production in LA with Jason Alexander and Martin Short, and while I love Will Farrell, the movie falls drastically short of the theatre production. It's jokes aren't as funny in a movie theatre.

blueyedpoet said:

I saw the production in LA with Jason Alexander and Martin Short, and while I love Will Farrell, the movie falls drastically short of the theatre production. It's jokes aren't as funny in a movie theatre.

at the Pantages theater on Hollywood Blvd.

I had front row tickets

they did great jobs - Martin and Jason

i will not see this new movie

all reviews suggest it is not worth my time

for those of you that have not seen any of these

my first recommendation

SEE THE ORIRONAL MOVIE

then see the stage show with any actors

don't bother with this new film

Back
Top Bottom