Springsteen Survivor - Tier 2 Semi-Final - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST favorite.

• Spirit in the Night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Ties that Band

• Two Hearts

• Independence Day

• The River

• Nebraska

• Atlantic City

• Reason to Believe

• Tunnel of Love

• Radio Nowhere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Pleasae vote for your LEAST favorite.

Weekend rounds kinda suck. Sherry Darling for the elimination.

The Ties That Band? :wink:

This is tough. I've been voting for Devil's Arcade, and am tempted to do so again. I could also be persuaded to go for Cadillac Ranch, Tunnel of Love, or Reason to Believe. Hmmm.

Two votes for Johnny 99, damn.

That song is bad ace.

Came home too drunk from mixin Tanqueray and wine
Got a gun, shot a night clerk, now they call him Johnny 99

:drool:

The Ties That Band? :wink:

This is tough. I've been voting for Devil's Arcade, and am tempted to do so again. I could also be persuaded to go for Cadillac Ranch, Tunnel of Love, or Reason to Believe. Hmmm.

:madspit:

I don't know how you could ever prefer Johnny 99 to ANYTHING on here, especially Devil's Arcade.

Johnny 99 is a great piece of dirty Springsteen storytelling. I guess I just love when he tells crime stories.

All of Nebraska just feels like Springsteen trying to be someone else, and it doesn't work well for me outside of "Atlantic City" and "Reason to Believe".

That being said, I enjoy Ghost of Tom Joad and Devils and Dust a great deal :shrug:

Well, we can definitely agree on Atlantic City. It's one of the best songs ever by anybody ever in the history of life.

All of Nebraska just feels like Springsteen trying to be someone else

Well, I mean, it wasn't the first, nor last time Bruce would attempt character studies. Nearly every single one of his albums feature them. Really not sure at all what you mean by this.

Well, I mean, it wasn't the first, nor last time Bruce would attempt character studies. Nearly every single one of his albums feature them. Really not sure at all what you mean by this.

Musically, I mean. Taking on the style he was, it just doesn't seem to fit with everything else he was doing at the time, and it's not that I slight him for trying something new, it's just, personally I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom