Springsteen Survivor - The Ghost of Tom Joad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO favorites.

• Straight Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinaloa Cowboys

• The Line

• Dry Lightening

• The New Timer

• Across the Border

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please vote for your TWO FAVORITES.

As a result of dwindling votes throughout the Tunnel of Love survivor, and also because of how poor Ghost of Tom Joad polled, the results of this album will be taken from just one round of multiple choice voting. Please only vote for a max of two songs. If you vote for more, your votes will be disqualified.

Due to a tie, the THREE songs moving to the Tier 3 semi-final are:
If I Should Fall Behind (6 votes)
Better Days (4 votes)
Living Proof (4 votes)
Human Touch
Soul Driver

The Tier 2 Semi-final is :
Tunnel of Love
Brilliant Disguise
Valentine's Day Nebraska
Atlantic City
Johnny 99
Reason to Believe The Ties that Bind
Sherry Darling
Two Hearts
Independence Day
The River
Cadillac Ranch
Lost in the Flood
For You
Spirit in the Night
It's Hard to Be A Saint in the City

The Tier 1 Semi is:
Born in the U.S.A.
Downbound Train
I'm on Fire
Dancing in the Dark Badlands
Candy's Room
Promised Land
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Thunder Road
Backstreets
Born to Run
She's the One
Jungleland
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Incident on 57th Street
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
New York City Serenade

"Youngstown" definitely, but then it's a tossup between "Highway 29" and the title track.

I think this one is pretty straightforward. While I like tunes like Straight Time and Across The Border, both the title track and Youngstown are far and away the best ones here.

The title track (I really love it) and Youngstown, although I prefer the rocked up version they did on the reunion tour.

youngstown and my best was never good enough.

sure, the title track is great. i hate to say it, though, but i think i prefer ratm's cover.

you know, there are a lot of good songs on this album, too. it didn't need to be given the human touch pick two and move on treatment.

youngstown and my best was never good enough.

sure, the title track is great. i hate to say it, though, but i think i prefer ratm's cover.

you know, there are a lot of good songs on this album, too. it didn't need to be given the human touch pick two and move on treatment.

It's got nothing to do with the album, I love it too, but the fact that the third round of Tunnel of Love (a much higher ranked album) only gained 3 votes. I was getting tired of the low voter turn-out, and this is an easier (and from the looks of it, better) way to go through the albums at this point. I might go back to round by round for The Rising, since it's the only Tier 1 album left, but I don't know.

Yeah, I think The Rising should probably be round by round. Other than that, this is a good way to go.

I'll confess to not being very familiar at all with Lucky Town, Human Touch, or Tom Joad. The only three Bruce LPs that I don't know front to back. Perhaps I'll rectify that one day soon.

Title track doesn't need my help, so I'll lend some (not helpful in the slightest) support to Highway 29. And then of course, Youngstown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom