Springsteen Survivor - Born to Run - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please Vote for your least favorite.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please vote for your LEAST favorite.

Losing to New York City Serenade 8 to 4, the E Street Suffle was the last song to be eliminated from The Wild The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle. Moving on to the Tier 1 semi-final will be:

4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Incident on 57th Street
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
New York City Serenade

And as a reminder, the songs currently going to the Tier 2 semi are:
Lost in the Flood
For You
Spirit in the Night
It's Hard to Be A Saint in the City

Born to Run, because of the vast amount of votes it received in the favorite albums thread, will have five songs proceed to the tier 1 semi-final.

2nd Best album ever.

Voted for Meeting.

Want BTR, She's the One, Thunder Road, Backstreets and Jungleland to make it through.

I appreciate Meeting in the context of the album, but I never listen to it otherwise.

"Jungleland" should win the entire thing outright.

"Born to Run," "Thunder Road," "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out," and "Backstreets" are my picks to move on.

Thunder Road
Backstreets
Born To Run
Jungleland

are essential.

I'd like to see She's The One ahead of Tenth Avenue for the fifth spot, but it probably wouldn't matter which one went.

I'll do a little personal ranking of the tracks.

1. Thunder Road
2. Born To Run
3. Jungleland
4. Backstreets
5. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
6. She's The One
7. Night
8. Meeting Across The River

But, again, the mandatory disclaimer:

That doesn't mean that I don't think "Meeting" is a great song.

OK, all of these songs are terrific. I don't even know how to rank these songs, they're all so good. Night is an unbelievable song, which would probably win on a number of Springsteen's other albums. But it might be my 7th favorite on this album.

Meeting Across the River is a very beautiful song, but regretfully I've got to vote for it here.

Geez, what's wrong with some people on Interference?????

1. Um ... people have a different opinion than you?

2. You have to vote for something. You might love everything on the album, but if you want to participate, then you have to pick a least favorite.

3. So kindly get over it. ;)

I appreciate Meeting in the context of the album, but I never listen to it otherwise.

I don't even think it makes a whole lot of sense in the context of the album; should have been placed on Darkness instead of something nondescript like Factory or Streets Of Fire.

That said, it's an amazing song. Night should go first.

:hyper: shame this round won't be much fun.

Night for me, in the context of the album I find it decidedly average, and I really do think Meeting is in the top five here, but looks like it's going.

Born to Run to win the whole thing hopefully, with Jungleland, Thunder Road, Tenth and Meeting to go through would be my hopes, but I will definitely join a petition to get She's the One through ahead of the hugely overrated Backstreets.

1. Backstreets
2. Jungleland
3. Thunder Road
4. Born to Run
5. She's the One
6. Meeting Across the River
7. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
8. Night

1) "Born to Run"
2) "Thunder Road"
3) "Meeting Across the River"
4) "Backstreets"
5) "She's The One"
6) "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out"
7) "Night"
8) "Jungleland"

1. Born To Run ∞/5
2. Jungleland 5/5
3. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out 4.5/5
4. She's The One 4.5/5
5. Backstreets 4.5/5
6. Meeting Across The River 4.5/5
7. Thunder Road 4/5
8. Night 3.5/5

it's just how i've always felt, i mean it is a classic no doubt, but after the millionth "hidinonthebackstreets" it all just runs into one word, and it really takes away from the song for me.

some people don't like the beatles :shrug: if you shout... has jungleland at #8 there.

that i think amnesiac kind of sucks is a much less polarising opinion, i would have thought.

It's not polarizing at all, I'm just giving you shit.

It's okay to have the wrong opinion.

I'm not sure if it reads well on here, but I'm being completely sarcastic. Not trying to change your opinion or anything.

intedomine would be a good guy on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom