Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:
:hyper:

I love Springsteen shows. You'll have so much fun! :D

I'm sure I will! I'll bring back a full report and hopefully, a few pics if I can sneak a camera in. :D

jesus christ, i haven't even logged on interference since monday's concert
it was unbelievably good, and it surpassed every single of my wildest expectations, my appreciation for him and the band skyrocketed.
there were so many highlights!! i dont even know where to begin
and man, oh, man is he hot in person or what :drool:

elevation2u said:
jesus christ, i haven't even logged on interference since monday's concert
it was unbelievably good, and it surpassed every single of my wildest expectations, my appreciation for him and the band skyrocketed.
there were so many highlights!! i dont even know where to begin
and man, oh, man is he hot in person or what :drool:

:yes: :applaud: I was wondering when you'd come give your review! BTW, check your email :D

Bruuuuuuuce

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm so glad you loved it :hi5:

I just talked to my co-worker who saw him in Chicago, which got me even more excited for Monday.

I know what I'll be listening to all weekend. :yes:

I listened to We Shall Overcome today -- because it was Bruce, yet it was stuff I won't hear Monday night. :wink:

I'm going to be so excited this weekend :hyper:

Originally posted by phanan
I've still got over two weeks to go.

Just keep reading this thread and playing your albums. He'll be in your town before you know it.
:wink:

ucccch. If I didn't have an afternoon lab today, I would have driven down to minneapolis to see bruce.

OMFG!!!!! I'm still on an adrenaline rush, so forgive me if I can't string together coherent thoughts...

Highlights:
I WAS IN THE PIT! :hyper: Amazing.
She's the One-I thought of martha right away :wink:
Lonesome Day-One of my favorites from The Rising
The new songs sounded great! :heart:
We got THUNDER ROAD :D :faint: :combust:

AND, he's coming back in March to St. Paul, tickets going on sale on November 10th, I'm so there. :drool:

Oh, and he's looking fantastic as well! :drool: :drool:

howd u find out about him coming back to st. paul? did he release a list of second us leg dates?

thetitans2k said:
howd u find out about him coming back to st. paul? did he release a list of second us leg dates?

They announced it after the end of the show on the marquee that goes around the arena. March 16th, which is a Sunday night, at the Xcel again.

Complete set list:

Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Your Own Worst Enemy
Incident on 57th Street
Working on the Highway
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Encore
Girls in Their Summer Clothes (dedicated to 84 year old woman, it was her birthday, she was in the pit near me :crazy: )
Thunder Road
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
American Land

Pics from last night:
PB020200.jpg

PB020195.jpg

PB020192.jpg

PB020191.jpg

PB020189.jpg

PB020185.jpg

i checked my email, but there was nothing there
was it to

anywho, here are the best moments i remember..not in order

it will be incoherent and a ramble as i'm gonna attempt to take a stab at it ... 5 days later

candy's room ripping right into she's the one - heaven

backstreets - unbelievable, from the opening piano notes to the very end, it was solid and breathtaking.

gipsy biker - guitar madness

radio nowhere - running through my mind was 'wtf, i didnt even know this song was so good'

thundercrack?!?! - fuck yes, seriously, i love his wild early stuff that was loose and the lyrics were all over the place, the extended jam in the middle was exciting, genuine and joyful as i watched bruce, nils, soozie and the big man huddled in a small circle playing their hearts out

livin in the future - the crowd sang along and went nuts for this fantastic refreshing yet vintage sounding song, it's great when the audience gets excited over the new stuff as much as the older stuff

workin on the highway - this is very defining and unforgettable moment for me..and i'll tell you why,
i'm not a fan of "born in the usa", for the most part i'm always embarrassed to say i'm a bruce fan for the association with this dated, cheesy, overproduced, album. but this song killed, it was a knife through my heart of what i had never appreciated before. strapped with an acoustic guitar bruce swayed hips on stage, howled in falsettos, smiling devilishly and just plain rocked this song in a complete channeling elvis moment.
i have, ever since, been playing "born in the usa" in the house, in the car and discovering this album and understanding why it became such a blockbuster.

born to run - it's one of those songs you know will be great live yada yada yada, but it still manages surprise you at just how great an anthem it is. the crowd again went completely nuts, like if they had never heard the song live ever (i actually had not), the entire arena jumped, danced, sang and pounded fists in pure, genuine excitement, it was a very beautiful moment.

reason to believe - wow, just wow. i'm a huge fan of Nebraska so hearing anything from it would have been wonderful, but this transformation was almost too good to be true. i may be biased since i'm a sucker for harmonicas and bullet mic, and boy did bruce just got crazy on this or what..
words aren't enough to describe the awesomeness of this, it blew my mind and it was the moment that it completely sunk in that "i'm finally here, at a bruce show, after such a long wait, this isn't a dream, jesus christ, i expected it to be good but not thiiiis good"

badlands/promise land - awwww darkness tunes, in full glory and soaring anthems, bruce's riveting guitar work, max's pounding drums, clarence's explosive sax, it was unbelievable.. when i first discovered this record it made me see life in this country in a whole new way.. it was dark and cruel but managed to have that glimpse of hope and redemption running beneath it. so yea, i was excited and probably a complete freak during these songs, as i sang to the words and moved to the music with a stupid smile on my face the entire time.

magic - a reminder that his lyrics are as powerful as ever and still an important voice for this country.

Last edited by a moderator:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
So, there was no hassle with your camera, oneblood?

:hmm:

The security guy was giving me dirty looks, but he gave them to everyone in the pit who had a camera, which was a lot of people. Most people had camera phones, but I did have my digital with me; I just snuck it in my shirt, although, I was never searched during the entire pit line up or when I finally entered the pit. I also tried to limit my picture taking to when the lights were up, or I turned off my flash if I took pics when the lights were down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom