Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I don't think Bruce is too keen on cameras. When I had GA in '02 I didn't see any, and even as recently as last summer I got bitched out by security for taking a picture of the stage a full half hour before the show from my third row seat. :shrug:
:( boooo!

You now know my close-ish Bruce/Et ST photos from back in the day :wink: :).....
...I was taking them on the far right aisle adjacent to the 1st row. BUT NO flash juast B&W film I I asked the pro-lab to push to 800ISO.

WithDid you uses a flash?
:hmm:THAT could have made the difference.

Last edited:
:combust:

I have audio of Badlands on my cellphone - don't know how to get it off of there!

The Sports Arena rocked!!! :rockon: And it was hot, literally & figuratively. Dress lightly, leave early as there may be lots of traffic (Nokia in downtown L.A. has Neil Young, Staples Center has the Lakers I think, and the Sports Arena has BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!

I didn't see the setlist posted on Backstreets yet... I started to keep track then send f**kit! Radio Nowhere, No Surrender, Lonesome Day, Gypsy Biker, Magic, Reason To Believe, Candy's Room, She's The One, Livin' In The Future, Promised Land... I know Patti did a song, which Bruce sang on. Um... what else... Backstreets, Devil's Arcade, The Rising, Last To Die, Long Walk Home, Badlands, Girls In Their Summer Clothes, Thundercrack, Born To Run, Dancing In The Dark, American Land

:faint:

ETA: The Sports Arena looked pretty packed!
and info from Backstreets: http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=53066

ETA2: I uploaded the audio of Badlands from my cell to you-send-it. For premium members who want it, it's listed as my "homepage" in my profile. What do you expect from a cellphone in the back of the arena :wink:

Last edited:
On Backstreets, there is a thread of possible sightings expected for the L.A. show. Apparently, these celebrities were spotted tonight by various posters on that forum:
The Edge, Matt Damon, Jackson Browne, Henry Winkler, Pete Carroll (Sports Arena is very near to USC), Rick Rubin, James Hetfield (Metallica) Richard Lewis,...

Lila64 said:
On Backstreets, there is a thread of possible sightings expected for the L.A. show. Apparently, these celebrities were spotted tonight by various posters on that forum:
The Edge, Matt Damon, Jackson Browne, Henry Winkler, Pete Carroll (Sports Arena is very near to USC), Rick Rubin, James Hetfield (Metallica) Richard Lewis,...

:ohmy: :edge:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME show last night. My first Broooce concert ever. Damn, the Sports arena is a good venue. I got home in 15 minutes! Highlights for me were Badlands, The Long Walk Home, Last to Die, Girls in their Summer Clothes, Born to Run and She's the One.

Bad news: parking is 20 bucks, and all food/drink is cash only inside the venue, no credit cards. (altho the tshirt stand might be different). Also the vendors were slow as molasses.

martha said:
I was just thinking, all this talk of a stadium tour. How's that gonna happen, when he didn't sell out two nights at the LA Sports arena, and I got an email about Detroit tickets and a roadtrip from TM?
10 nights at Giants Stadium in NJ
4 nights at Lincoln Financial Field in Philly
3 nights at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro MA
2 nights at Yankee Stadium (before it closes)
2 nights at Wrigley field in Chicago
1 night at Dodger stadium.

There is your Bruce full U.S. stadium tour.

phillyfan26 said:
I love the fact that he has two nicknames. Just sayin'.

He's a funny little man :cute:

Hewson said:

:drool:

Hewson said:

i'm wondering if bruce will try to top the 10 shows at giants stadium from the rising tour... but it is interesting about possibly playing yankee stadium before it closes, but he may have to stick with simply doing football stadiums because the tour would probably be in the middle of next baseball season.

he could always do one uber clusterfuck shit show spectacular and pack central park out with about, oh, 2 million people.

much like jerry seinfeld, billy crystal and billy joel, sometimes i wonder how people outside of the new york/new jersey metroplex fully get bruce springsteen.

Hewson said:

But again, not selling out two sports arena shows might make selling out Dodger stadium a little dicey. And offering a Californian Detroit tickets might mean selling out two stadium shows in Chicago might not go as planned. It isn't 1985 anymore.

martha said:

But again, not selling out two sports arena shows might make selling out Dodger stadium a little dicey. And offering a Californian Detroit tickets might mean selling out two stadium shows in Chicago might not go as planned. It isn't 1985 anymore.

Hey, you passed up a chance to see Bruce with me in the Motor City? :mad:

martha said:

Yeah but the shows in baseball parks hold less than football stadia, so instead of like 80,000 for the coliseum, they can configure Dodger Stadium for 45,000 or so, and instead of 80,000 at Soldier Field, Wrigley might be 35,000-40,000.

Lila64 said:
:combust:

I have audio of Badlands on my cellphone - don't know how to get it off of there!

The Sports Arena rocked!!! :rockon: And it was hot, literally & figuratively. Dress lightly, leave early as there may be lots of traffic (Nokia in downtown L.A. has Neil Young, Staples Center has the Lakers I think, and the Sports Arena has BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!

I didn't see the setlist posted on Backstreets yet... I started to keep track then send f**kit! Radio Nowhere, No Surrender, Lonesome Day, Gypsy Biker, Magic, Reason To Believe, Candy's Room, She's The One, Livin' In The Future, Promised Land... I know Patti did a song, which Bruce sang on. Um... what else... Backstreets, Devil's Arcade, The Rising, Last To Die, Long Walk Home, Badlands, Girls In Their Summer Clothes, Thundercrack, Born To Run, Dancing In The Dark, American Land

:faint:

ETA: The Sports Arena looked pretty packed!
and info from Backstreets: http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=53066

ETA2: I uploaded the audio of Badlands from my cell to you-send-it. For premium members who want it, it's listed as my "homepage" in my profile. What do you expect from a cellphone in the back of the arena :wink:

sounds like it was a great show!!!:yippie:
Listening to Badlands now :yes:
Glad to hear you had a good time!!! :dance:

:yippie: and the crowd was loud too - probably hard to tell from my recording :shrug: I restrained from singing during that song :wink:

BTW, do the recordings from Bruce shows ever show up, like they do for U2 shows :shifty:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
much like jerry seinfeld, billy crystal and billy joel, sometimes i wonder how people outside of the new york/new jersey metroplex fully get bruce springsteen.

Springsteen's always been understood fully in Philly too. My mother has a lot of family from North Jersey, and I've never found my mother lacking "getting" Bruce anymore than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom