Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
There was just a small drop for the first Boston show. Single club seats. I would have posted sooner but Interference was down.
Must be drop day at the Fleetgarden, some nice VH tix dropped today also, Loge 14 and 21.

I couldn't find my copy of Detroit VFC but I did find it on the awesome backstreets mp3 bootleg page :) http://btxmp3index.freeforums.org/index.php
The Detroit show is here:
CD1 http://www.mediafire.com/?6wewjk03vzr
CD2 http://www.mediafire.com/?fmyfvdz2gtw

I did find these pics while I was looking though:

13voteconcert1003.jpg

detroit3.jpg

detroit4.jpg

r422029202.jpg

2004-1003-ec-vote050.jpg

2004-1003-ec-vote055.jpg

People have the POWER, People have the POWERRR ! :dance: :dance:

What a great show! I think we almost blew the roof off the COBO that night :happy: Too bad the rest of the country couldn't hear us....

Any S.Cal fans need tix for Monday night? Please let me know. We may have 1 or 2. At this rate, maybe 3. We can make a deal... :pray:

:sad:

Hey - to those of you who've already seen the show. Is there an opening act? And if not, how much later than the stated start time on the ticket did they begin?

:hyper:

there is no opening act, from what i know
there hasn't been one in decades i guess this allowed him to play marathon concerts

i'm not too sure about your 2nd q
i've definitely read he starts "much later"
but i dont know what time that actually means

i cant believe it's tomorrow,
i know once i'm there
and they start to play
it's gonna be sooooo surreal

No opening act, shows have been starting between 8:10 and 8:30. Legend has it that Bruce was booed off the stage once when he was an opening act for someone else before he even started to play so he doesn't want that to happen to another band.

Nightsong said:
No opening act, shows have been starting between 8:10 and 8:30. Legend has it that Bruce was booed off the stage once when he was an opening act for someone else before he even started to play so he doesn't want that to happen to another band.

:hmm: makes sense... i always wondered why bruce never had an opener. i always thought it was because he wanted as much time as possible and didn't want to have to worry about the curfews that most major venues have in place.

Nightsong said:

Never heard about that, but there have been instances where Bruce opened for someone and stole the show, thus rendering the main act meaningless. There is the infamous gig where he opened for Anne Murray, of all people, and the time he opened for Chicago on a very small tour of theirs. Supposedly, the first night Chicago let him use their video screens, and he brought the house down. Needless to say, after that, they didn't let him use them again.

phanan said:

Never heard about that, but there have been instances where Bruce opened for someone and stole the show, thus rendering the main act meaningless. There is the infamous gig where he opened for Anne Murray, of all people, and the time he opened for Chicago on a very small tour of theirs. Supposedly, the first night Chicago let him use their video screens, and he brought the house down. Needless to say, after that, they didn't let him use them again.

I don't know who the main act was at that gig but supposedly the crowd started booing as soon as Bruce came out and never gave him a chance, he just walked off and left. IIRC, I think at the Detroit VFC show where BrightEyes and REM played before Bruce, he came out and told the crowd "No Brucing" before Bright Eyes took the stage....and we all know how some people that don't understanding the "Brucing" think the crowd is booing ;)

Nightsong said:

Maybe they were just saying, "BROOOOOOOOOCE." :wink:

martha said:

Lila64 said:

I know! So excited! I have a GA, flying solo for the show, and I'm planning on getting there around 1pm. Fingers crossed for a pit spot...

What's the camera policy for his shows? I know that Ticketbastard says No Cameras, but you know how that goes, all depends on the artist.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I don't think Bruce is too keen on cameras. When I had GA in '02 I didn't see any, and even as recently as last summer I got bitched out by security for taking a picture of the stage a full half hour before the show from my third row seat. :shrug:

:sad:

Good thing I can smuggle in my bra :shifty: :lol: I suppose I'll just try to be sneaky about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom