Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:

Only two hours?! Man, he's getting old. :wink:

roughly 2 1/2... but it's not like a u2 2 1/2, with two 5-10 minute encore "let's see how long they'll cheer for us even though they know full well the impromptu encore is scheduled" break plus 5 hours of bono talking about how africa sucks and all.

it's a seemless 2 1/2 hours with hardly any gaps or ramblings or breaks.

which of course you know already, making that last post completely useless. :hi5:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
apparently bono was at the show last night and was supposed to get on stage but didn't.

i hope he's okay :sad:

:heart::hug:::bono::hug::heart:
He was too busy eating PF Changs to get out of his seat, he's going for 12 Courics.

great pics lila!
:drool: :drool:

:sigh:

wish i WAS going, but might stand outside adfter the show :lol: Bruce-sighting and {usually a great time}smooshing w other fans!
Will bring my Bruce/E ST Pics from 1976 & 78 back when they didn't chase amateur photogs away!!!
We used to be able to run up to center or side is;le and stay for a long time with telephtos lens -- the kick was NO flash....but hey i got some stunner photos anyway!!! even if more grainy than w flash.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
dazzled, you aren't going tonight? :(

hi LMPO! :hug:

no. I couldn't afford a tix. :(

I'm confused as to whether my sis was going to offer me a tix IF SHE got any {she didn't on first run b/c she was STILL recovering from her emergency surgery & just getting back to work [where she would have done the tix getting via 'puter] } on line later (b/c of somethinmg she said} . but when she got a tix Stubhub-- she told me people seemed to be mostly offering one.

Well, there's ~Life willing ~the stadiums later:D

I will probably try to stand out after!
Sinse i did it for U2 why not Bruuuuce! besides it's SO much fun to hang out w a group of avid fans! :yes:

have a great time!

last night's setlist:

Setlist:
Radio Nowhere
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Candy's Room
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Tougher Than the Rest
Meeting Across the River
Jungleland
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
American Land

What a set list!

I wonder what it'll be like in a few weeks. :hmm: When he gets to, oh, say, Detroit. :wink:

Hint: the Detroit Medley would be nice. A cliche, but nice.

had first of two shows last night, pics to follow soon hopefully. thought Bruce sounded great and had a lot of energy. Had seats on the side of the stage, but didn't seem like he or the others moved around that much to the sides or on the back ramp. Patti wasn't there but he dedicated Girls in Their Summer Clothes to her and said it was a "kid thing" as to why she wasn't there. but it was awesome. heading back for more tonight! :rockon:

set list:

Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Adam Raised a Cain
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Your Own Worst Enemy
Backstreets
Cadillac Ranch
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
American Land

Last edited:
the setlists have been semi-predictable thus far. i mean, not u2 predictable or anything... but, yea. some surprises but nothing that's been really "wowweee wow wow" surprising yet.

But pretty damn good for only a few weeks into a tour. And any show with Meeting Across The River into Jungleland is a winner in my book.

Here's hoping the second show in Boston, which wraps up the first leg, brings out some surprises...

one thing i noticed at my show but haven't brought up in here is that the video screens they're using are all High Def, which could lead to an HD-DVD release somewhere down the line

I noticed that at the CAA rehearsal show, they did look pretty impressive.

yea, the setlists have been looking very 'meh'
but at the same time ..i get annoyed at msyelf for even caring, i've been waiting to see him for years and it's finally gonna happen so i know once i'm there i'll be excited to hear anything.
but part of me is hoping to have some crazy surprise, even if it's no Philly, NY, or NJ,
it's fucking LA!!
give us something great,
we deserve it
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom