Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that I can pick any favorites right now. Hell, I'm still trying to pin down my favorite moments from last night's concerts. Right now I'm still stuck on "ALL OF THEM!!" :wink:

And thanks for the info on Trapped - didn't realize it was a cover. Interesting to start a show with a cover song.

martha said:
She's the One
Brilliant Disguise
Fade Away
Two Hearts
Downbound Train

:up: I approve. I can't pick either. It's been so long since I've been through his catalogue I'd have to think about it.

I'm such a n00b!

You know what made me laugh last night? All the uber-Bruceness counting before so many songs "ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!"

It totally reminded me of Ben Stiller's thing from his old TV show. "Legends of Springsteen" :lol:

Love it. I don't think it would have been much of a Bruce show without it.

Brillant Disguise is just so excellent.
I first saw Bruce in 1973.
I remember thinking then,
"I'll be telling my grandchildren about him"
Now I have 2 granddaughters and he's still around - even if they don't know him yet...
They will. :yes:

At the risk of sounding cliched, I think my favorite moment from last night was Born to Run.

I arrived at this conclusion after listening to a live version (from that 3 disc live set) on my iPod and actually getting choked up.

It took me right back to last night, shouting the lyrics with 20,000 other fans, fists raised in the air, house lights up. You have not lived until you've screamed Born to Run with 20,000 of your closest friends.

Because at that moment, everyone there is your closest friend.

Two quick album observations from my Day of Bruce:

Is it just me, or is Born To Run a perfect album?

Is it just me, or is The River not that great? I'd been hearing for years how great it is, but ... eh.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

You know, I was just beginning to question whether it was definitive favorite last night. I hadn't listened to it in a while, so I put it on.

Yes, it's perfect.

corianderstem said:

I arrived at this conclusion after listening to a live version (from that 3 disc live set) on my iPod and actually getting choked up.

Is it just me, or is The River not that great? I'd been hearing for years how great it is, but ... eh.

I remember getting choked up when I first heard "Born in the USA" live. I didn't even like that song but with the MSG audience and all that power on stage, it was absolutely phenomenal.

Born to Run live is like Streets. It's the defining song. You think you're sick of it, and then you discover it's always one of the greatest live R&R moments.

And it is indeed a perfect record.

The River is not that great. I liked it at the time but...not so much now.

The Seattle bootleg finally finished downloading. I haven't given it a proper listen yet, but the snippet I heard after converting?

:hyper:

corianderstem said:
I'm such a n00b!

You know what made me laugh last night? All the uber-Bruceness counting before so many songs "ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!"

It totally reminded me of Ben Stiller's thing from his old TV show. "Legends of Springsteen" :lol:

Love it. I don't think it would have been much of a Bruce show without it.

I loved it when those came on. Even now when I listen to Bruce I do the "ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!" to myself, heh.

On TM, I just snagged a great lower seat for Bruce in Charlotte. Looks like my first two Boss shows will be on the same weekend!:drool:

Nope, no opening act.

I just got a copy of the deluxe version of the Seeger Sessions CD, with the DVD. I can't stop listening (and dancing a fine jig) to American Land.

And I just discovered the bootleg download links on Backstreets. Hellooooo, new obsession! :drool:

COBL_04 said:
What would be The Boss' best albums after Born to Run and Born in the USA? Many more worth getting?

I would get The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle and Nebraska to round out your collection. If you're going to a show on this tour I would get Magic too.

If you liked Born To Run, Darkness is a good choice.

If you liked Born In The USA, Tunnel Of Love is a good choice.

The Rising and Magic are excellent to check out for his recent material.

Nebraska is an incredible solo acoustic album.

What's the consensus here on the Seeger Sessions record? Me, I just think it's the best damned thing since sliced bread. I love that folksy Americana stuff.

Both the album and the tour kind of got a lukewarm reception here in the U.S., while it seemed to be more popular in Europe, ironically enough.

A lot of regulars who always see him with the E Street Band didn't bother catching him on that tour, and let me tell you, they missed out. It was one of the best shows I've seen, easily on par with the recent E Street shows.

I think the album is fantastic. It's loose, it's spontaneous, it's fun. You can tell they all sat around the Springsteen farm/ranch, whatever the hell you wanna call it, and had a blast making it.

phanan said:
It's loose, it's spontaneous, it's fun. You can tell they all sat around the Springsteen farm/ranch, whatever the hell you wanna call it, and had a blast making it.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Yes.

phanan said:

I think the album is fantastic. It's loose, it's spontaneous, it's fun. You can tell they all sat around the Springsteen farm/ranch, whatever the hell you wanna call it, and had a blast making it.

:yes:

With musicians like that, it's a joy to hear them do just about anything, especially when they're loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom