Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Itty bitty bladder committee represent!

I realized I never finished my thought about Craigslist. I checked out the listings this morning, and there are several other calls to trade, both for GA and to get rid of GA, but everyone's looking for two tickets.

I should just post it and see what happens - maybe there's one lonely soul out there who's dying to have GA. It would suck to get a nosebleed in return, especially when I shelled out more money for my ticket, but if the alternative is me being miserable, it'd be worth it.

Throw it up on Backstreets.com in their ticket exchange part of the forum. Usually someone's looking for a GA to trade for. And, even people like me, who always need a single. :wink:

Oh! I didn't even think about Backstreets. Thanks!

Edit: and I just PM'd someone over there who wants to trade a good seat for a GA. Oooooooooh. Ooh!

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
Oh! I didn't even think about Backstreets. Thanks!

Edit: and I just PM'd someone over there who wants to trade a good seat for a GA. Oooooooooh. Ooh!

:hi5: Hope that deal goes through!

Turns out that guy had already found a plan B, but I did get an email from someone who saw my ad on Craigslist, and knock on wood, tomorrow we should be exchanging tickets! It's a good seat, too.

There will be no screaming or singing along tomorrow night - I sound like Suzanne Pleshette x Kathleen Turner x 1billion.

That's great that you could trade and that you'll still be able to see the show. I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to go to the Rochester show, but I was too sick to make the trip. Stupid mono flare-up :(

corianderstem said:
Turns out that guy had already found a plan B, but I did get an email from someone who saw my ad on Craigslist, and knock on wood, tomorrow we should be exchanging tickets! It's a good seat, too.

There will be no screaming or singing along tomorrow night - I sound like Suzanne Pleshette x Kathleen Turner x 1billion.

Have a great time. Hopefully you're cold will be better by then.

I know you guys are talking about the tour but anyway I have a general Bruce question. Okay, the only CD I have of his is the black and red Greatest Hits. And I only like some songs off of it. My favorite Bruce songs are...

Human Touch
Streets Of Philadelphia :love:
I'm On Fire (which is not even on that cd)
Born In The USA
The Rising
Shut Out The Light

Based on that, is there one album where you guys think I can start? lol. I know that list is kinda all over the place. But I find myself enjoying latter day Bruce more than old stuff... I think.

I was going to suggest The Rising as well. Great album, and it was the first of Bruce's that I'd listened to. :up:

Zootlesque said:
I know you guys are talking about the tour but anyway I have a general Bruce question. Okay, the only CD I have of his is the black and red Greatest Hits. And I only like some songs off of it. My favorite Bruce songs are...

Human Touch
Born In The USA
The Rising
Shut Out The Light

Based on that, is there one album where you guys think I can start? lol. I know that list is kinda all over the place. But I find myself enjoying latter day Bruce more than old stuff... I think.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Tunnel of Love :yes:

Have fun tonight, cori! :hyper:

Zootlesque said:

Human Touch
Born In The USA
The Rising
Shut Out The Light

For older stuff, based on the kind of music I know you generally listen to, I'd get Born In The USA or Tunnel Of Love.

If you want to check out his classics from the 70's, you obviously start with Born To Run.

The Rising and Magic are excellent to check out for his recent material.

And finally, knowing that you don't like Springsteen as much as others, you may simply want to get The Essential Bruce Springsteen, which is a far better compilation than the single Greatest Hits disc you have.

I'd second the recommendation of The Essential Springsteen - it's really great.

OHMYGOD YOU GUYS, I'M SEEING BRUCE IN JUST OVER FIVE HOURS!!!!!!! :hyper:

I have my shiny new reserved ticket in my hot little hands! I feel like a human being today, too, and not like a giant snot monster!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

corianderstem said:
I'd second the recommendation of The Essential Springsteen - it's really great.

OHMYGOD YOU GUYS, I'M SEEING BRUCE IN JUST OVER FIVE HOURS!!!!!!! :hyper:

I have my shiny new reserved ticket in my hot little hands! I feel like a human being today, too, and not like a giant snot monster!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:up:

I'm glad you're feeling better. Being a giant snot monster certainly would make it difficult to go "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce" :wink:

Oh, I still have no voice. So my joy will remain unvocalized. I'll just have to jump around and wave my arms like a fool instead. :wink:

Ha - I was thinking I had to look up what that first song was. I don't think I'd ever heard it. Trapped! Good to know.

He started like an hour late, which was kind of annoying. I couldn't tell what he was saying during some of the between-song chatter, but it sounds like there maybe were some technical difficulties.

And Patti wasn't there, which was a bummer. Again, I couldn't tell why - I heard him talking about teenaged kids, 100 pizzas being delivered, and pot cookies coming out of the oven.

You know, for the first few songs, I was feeling kind of underwhelmed - I just wasn't quite feeling it, the sound didn't feel right (I wanted it to be louder, and things weren't coming across clearly to me - I don't know if it was just my cold, or if there were issues at first).

Then they busted out Because the Night, and everything clicked from that point on. There was a killer solo that got the crowd just pumping, and everything was just a barn-buster from then on.

I'm guessing he does this a lot - pull someone's song request sign out of the pit and take it around to the band to say "we're playing this next," then showing the crowd by putting it at the base of his mic stand. He did that twice, both for 10 Avenue Freeze Out and Rosalita.

Considering he did it twice, I'm thinking it's something he does a lot, but I'm curious to hear if that was two little bits of spontaneity or what.

But yeah, the encore ... holy shit, you guys. I haven't paid too close attention to the set lists, but it seemed maybe abbreviated - it was just 10th Avenue, Rosalita, Born to Run and American Land, but holy shit, it was the most amazing stretch of concert I've ever seen.

Again, I would assume every good Bruce show has a great crowd, but the encore really brought the place down. I've never felt such a "shared moment" as I did with the encore, especially Born to Run, when they had the house lights up.

Incredible. I actually missed hearing Girls In Their Summer Clothes, but I ain't mad at you, Bruce.

Oh, and whatever the song was before Devil's Arcade (very quiet and intense, lots of lyrics about "point blank") - he had the arena in the palm of his hand for that two-song set.

So, so amazing. I now worship at the throne of King Bruce.

Trapped
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Because the Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Your Own Worst Enemy
Point Blank
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Rosalita
Born to Run
American Land

Thanks! I was just over on Backstreets - I was wondering if it was just me to think it was an outstanding show, but apparently not. :up:

Interesting that the Point Blank song was a tour debut as well - a lot of people in the crowd seemed to know it. I thought "is this on the new album and I'm just lame for not remembering it?"

Apparently the delay was due to something being wrong with the organ that plays at the start of the show.

corianderstem said:

Interesting that the Point Blank song was a tour debut as well - a lot of people in the crowd seemed to know it. I thought "is this on the new album and I'm just lame for not remembering it?"

It's from The River. :drool:

Sounds like a great show. I'm still mad that he's not coming anywhere near me. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom