Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Aug. 2 date at Gillette is up on Ticketmaster now, and there is a presale going on before the official sale date of this Saturday.

I tried the presale, but the seats were just ok. I found one way back on the field, and another in the lower section on the other side of the stage. So much for that.

I'll obviously see what comes up on Saturday, but methinks this will be like it was back in '03 when the drops were plentiful a few days before at both Gillette and Fenway.

I'd say I rank Magic as this:
1. Gypsy Biker
2. Long Walk Home
3. Last to Die
4. Devil's Arcade
5. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
6. Radio Nowhere
7. Livin' in the Future
8. Your Own Worst Enemy
9. Magic
10. I'll Work for Your Love
11. You'll Be Comin' Down

Songs 1-7 are incredibly close, though, and I also really like 8 and 9. Only the last two would I be willing to skip.

I'll Work For Your Love is the weakest point of the album, I think. After that, I'd put Your Own Worst Enemy next (even though it's decent) because it ends way too quickly. Another solo of some sort at the end and you've got a real winner there.

Livin' In The Future, You'll Be Comin' Down, Radio Nowhere, and Gypsy Biker would be in the middle.

Long Walk Home, Last To Die, Devil's Arcade, Magic, Girls In Their Summer Clothes, and Terry's Song are all perfect.

I'm hoping Key Arena puts up some info about how the GA stuff works. I'm pretty sure they had it online prior to the U2 concerts in '04.

... I did find the rules for the Bradley Center for last week's Milwaukee show. I'm assuming they're likely the same for each show.

So, some questions:

Are there are only 100 wristbands? Do wristbands guarantee entry into the pit? Ergo, if I get a wristband, I'm in the pit but the lottery will depend on how close I am?

Wow, if that's true, I'll take any spot I get - I figured I'd be one of 600 or so hoping for a close spot.

(Give me good news, people. The short person wants a good shot at being able to see! :wink: )

Second question: let's say I get my wristband and come back later, before the doors open. Even if there are people already in line and the drawing has already occurred, I can find my numerical place in line and take it, no matter if someone else was there longer, right? If I'm number 15 and the line starts with number 15, if I waltz up 5 minutes before the doors open, I'm right in front?

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
If I'm number 15 and the line starts with number 15, if I waltz up 5 minutes before the doors open, I'm right in front?

Nope that won't work. From previous concert experience, ,you will have to salsa up just before doors open.

:wink:

corianderstem said:
I'm hoping Key Arena puts up some info about how the GA stuff works. I'm pretty sure they had it online prior to the U2 concerts in '04.

... I did find the rules for the Bradley Center for last week's Milwaukee show. I'm assuming they're likely the same for each show.

So, some questions:

Are there are only 100 wristbands? Do wristbands guarantee entry into the pit? Ergo, if I get a wristband, I'm in the pit but the lottery will depend on how close I am?

Wow, if that's true, I'll take any spot I get - I figured I'd be one of 600 or so hoping for a close spot.

(Give me good news, people. The short person wants a good shot at being able to see! :wink: )

Second question: let's say I get my wristband and come back later, before the doors open. Even if there are people already in line and the drawing has already occurred, I can find my numerical place in line and take it, no matter if someone else was there longer, right? If I'm number 15 and the line starts with number 15, if I waltz up 5 minutes before the doors open, I'm right in front?

Wristbands do not guarantee pit admittance. Your number is put into the lottery to get into the pit.

The general procedure has been the same for all the shows.

Here's the breakdown:

-Wristbands are given out between 2pm and 5pm, there is no limit on how many wristbands can be handed out. (My opinion, either be right at the front for wristband handout or way in the back, it seems to be higher numbers that are picked, so if you're in the front, you're in, if you're in the back, you're in.)

-Number drawing is at the specified location at 5:15pm

-Approximately 500 people get into the pit, but it does fluctuate depending on the venue and fire codes

-Pit numbering works like this: say 1000 wristbands are given out and number 900 is drawn. You are then lined up from 900-1000, and then it starts over at 1-400 as the pit winners.

-If you aren't a pit winner, it does pay to stick around because you will get to go in before the GA people who didn't get wristbands.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I'm a worrier about stuff like this - I like to know everything I can rather than showing up and winging it.

I'll keep checking for Key Arena specific info, but it gives me an idea.

Tonights setlist had two tour premiers

1. The Ties That Bind
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Adam Raised A Cain
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Something In The Night
7. Reason To Believe
8. You'll Be Coming Down TOUR PREMIERE
9, Because The Night
10. She's The One
11. Living In The Future
12. The Promised Land
13. Sherry Darlin TOUR PREMIERE
14. Incident < Possible fan request
15. Devil's Arcade
16. The Rising
17. Last To Die
18. Long Walk Home
19. Badlands

20. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
21. Born To Run
22. Rosalita
23. Glory Days
24. American Land

haha. I was going to change it to world premiere, but I didn't think it was necessary lol.

Magic dropped out though :sigh:

Lol you read my mind Phanan...well yeah, you posted half an hour ago, but still I was just about to come say that XD

I'm outta the loop, since there's no Bruce cocnert for me on the horizon I try and avoid looking at the setlist, usually it makes me green with envy!

I remember hearing faint rumors about Bruce hitting the studio/writing new songs. Hope a record comes out later this year, wishful thinking!

sorry couldnt resist
1196113623771.jpg

:shifty:

maybe a miricle will hapen and I'll get a tix for thre gisant stadium show......
I really love this new(ish) album!!

or maybe i'll take the bus out there (and back) and stand around looking for to see if anyone has tixs they got for free and give one away

that's how I saw him at Shea stadium in ? 04? !!! :drool: :drool:

i have seen him & E sat and the other (rock) band too.............
since ? 76 in a theater. almost all his band tours .
excpet I KNOW i missed the Born In the USA tour.

I saw him closer first than my first full U2 show in 84.

In fact I'veSTILLseen him CLOSER than ANY U2 show i've ever been u2! and that's 22 years ( '05 Vertigo)
<it's actually why I started standing outside before & after U2 show after I got crummy seats YET again for June elev tour>

so It's not exactly like I can complain!:madspit:

:wink:

But I hate missing songs THIS good :drool: *LIVE*! :mad:

:crossesfingers: for tix. :D

Last edited:
I guess I'dlist mysuper favs off of Magic as:

1 Devil's Arcade
2 Radio Nowhere
3 Girls in tTheir Summer Clothes
4 Gypsy Biker
5 Living In the Future

then I really like:
Last to Die// Your Own Worst Enemy// You Be Coming down//Long Walk Home

Like:
Maigc

OK:
I'll Work for your Love

Last edited:
My favourite ones from Magic are Magic, Last To Die, Devil's Arcade and Gypsy Biker.

I'll have to wait until June, 16, before I see Bruce again. :sad:

But then, it's going to be just great.

I'm laid up with a horrid cold, desperately willing myself to be better by Saturday night. :(

I mean, I'm still going - no way would I miss it unless I come down with tubercolosis or something between now and Saturday. I'd just prefer to be feeling good enough to jump around like a dork and enjoy it. Probably no screaming or singing along, I'm predicting.

I almost thought about going on Craigslist to see if I could swap my GA for a reserved seat, which would mean I could rest all afternoon rather than have to go back and forth between home and Key Arena for wristbands and joining the line when the doors open. It'd be nice to be able to waltz in just before showtime and take my seat.

Blerg.

Itty bitty bladder committee represent!

I realized I never finished my thought about Craigslist. I checked out the listings this morning, and there are several other calls to trade, both for GA and to get rid of GA, but everyone's looking for two tickets.

I should just post it and see what happens - maybe there's one lonely soul out there who's dying to have GA. It would suck to get a nosebleed in return, especially when I shelled out more money for my ticket, but if the alternative is me being miserable, it'd be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom