Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, back from St. Paul, here's the setlist, I'll put up a real review tomorrow:

1. Night
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Darkness on the Edge of Town
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Magic
7. Reason To Believe
8. Prove It All Night
9. She's The One
10. Livin' In The Future
11. The Promised Land
12. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
13. Backstreets
14. Devil's Arcade
15. The Rising
16. Last To Die
17. Long Walk Home
18. Badlands

Encore
19. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
20. Jungleland
21. Born To Run
22. Dancing in the Dark
23. American Land

God, I can't WAIT!

I'm looking forward to hearing The Promised Land, and Badlands, and Born to Run, and The Rising ... well shit, I'm looking forward to hearing all of it.

And I love that American Land song - is that a cover? A new Bruce song? What's the scoop there? I hadn't heard it before I heard a bootleg from earlier in the tour.

corianderstem said:
God, I can't WAIT!

I'm looking forward to hearing The Promised Land, and Badlands, and Born to Run, and The Rising ... well shit, I'm looking forward to hearing all of it.

And I love that American Land song - is that a cover? A new Bruce song? What's the scoop there? I hadn't heard it before I heard a bootleg from earlier in the tour.

American Land is from Bruce's Seeger Sessions album. :)

Here's my full report:

I had a GA ticket, got to the Xcel at noon, and was one of 10 people there. Got wristband number 17 because some people budged in front of us, though it doesn't matter with a pit lottery anyway. Came back at 5 for the drawing, and oh yes, pit number 2 for me! :D Once we got in the arena, I went straight for Little Stevie's side and ended up 2nd behind some tall guys. Stevie really played to our side of the stage, winking and singing along with all of the girls. Once the encore hit, I asked the tall guys if they would mind letting me on the rail for the encore. They were really nice, and they said sure. During "Born to Run," Stevie looked right at me and sang, "Tramps like us, baby we were born to run," with me. He did the same thing during "Dancing in the Dark."

Rarity highlights for me: "Darkness on the Edge of Town," "Prove It All Night," "Backstreets," "Jungleland."

He had "Meeting Across the River," "Because the Night," "Jackson Cage," "Thunder Road," and "Kitty's Back" on the written set list, but switched it up a couple times for us. It would have been nice to see "Because the Night" and "Thunder Road" (for the second time), but I'm not disappointed in the least bit.

I'm hoping for another leg after the European shows in the summer. :sexywink:

You can't go wrong with a setlist that has both Backstreets and Jungleland.

As for American Land, it's only available on the expanded version of Seeger Sessions, and it's live. But it's fantastic.

phanan said:
You can't go wrong with a setlist that has both Backstreets and Jungleland.

As for American Land, it's only available on the expanded version of Seeger Sessions, and it's live. But it's fantastic.

Yep, first time since 1985 that both were in the same show. :drool:

corianderstem said:
God, I can't WAIT!

Tonight! :yippie: Tonight! :yippie: Tonight! :yippie:

onebloodonelife said:
American Land is from Bruce's Seeger Sessions album. :)

Oh, okay. I have the initial release of the album, and it's not on there. Bummer.

Edit: Oops, just saw phanan's comment saying the same thing. Guess I'll have to trade up my copy.

SO....I'm going to See him on the 13th in Dallas at the American Airlines center.

Problem...friend that was going with me backed out.

Someone has an extra ticket.

I've traveled all day and am enjoying the Cincinnati skyline from my hotel window (Kroger world HQ anyone?).

The day feels appropriately early spring, appropriately midwest, appropriate for our entourage of four, where three of us will be "losing our Springsteen virginity" so to speak.

Ready, set, go.

How do you feel about Gypsy Biker and Girls in Their Summer Clothes?

Those are the only two tracks that I can't make up my mind on how I feel about them.

bono_212 said:
Was the Cincy show as bad as I'm hearing?

Or was it just rushed?

Sounds like it was just a little rushed.

Then again, longtime fans accustomed to getting at least 2 and a half hours of a show on this tour would've been disappointed no matter what was played.

But they freakin' got Lost In The Flood, one of my all-time favorites - what a tour debut!

bono_212 said:
How do you feel about Gypsy Biker and Girls in Their Summer Clothes?

Those are the only two tracks that I can't make up my mind on how I feel about them.

Girls is beautiful, one of the better songs on the album.

I like Gypsy Biker, but I think they screwed up the production on that one. The vocals are too low in the mix at times, and it's a major distraction.

However, it absolutely kills live.

I'm with Martha on this one, Gypsy Biker is one of my favorites (probably 3rd after Last to Die and Radio Nowhere), and Girls in Their Summer Clothes, well its just kind of meh...a bit too slow tempo and bland.

I absolutely love Girls In Their Summer Clothes - but I'm a sucker for that well-done Beach Boys kind of feel/sound.

I had a dream last night that I was at the Bruce concert, but it was in a small theater, and it was barely a quarter full. And like other concert dreams I have, I'm never wearing my contacts in them, so everything is blurry. :lol:

Six days! :hyper:

I feel the same way generally, Gypsy Biker's good, Girls in Their Summer Clothes is meh. I was asking mainly because the Bruce site I've been skimming seems to be full of haters on both those songs

And I agree Phanan they got Lost in the Flood they need to ctfd XD.

Still three more weeks over here :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom