Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Can anyone tell me how that works? Do I just show up and cross my fingers?

Pretty much.

I wouldn't recommend killing yourself trying to get to the venue early for a wristband. It's not going to matter if you're number 22 or number 222 - whatever they draw at 6pm is what they draw. The way it goes is, you show up between 2-5 pm, get your numbered wristband then told to return at 5 for the lineup and lottery draw. Then, once the number is drawn, from that number back up to 500 (at least in Detroit, not sure about other venues but I've heard it varies) are the lucky ones who get in the pit.

Cool. If you don't get into the pit, your best bet is to hang around and get as close to the front as possible, yeah?

I'm short. I need to be close to see. :wink:

Thanks!

corianderstem said:
Cool. If you don't get into the pit, your best bet is to hang around and get as close to the front as possible, yeah?

I'm short. I need to be close to see. :wink:

Thanks!

:yes: Definitely. And, at least in St. Paul, after the 500 pit winners went in, everyone was lined up according to what number they had, lowest got the closest spots in regular GA. I'm not sure if that's how it worked at all the venues though.

I get where you're coming from on the short front...I'm 5"2', so yeah, I need to be near the front too, or at least somewhere where I can get a good angle at the stage.

Hewson and I were on the rail outside of the pit in Boston, and a guy with his girlfriend were right behind us. She wasn't very tall, either, but it worked out that she was able to see the stage right between us. Even though I'm not too tall myself, 5'10" can still get in the way.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You know what? I really want cori to get into the pit so maybe I should just go with her to the show. To make sure she's got the whole wristband and GA procedures down and all.

:shifty:

:lol: I like your logical conclusion...

You know what? I really want cori to get into the pit so maybe I should just go with her to the show. To make sure she's got the whole wristband and GA procedures down and all.

You should. I mean, Seattle's not that far away, right? It's probably okay that I only bought one ticket ... we'll beat up some sixth grader and take his on the way to Key Arena.

But yes. Clearly, I need guidance. Hold my hand, LMPA! Lead me!

phanan said:
Yeah, just noticed that. Kind of surprised that they are already being announced, being that it's so far away still.

Gillette Stadium shouldn't be far behind...

:hi5:

probably because there's gonna be a bunch more added on after.

they did 10 shows at giants stadium plus 3 shows at shea last time around... one would think they'd do more than 3 shows this time around.

phanan said:
Yeah, just noticed that. Kind of surprised that they are already being announced, being that it's so far away still.
Promoters love getting the money in hand six months or more ahead of a show.

:hi5: yeah I got a last minute ticket outside the stadium in Cologne! It was a fair price...and what can I say? - it was worth every penny!!! Bruce & band have been in a phenomenal mood
:rockon:

It's been confirmed...

Springsteen will play in San Sebastian (Spain) on July 15th at Anoeta Stadium (the same where I saw U2 in last Vertigo Tour :wink: )

I'll try to get tickets.... I live only 100 km far from there....

achtung_girl said:
:hi5: yeah I got a last minute ticket outside the stadium in Cologne! It was a fair price...and what can I say? - it was worth every penny!!! Bruce & band have been in a phenomenal mood
:rockon:

Wow, congrats!!! I'm glad you decided to go AND got a ticket.

I just returned from the airport, had my flight back from Cologne to Vienna today. Thursday's Springsteen concert was soooo great, I really have no words. What an atmosphere! I cannot believe how great the man is, seriously. Some people complained because he played so much stuff from Magic and "not enough" old stuff, but I felt this was brilliant. What a show.

last unicorn said:

I just returned from the airport, had my flight back from Cologne to Vienna today. Thursday's Springsteen concert was soooo great, I really have no words. What an atmosphere! I cannot believe how great the man is, seriously. Some people complained because he played so much stuff from Magic and "not enough" old stuff, but I felt this was brilliant. What a show.

-> complaining about too much stuff from Magic :mad: :madwife:
and I can't say how glad I'm that I went there...and I have to say I had so much luck getting a fair ticket...
I'm trying to persuade my friend to go with me to düsseldorf next summer...:pray:

Nebraska :love:

One of these days I'll pick up the first two albums. :badfan:

E Street Shuffle is essential, in my opinion. His first masterpiece.

The first album is a bit uneven, though. Although it wins points just for Lost In The Flood. :drool:

last unicorn said:

Awesome. The setlists for the European shows looks fantastic, with Santa Claus having been added to the encores, and a few other gems popping up. I noticed he debuted Because The Night this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom