Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevation2u said:
and for anyone interested I am 99.9% sure
that Springsteen will be on the cover of the upcoming Rolling Stone based on this clue alone:

16892046-16892049-slarge.jpg

Add the second clue and it looks like a no-brainer. I mean, who else's hair is all over the place like his is now? :lol:

16892038-16892042-slarge.jpg

Springsteen-Arcade Fire Collaboration Sparked by Spin Interview

Find out how the Boss met Win Butler and set the wheels in motion for their onstage jam last night in Ottawa.

Last night's surprise appearance by Arcade Fire's Win Butler and Regine Chassagne onstage during the Bruce Springsteen concert in Ottawa -- jamming on the Boss' own "State Trooper" and Arcade Fire's "Keep the Car Running" -- was no surprise to Spin. Springsteen and Butler hooked up last week in New Jersey at a shoot for the December cover, and they sat down for a joint interview with deputy editor Steve Kandell.

"Bruce invited them to play in Jersey, but Win and Regine had to get back to Montreal," says Kandell. "They were hoping Ottawa would work out, and it clearly did."

The December issue of Spin hits newsstands Nov. 27.

I interrupt this chocolate pudding and CD listening to tell you that Magic is the best rock album in the last 10 years...easily. :rockon:

We now return to regularly scheduled posting...

elevation2u said:
and for anyone interested I am 99.9% sure
that Springsteen will be on the cover of the upcoming Rolling Stone based on this clue alone

Well, it's about frickin' time they had someone decent on the cover again.

I mean Zac Efron? Maroon 5? KID FREAKING ROCK? Led Zeppelin? Guns n Roses? Excuse me, Jann Freaking Wenner, but this is year 2007. Not 1973. Not 1987. And Kid Rock is NEVER cool. Or hot.

funny thing is a long time ago they had a super duper promotion for RS and i got a subscription and it never seems to end, and I 98% of the time I always complain about the cover ...but truth is whenever this thing ends I will miss waiting for a magazine every 2 weeks

random ramble:

Magic just feels and sounds right, it seems like an album that shouldn't work but it just does. I'm not one of those truly hardcore fans that think an artist can do no wrong on an album, and while yes I did love the semi-unpopular-among-his-fans albums Devils and Dust and the Seeger Sessions, Ghost of Tom Joad . However.. I can't say I'm a fan (aside from a couple of songs of eachalbum) of The River (blasphemy, i know), Born in the USA, or HT/LT.

I don't know what it is exactly about Magic that I can't stop listening to it and thoroughly enjoying more each time. My first reaction to it was very 'meh', the production, the mixing, his voice all seemed kinda off. Then, suddenly, by the third listen or so it all just fell together into place, I no longer heard the odd vocal mixing but heard the songs for what they were: the lyrics, the instruments complimenting one another and the tone and mood of the album felt coherent.
There were no beautiful, upligitng, soulful songs such as You're Missing, My City of Ruins, Empty Sky or Into The but there weren't any bland fillers either as The Rising had.

Bottom line is that I couldn't be happier or proud to call myself a Springsteen fan( even if nobody around here that I know likes him :angry: or makes fun of me for liking "old people" music). The man has been abundant in his creativity in the last couple years and I'm frankly very thankful for that. (I mean...since this is a U2 board, I'll use them as an example.. since 2000 ..U2 has released...what 2 albums? ..while Bruce has released 4 albums which are quite eclectic and unique from one another).

Last edited:
He can sing when he chooses to, I'll give him that, but as for the rest all it does is make me shudder. And not in a good way.

I think it's because I've been overexposed, living in Detroit and all. :killsdetroitintheface:

Now that we've successfully derailed this thread :wink:, any luck on drops yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom