Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
I really hope he ends up coming to the Northwest. I'll take Portland, Seattle or Vancouver. He's got to play at least one of those, right?

Then I also hope I'm able to get a ticket - any ticket, really. I MUST SEE BRUCE.

I hope he ends up in the "boring west" as well, namely SLC.

I've been listening to the new album a lot the last few days, and I've decided that I really like the songs, 'Girls in their Summer Clothes' and 'Magic'.

martha said:

He has a flaw?

he thinks Bruce is too "wordy" and sometimes "sounds constipated" when he sings.

i kind of can't argue with that.

yet, i'm hoping this will win him over. he does prefer U2 to Bruce, though REM to all three, so that's enough for me. i did take him to Vertigo DC1 and we were way up in the nosebleeds and he enjoyed it, and he wasn't scared off either, which was good -- we'd been dating only 2 months, and the fact that i started jumping up and down and did my COBL shed-a-tear-of-joy routine and he still didn't dump me the next day made me know that he was a keeper.

in fact, we're making "our" Christmas Card list right now. :ohmy:

My only issue with Bruce as a singer is that he's sounded too southern on his past couple albums. I like the "Livin' in the Future" classic Bruce vocals as opposed to the "Radio Nowhere" overly-pronounced folksy-ish vocals he's had lately (especially on "The Rising" album).

Irvine511 said:

we'd been dating only 2 months, and the fact that i started jumping up and down and did my COBL shed-a-tear-of-joy routine and he still didn't dump me the next day made me know that he was a keeper.

in fact, we're making "our" Christmas Card list right now. :ohmy:

:cute:

Anyone who'd stick with me after seeing me nerd out to U2 would definitely be a keeper. :hi5:

Have fun!

phillyfan26 said:
My only issue with Bruce as a singer is that he's sounded too southern on his past couple albums. I like the "Livin' in the Future" classic Bruce vocals as opposed to the "Radio Nowhere" overly-pronounced folksy-ish vocals he's had lately (especially on "The Rising" album).

Come on up FER the risin'!

When that album came out and Bruce was on one of the late-night talk shows, my then-boyfriend remarked, "Has Bruce sold out? Is he singing 'Come on up for Verizon????'"

:lol:

phillyfan26 said:

I agree. Just cuz U made an album called Nebraska doesn't mean U have 2 sing like U're from there. U're from JERSEY!

singing wise I prefer Bruce's voice on the Seeger sessions album as far as his recent albums go, I may be alone in this...I don't know.. but it's got that rough, honest, not-over-polished-nor-produced sound,
then again I'm also a big fan of Tom Waits
:reject:

:hyper: we got "growin' up" :hyper:

for me the highlight was, perhaps not so weirdly, "no surrender." all i could think about was being 7 or 8 yeas old and listening to that song on some kind of Fisher Price tape recorder and thinking it was so thrilling, so amazing, so powerful, and not realizing the incredible message attached -- "we learned more from a three minute record, baby, than we ever learned in school."

wow. just, you know, wow.

other highlights were the war horses which are still amazing -- "promised land" "badlands" and the thrill of "dancing in the dark" -- and the songs on the new album that are great live -- "long walk home" and the gorgeous "girls in their summer clothes."

complaints are few and far between. i don't think i ever want to be behind the stage again, though it wasn't that bad, and it was a bit short for a Bruce show, clocking in at 2:15, maybe.

great concert. i'm thinking about lurking around the Verizon Center tomorrow evening to see if maybe, just maybe, someone has an extra GA ticket pour moi.

Irvine511 said:

Memphis and i will be there!

we're going to grab drinks at the Irish Channel and then have some quick Chinese at my favorite hole-in-the-wall on 6th Street just around from the Verizon Center with some friends of ours coming down from Philly for the show.

:wave:

(Memphis is not a big Bruce fan, but he's game -- here's hoping it goes well)

:mad: :sad: :madspit:

I was at the Channel from about 4:30-6:30. WHY DIDN'T I CHECK THE BLUE CRACK? I had no idea you were there.

Amazing show!
*Bruce's voice is really sounding great. Amazing growls and falsettos
*I NEVER thought I'd hear Growing Up live! Wow!
*She's the One will never ever disappoint
*loved the printing of the American Land lyrics as well--especially since they were so apropos
*giggled madly at the Batman style "E ST BAND!" graphics as Bruce was doing his "history making booty shaking earthquaking" bit. Very fun. l
*loved Bruce referring to DC as "the City of Magic" LOL. He's not kidding.
*speaking of, Magic is by far my favorite song on the new one and it sounded great! It's so sly and soft and angry.....
*was braced a bit for some boos when he did his brief PSA on rendition/civil liberties etc but all I hear was cheers.

Sherry Darling said:

:mad: :sad: :madspit:

I was at the Channel from about 4:30-6:30. WHY DIDN'T I CHECK THE BLUE CRACK? I had no idea you were there.

we were over in the corner to the left of the bar with some very drunk friends in Redskins jerseys.

i was weirdly on the lookout for you, not that i really know what you look like, though i think i saw a picture once. we left the Channel around 6:40 to go grab a very quick bite for dinner.

i've been singing "badlands" to myself all day.

oh, and the other thrill, i thought, was "tunnel of love." never thought i'd hear that one live (though it might be my favorite bruce album).

i wish i were going tonight, but i can't justify the ticket price a GA would be particularly now that my medical bills have started to come fast and furious, and the fact that he's touring next year (right? right?) and there's a potential U2 tour coming up soon to consider.

Glad you all had a great time. I still can't get enough of Badlands 2 weeks later!!!

Got this in an email today:

Enter for a chance to win a trip to London to catch the final night of Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band's 2007 tour at the O2 Arena on December 19th, plus an Autographed copy of Bruce's new CD "Magic" and a Stiletto 100 so you can listen to SIRIUS
and E Street Radio virtually everywhere!

www.sirius.com/estreetradio

Run dates: 11/5 - 11/26

Good luck (I'm not entering - don't have a passport for one).

phillyfan26 said:

meh... he's always done that. bruce has many layers. like ogers. and onions. and parfays.

Who doesn't love a parfait! They're delicious :)

KLOS apparently just announced:

Mon, 04/07/08 07:30 PM Honda Center
Anaheim, CA
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
on sale: Sat, 11/17/07 10:00 AM

Good news for you martha!

Why is everything in the south bay? Why? :sad:

If martha sees this SOON, KLOS is giving away a pair of tix within the next half hour I believe (1 800 955-KLOS). Also, there is a "rumored" second date.

According to backstreets...

DATE CITY VENUE ON SALE STATUS
3/7/08 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena 11/19/07 Confirmed
3/16/08 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center 11/10/07 Confirmed
3/17/08 Milwaukee, WI Rumor
3/26/08 Dallas, TX Rumor
3/27/08 Dallas, TX Rumor

4/7/08 Anaheim, CA Honda Center 11/17/07 Confirmed
4/8/08 Anaheim, CA Honda Center Rumor

4/25/08 Atlanta, GA Phillips Arena 11/17/07 Confirmed

Okay, getting closer to my neck of the woods. Not good enough yet but getting closer... :waiting:

I'm the lamest fan on this board because it's taken me so long to buy and then listen to Magic but I'm here today to share with all of you my belated love of Magic. :love: On the first couple of listens I was like eh but then on a long drive (leave it to the long drives) it kind of kicked in and I was like :ohmy: and I wonder is everyone's favorite song Last to Die or maybe Gypsy Biker (martha?) or what? I know you're all way past talking about favorite songs and all but um...I'm way late to the party. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom