Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:

I woulda gone with you. Hell, I woulda drove!

( I keep forgetting how you some of you are. :shifty: )

damn!
oh well...ill be in philly next bruce springsteen show and thats a promise!
yup, im one of the awesome young U2 fans!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
At least I don't know his rambles by heart, so I guess I can't complain too much.

oh don't get me wrong... i don't mind bruce's ramblings nearly as much as bono's for that very reason... they're different (mostly) every night.

bruce has some great stories that he told... what's the one about his dad and vietnam :scratch: i think it was before the river but i'll have to go back and look it up. great stuff.

What does he win? :hmm:

Last night I was looking through a stack of cds and stumbled across a bunch of old Bruce boots that I haven't listened to in a couple of years. Might have to upload them to the laptop :drool:

As for ramblings, if someone were to come up to me and ask me what B says before One or Sunday Bloody Sunday, etc all I'd have to do is go "which tour?" before spouting it off. Can't say the same for Bruce.

MrsSpringsteen said:
What does he say?

He says that our civil rights are being taken away from us, through illegal wire tapping and something else. Some of the crowd cheered, and some booed. Then he said they were gonna start the song and everyone cheered partially in excitement and partially in relief.

Whatever, it doesn't bother me. Yes sometimes I just want to hear music but I tend to agree with him politically anyway. I can tune it out though just like I can tune out many things and some people :shrug:

My Dad, a longtime Springsteen fan, turns 60 in November and my mom and I are looking for a pair of tickets to the November 11 (Sunday night) show in D.C., preferably lower-bowl, center. We're prepared to pay more than face value, but can't go as high as is being sought on stubhub and the ticket broker sites. :(

I'm sure this is a long shot, but if anyone might have any extras that they'd be willing to sell, please PM me.
Thanks!

LyricalDrug said:
My Dad, a longtime Springsteen fan, turns 60 in November and my mom and I are looking for a pair of tickets to the November 11 (Sunday night) show in D.C., preferably lower-bowl, center. We're prepared to pay more than face value, but can't go as high as is being sought on stubhub and the ticket broker sites. :(

I'm sure this is a long shot, but if anyone might have any extras that they'd be willing to sell, please PM me.
Thanks!

Lyricaldrug..

don't pay above face value.. go to backstreets.com and search there. There are hundreds and hundreds of posts there that get posted daily. I have been constantly checking daily since I got shut out of the general sale for DC (big surprise...doh). Springsteen fans sell there for face (they have to because that is the rule there) and trade as well. Trust me on this.. I just got a pm from someone who was going to trade their GA tickets for the 11/11 at DC. They had 4 GAs for the 12th. Turns out they can't get an even trade so they are going to sell me their 2 GAs at face value.. I am so jazzed!

go here: http://www.backstreets.com/btx/index.php

Nice setlist tonight:

1. Radio Nowhere
2. Night
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Magic
6. Reason to Believe Blues
7. Adam Raised a Cain
8. She's the One
9. Living in the Future
10. CYNTHIA (Magic Tour Premier)
11. The Promised Land
12. A Town Called Heartbreak
13. Incident On 57th Street
14. Your Own Worst Enemy -- World Premier
15. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch) (Magic Tour Premier)
16. Devils Arcade
17. The Rising
18. Last to Die
19. Long Walk Home
20. Badlands

21. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
22. Thundercrack
23. Born to Run
24. Dancing in The Dark
25. American Land

25 songs !! :up: Glad to see Your Own Worst Enemy making the show! and Incident again! :drool:

Have there been any tabs released of songs other than Radio Nowhere and Magic? I haven't seen any, though I've figured out by ear the chords for Gypsy Biker and the strings riff on Devil's Arcade.

I really really like the new album, Magic, my favourite one right now is the title track. But I must say that I still like the Rising more, it connects with me on a deeper level, though I still feel it's too long for an album. But I'm really enjoying Magic, just feel I still have to give it a more careful listen. I'm looking forward to Bruce coming to Europe in December.

onebloodonelife said:

Definitely! And, I never would have known about it if I hadn't read about it here. :)

yep... same for me.. :ohmy:

can't wait now for the show! :hyper:

only thing I haven't a clue about is the GA procedure. I know it's different, that they hand out wristbands from 2-5pm and then a lottery to pick a number.. I'm kinda scared... :yikes:
Do I need to get there at the crack of dawn that day or just mid morning?

Anyone have more insight on how this is gonna work??

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yep... same for me.. :ohmy:

can't wait now for the show! :hyper:

only thing I haven't a clue about is the GA procedure. I know it's different, that they hand out wristbands from 2-5pm and then a lottery to pick a number.. I'm kinda scared... :yikes:
Do I need to get there at the crack of dawn that day or just mid morning?

Anyone have more insight on how this is gonna work??

You should take a look at this thread for a little more insight. It's really funny to see this obsession is not reserved for U2 fan.

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=41179&sid=08c6488b77a2a4ce3ce0ef9d061736e5

ramblin rose said:

You should take a look at this thread for a little more insight. It's really funny to see this obsession is not reserved for U2 fan.

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=41179&sid=08c6488b77a2a4ce3ce0ef9d061736e5

thanks rose..:wink:

I scoped out that thread as much as I could.. So I have an idea. Seems it kinda depends on the venue too as to how they are gonna run it. As we all know venue staff doesn't know shite until like minutes before. So asking them or calling the venue will be a waste of time I think.. Damn those Vertigo shows, left a bad taste in my mouth.. as with my experiences.....:(

phillyfan26 said:
Have there been any tabs released of songs other than Radio Nowhere and Magic? I haven't seen any, though I've figured out by ear the chords for Gypsy Biker and the strings riff on Devil's Arcade.

yeah i only saw radio nowhere but try ultimate-guitar.com if you havent all ready. greaaat website thats where i get all of my tabs :)

but they might have the others just because its a new album

Ok. I can't read 32 pages (my page numbers are always different from everyone else's for some reason). I'm burned out from the Radiohead thread and can only indulge one obsession at a time. Plus I've been busy with work. I'm such a loser I only just tonight realized that Magic is out (as in, when I saw it in Borders) and I haven't bought it yet and I don't know anything about it. So, just tell me will I love it? Does everyone love it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom