Springsteen, Part II - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #316
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Looks like Shorefire has already posted today's press releases but no Bruce news But at least TM now has "dates scheduled nationally" now instead of "no ticketmaster dates scheduled"

Faith Will be Rewarded!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #317
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:43 PM
I have a connection for Philadelphia concert tickets, so I'm hoping to score some hypothetical E Street Band tour at the Linc next summer.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightsong
But at least TM now has "dates scheduled nationally" now instead of "no ticketmaster dates scheduled"

Faith Will be Rewarded!
It would be nice if they would tell us what those scheduled dates really are ... and put the tickets on sale!

for faith to be rewarded ....
Old 08-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

I keep checking Shore Fire, which handles the press releases.

Still nothing.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #320
She's the One

Local Time: 09:43 AM
Bastards.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

The new rumor is some info. will come out tomorrow.

We'll see...
Old 08-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Here we go!

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 16, 2007 Printable Version

Bruce Springsteen's 'Magic' Set for October 2 Release on Columbia Records

'Magic,' Bruce Springsteen's new studio recording and his first with the E Street Band in five years, is set for release by Columbia Records on October 2, 2007. Produced and mixed by Brendan O'Brien, the album features eleven new Springsteen songs and was recorded at Southern Tracks Recording Studio in Atlanta, GA.

'Magic' Song Titles:

1. Radio Nowhere
2. You'll Be Comin' Down
3. Livin' in the Future
4. Your Own Worst Enemy
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
7. I'll Work for Your Love
8. Magic
9. Last to Die
10. Long Walk Home
11. Devil's Arcade

'Magic' is the first new studio album by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band since 2002's GRAMMY Award-winning, multi-platinum, number one album 'The Rising' (Columbia Records), which was also produced by O'Brien.

Bruce Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau said, "'Magic' is a high energy rock CD. It's light on its feet, incredibly well played by Bruce and the members of the E Street Band, and, as always, has plenty to say. It's also immensely entertaining. 'Magic' is the third collaboration between Bruce and Brendan O'Brien and is a culmination of their very productive creative relationship."

So, Magic. Not exactly the kind of album title I would associate with Bruce. It makes me think of that old Olivia Newton-John song, or that corny song from the 70's by some one hit wonder that escapes me at the moment.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Here's Backstreets take:

Quote:
NEW ALBUM: MAGIC

Springsteen back with E Street Band for Oct. 2 release
It's official. Springsteen's first album with the E Street Band since 2002's The Rising drops in less than seven weeks, and it's called Magic. In case that title makes you, like us, think of Doug Henning... check the Mark Seliger photo at right for a first peek at Bruce's 2007 look (click on it for a larger version). No rainbows or unicorns to be found. (And that guitar... that's magic.)

According to manager Jon Landau, quoted in today's press release from Shore Fire Media, this one's a rocker: "Magic is a high energy rock CD. It's light on its feet, incredibly well played by Bruce and the members of the E Street Band, and, as always, has plenty to say. It's also immensely entertaining. Magic is the third collaboration between Bruce and Brendan O'Brien and is a culmination of their very productive creative relationship."

O'Brien produced and mixed the album at his home base in Atlanta, Southern Tracks Recording Studio.

Ready for 11 new Springsteen song titles?

1. Radio Nowhere
2. You'll Be Comin' Down
3. Livin' in the Future
4. Your Own Worst Enemy
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
7. I'll Work for Your Love
8. Magic
9. Last to Die
10. Long Walk Home
11. Devil's Arcade

Of these, only "Long Walk Home" has been heard before; Springsteen debuted the song with the Sessions Band and played it live exactly once, in London on November 11, 2006 (reportedly the day after he wrote it).

Today's press release makes no mention of a tour, but we do expect a full-scale E Street Band tour to coincide with the album's release. Watch this space in the coming weeks -- and/or sign up for our mailing list below -- for details as soon as a tour is announced.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #324
Blue Crack Distributor

Was it the Lovin' Spoonful (and wasn't it the 60's).

Not sure if I'm loving the title, either. Guess we'll let the music speak for itself.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

And as for the photo they refer to:

Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Don't know about anyone else, but he looks like he's ready to do some serious rocking right there.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #327
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
And as for the photo they refer to:

*beats elevation and martha to it*

Come on Bruce, rock me.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #328
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Where are the tour dates I NEED a Bruce show to look forward to......
Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

From Rolling Stone:

Quote:
On October 2nd Bruce Springsteen will release Magic, his first album with the E Street Band since 2002’s The Rising. “We’ve been together since 1974 and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him more excited than he is right now about this record,” says Jon Landau, Springsteen’s manager.

The album was cut over two months at Southern Tracks studios in Atlanta with producer Brendan O’Brien, who previously worked with Springsteen on 2005’s Devils & Dust and The Rising.

The E Street Band mostly flew down on weekends to record, while Springsteen and O’Brien spent weekdays cutting vocals and recording overdubs. “This album is E Street Band heavy,” Landau says. “Clarence [Clemons] has some great moments on it. You could say that it’s as little more sonically guitar-driven than any past Bruce album. There are a few sort of pop, romantic touches that haven’t shown up recently, but were very prominent on the very early records.”

The lead single will be “Radio Nowhere,” a track Landau says “has a real anthemic quality to it. If it doesn’t get you out of your seat, I don’t know what will.” Landau is particularly excited about “The Long Walk Home,” which was performed live (click here to listen to an audience recording) on one occasion on the Seeger Sessions tour late last year. “It’s sort of the summational song of the album,” Landau says. “I think it’s one of Bruce’s great masterpieces.” Another track, “Girls in Their Summer Clothes,” Landau says has a “little bit of a Pet Sounds-type feeling mixed in with the sound of the E Street Band.” The final track, “Devil’s Arcade,” is described as one of the only songs on the album that delves into politics. “He gets some images across that are very powerful and will certainly give you a feeling of where he’s coming from, but on balance [politics] is not the primary intention of this record.”

A world tour with the E Street Band is reportedly going to kick off in early October, but Landau remains tight-lipped on the details. “As we speak, the tour has not been fully decided,” he says. Springsteen is also planning to promote the album on television, including late-night talk shows.

“What do you think about us doing American Idol?” Landau asks. “Come on, I’m kidding!”
Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

Here's Long Walk Home, performed last year. It's the only song on this album to be previously played:

http://www.skipjack.co.uk/2006/18-GonnaBeALongWalkHome

I'm just a post whore now...

Tags
bruce springsteen