Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Girl416 said:
secured tickets for both Chicago shows but it was a big pain in the butt. slow connection, ticketmaster site searching and then telling me I didn't have cookies enabled or telling me I tried accessing the site too many times :angry: ugh, but I have tix :up:

Work comp or home comp? :uhoh:

Congrats on the tix!

I still haven't had time to download or listen.

I downloaded the leaked version but it remains to be seen whether or not I will listen to it, or hold out for release day.

On a whim, I tried to get tickets for the second night in Philly. It was of course sold out, but I figured it was worth a shot. I was coming over here to post that I'd found the leak, but I see it's already old news. I'm always behind the times :tsk:

Thanks for telling me how to find and fix that leak. :wink:

Yes, I opened it last night. I now feel like I opened my Christmas presents a month early. :)

Radio Nowhere is still my favorite song. (what can I say; it rocks!) But the rest of the album is growing on me.

originally posted by u2girl416secured tickets for both Chicago shows but it was a big pain in the butt. slow connection, ticketmaster site searching and then telling me I didn't have cookies enabled or telling me I tried accessing the site too many times ugh, but I have tix

Cool you got ticks. I looked at Chicago tickets on Ticketmaster yesterday out of curiosity (decided not to buy any, though). I also got the no-cookies thing and thought it was just my old laptop doing a number on me again ...

originally posted by headache in a suitcase
we had a fire drill right when tickets were going on sale

Oh man. :( That better NOT happen to me on the 21st. And you have no idea how often our office's fire alarms go off ....

my friend just forwarded me a link
apparently a local station down here in san diego
is making a petition for bruce & the e street band
to play since they havent been here like in 20 some odd years
in my wildest dreams
:drool:

jobob said:
Cool you got ticks. I looked at Chicago tickets on Ticketmaster yesterday out of curiosity (decided not to buy any, though). I also got the no-cookies thing and thought it was just my old laptop doing a number on me again ...

no it's not you or your laptop! what was even more frustrating was that you'd put in the jumbled word thing to get to the search and it was in the middle of searching when it would give me the no cookies thing. I shouldn't complain at all because I was looking for 3 tickets for each show and not just 2 or even 1. but I still hate dealing with TM, esp for the shows I REALLY want to go to. :scream:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
fittingly enough, your own worst enemy, the song i think is the album's worst, has been stuck in my head since yesterday afternoon

I've listened to this album several times now, and Your Own Worst Enemy isn't that bad - the problem is the ending. It really should have a solo of some sort to give it a nice fade out instead of ending rather abruptly. It feels like the song is unfinished.

phanan said:
It really should have a solo of some sort to give it a nice fade out instead of ending rather abruptly.
some songs on that album seem to me like could have gone longer at the end, for some reason they seem to have edited them.... I think they suffer from that.

That said, I can't stop listening to Living In The Future and You'll Be Coming Down! They're too fun and classic Bruce!

The first three songs kick off the album very well, with the Big Man featured prominently in all three. They really sound great.

It gets a bit muddled through the next four songs. I've already mentioned Your Own Worst Enemy, but Gypsy Biker, while I like it for the most part, has the vocals low in the mix and difficult to hear at times, and I'll Work For Your Love is pretty basic fare - would've been an excellent B-side instead. I do really like Girls In Their Summer Clothes from this group, however.

Everything from Magic to Terry's Song is incredible.

The sax solo in Radio Nowhere is reminding me of the sax solo in Baker Street.

Just thought I throw that out there since I don't have the album yet and the bastards (whoever they may be) haven't even announced a venue for LA yet.

funny... they are playing verizon center in dc on 11/11 and ticketbastard doesn't have the date up yet and tickets go on sale friday, 9/21 (presale maybe I am not sure).:mad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
funny... they are playing verizon center in dc on 11/11 and ticketbastard doesn't have the date up yet and tickets go on sale friday, 9/21 (presale maybe I am not sure).:mad:
Ticketmaster doen't usually post a show till 1 or 2 days before tix go onsale, so I'd expect it up there mid week.

Boston, which goes on sale Saturday is not listed yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom