Springsteen, Part II - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:19 AM
While there are a couple of songs on there that are good (the Cowboy Junkies version of State Trooper is cool), that CD is better off dead.

I haven't seen it in years. I think it was only an import, too.

After watching those ESB clips, I'm really starting to get excited about a new tour.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #272
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Latest rumor from K2 at Greasy Lake who has a fair enough reputation for these kinds of things

"About as certain as we can get at this point: The new album has been recorded with members of the ESB already having contributed. Additional tracks are being recorded with and without the ESB. As can best be described at this point is the album is a cross between TOL and The Rising with some "rock" songs and a number of songs pared down. Having trouble describing the sound, but a lot of production is being used wth the versions already recorded. Different versions of each song are being recorded (with and without members of the ESB) and the final versions of about half the album have not been settled on. It was agreed to go ahead with announcing a new recording since it is fully anticipated the final recording phases will go very quickly. The good news is a flurry of recording will be ongoing over the next few weeks with August to be the month of final production, etc. Although a given, the album will have a least 10 songs with a goal of about 13 being projected.

What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB. Rehearsals for the tour are once again scheduled for AP around Labor Day. Look for the tour to kick off on or about 10/02/2007 in New York with a quick swing around the country until the end of November. All of the major cities, to include LA, DC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, etc. will be covered. The month of December will include a quick tour of Europe, about 10 shows or so. January and part of February look to be time off with a full world tour to begin in full effect during the Spring of 2008 (Feb/March) with outdoor arena shows scheduled for the summer of 2008. The U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia, will all be on the schedule. Bottom line is that we are now entering the final stages in preparation for the final ESB world tour. Stay tuned."

Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

It speaks even more volumes when a major news outlet is reporting that the new album and tour are coming.

Yes, I know it's Fox News, but still...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288899,00.html
Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 AM   #274
Blue Crack Distributor

I'll raise holy hell if there's not a stop in Detroit.

Or I'll just travel to the closest city.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
I want an E Street Band tour. I shall only see Bruce as the lord intended it to be so.
Am I the only Springsteen fan who actually *enjoyed* the SSB tour? Neverless, I too must see the ESB tour again, as that is indeed how the Lord truly intended us to see Bruce.

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I'll raise holy hell if there's not a stop in Detroit.

Or I'll just travel to the closest city.
Either way, I'll join you.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #276
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jobob

Am I the only Springsteen fan who actually *enjoyed* the SSB tour? Neverless, I too must see the ESB tour again, as that is indeed how the Lord truly intended us to see Bruce.
No, definitely not. I've stated on several occasions how excellent the SSB tour was, and I think he'll do it again.

But of course, an ESB tour is the ultimate.

One thing I didn't like reading in that rumor Nightsong posted was that it would be the final ESB tour. I know they can't go on forever, and Clarence is up there, but it still makes me sad if it ends up being true.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #277
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightsong

What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB.
Yeah this really blows, but they are all getting up there. And I don't feel like holding my breath if Bruce goes to jump on top of the piano at oh, say 65.

And fyi, I liked the SSB tour. I had third row seats and it was amazing.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #278
Blue Crack Addict

Another thing to look forward to while they are touring next year is the 30th anniversary of Darkness On The Edge Of Town. Now, if they release a box set like they did for Born To Run, they'll hopefully release a full show from that tour, which I think is the best ESB tour ever.

My favorite bootleg from the Darkness tour is Piece de Resistance - it is mindblowing. Well, someone started posting video from that show on youtube recently, and the sound quality is excellent. If you've never heard this stuff, give it a listen. Start with Prove It All Night - the best version of this song ever!

Prove It All Night

Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #279
Blue Crack Supplier

I will go to an E Street Band tour show. For sure. His concerts in Philly are some of the greatest. I saw him at the Linc in 2003. Awesome.

If no ESB, I don't know about going.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

I'd say definitely go to anyone, but being in Philly, you absolutely have to go. There are a few cities where he tends to play even better than others, and Philly is one of those cities.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #281
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jobob

I loved the SSB tour-caught 3 shows! First time at Jazzfest and it was just amazing to watch a crowd of mostly non-Springsteen fans become Springsteen fans Haven't seen Bruce have so much fun on stage since the River Tour.

But can't wait to see ESB again!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Today at boston.com:

Quote:
Could we get another couple of nights of Bruce Springsteen at the TD Banknorth Garden this fall? The Boss's reps couldn't be reached, but the buzz is that Bruce and the E Street Band are in discussions to play the Garden for a couple of nights in mid-November. Springsteen & Co. have had success with the Garden. In 2002, the gang played five sold-out nights over nearly two weeks.
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/liv...t_on_sunshine/

Old 07-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightsong
The month of December will include a quick tour of Europe, about 10 shows or so.
Hellooo nice-little-christmas-present-for-myself...

Old 08-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #284
She's the One

Local Time: 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Or I'll just travel to the closest city. [/B]
I have a spare bed...
Old 08-04-2007, 01:58 AM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

Is it October yet?

Tags