Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got around to downloading Radio Nowhere from iTunes.

It was nice to hear Bruce in full rocker mode again. I was a little disappointed in the sound mix. Don't get me wrong, I love loud guitars, but it seemed to overpower the vocal.

I kind of hope the rest of the album has a few songs with a bit more depth. I loved The Rising because it had a great mix of both fun rockers and more introspective stuff.

The Rising's best songs were Into the Fire, Empty Sky, The Rising, and My City of Ruins. I liked most of it, but those were my four favorite.

Even though it came out in the summer of 2002, I couldn't bring myself to listen to The Rising until after the 9/11 anniversary. I was teaching a night class that fall, and I used to play it on the way home, sometimes weeping because of what the songs meant. I think "Into the Fire" is one of the most heroic rock songs ever written, and "My City of Ruins" applies not only to New York but New Orleans.

My favorites from The Rising are the title track (which I didn't even like much when it first came out as the first single, but which I now think is one of Bruce's most inspiring songs ever), Worlds Apart, My City of Ruins and Lonesome Day.

phanan said:
Oh, don't worry. There will be a more extensive second leg in 2008. This is exactly how The Rising tour started, with a few select cities, before going to Europe. When he came back for the second leg, he went to many other places, including Seattle. He'll definitely be there.

As for the first leg, Chicago and Boston look to be obvious locations where a second show will be added.

I hope so :sigh:.

Bruce, don't hate us just because we're a red state :sad:.

Yep, I think there's even a date for Stade De France in Paris, sometime in june.

I would like a date at the olympic stadium in Berlin. It's not too far from Sweden and I absolutely love the city.

I hope he comes down Under...I was too young/unemployed the last time he came for the Rising Tour...I'm very much looking forward to seeing him live!!

Has anyone else ventured a listen to Patti Scialfa's new album?

I usually don't really care for her own stuff, but out of curiousity, I heard some of the songs on it, and to my surprise, it was actually pretty good. I've always thought her voice was a bit annoying, but it's toned down with these new songs and suits her much better.

AMG gave the album 4.5 out of 5 stars, which is impressive.

Listening to Patti's album is on my to do list -- I'm sure it'll be on Rhapsody. I saw that AMG review -- looks interesting. But first I've got to get through all these new Interference Symphonic Album playlists!

I noticed.

I've been trying to decide if I want to hear it or not. Bruce has always been the one artist that I like to wait on.

But I really want to hear this, and it's not like I won't buy it anyway. Duh. I buy everything Bruce does.

I'll listen to it now and I'll buy it later. That I'm sure. He's one of the few artists that I'll do that nowdays. Album prices here is very high. I like him that much. Now, where can I get this leaked version of Magic? Can anyone send me a link privately? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom