Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemonboy said:
It's Max Weinberg's "Fault". Conan is recording tuesday to friday. That's the reason.

Can't be his fault then since most of the dates are DURING the taping week. I'll go with the being with the family on weekends theory for the scheduling.

Pop Artist said:

Can't be his fault then since most of the dates are DURING the taping week. I'll go with the being with the family on weekends theory for the scheduling.

Well that's the information I have got from a friend and he is a diehard Bruce fan. He's been over to NY/NJ from Sweden to see Bruce a lot of times. And his sources are american.

So I have no reason to doubt him.

:hmm:

the max thing may actually be true... look at the shows that fall from tuesday through friday...

hartford
philadelphia
jersey
new york
oakland- friday
boston
st. paul- friday
pittsburgh
albany

all of the shows that fall on a tuesday through thursday are easily accesable by a short private plane ride... except for pittsburgh they're all easily reached by car or helicopter. the two shows that fall within conan's taping period that aren't a short distance away both fall on friday. these shows don't always tape fridays... i know letterman often tapes two shows on thursday. and even if they did tape on friday, max would only have to miss one taping instead of the multiple shows he'd have to miss if he had to go to oakland on, say, wednesday.

there could be some merit to the thought... then again, it could be complete bullshit.

my main issue with these dates isn't so much that they're on weekdays... more that they interfere with the baseball playoffs. i ain't missing a playoff game to go see bruce. heck, i'd skip a u2 concert if my team was in a game 7 that night.

Lemonboy said:
It's Max Weinberg's "Fault". Conan is recording tuesday to friday. That's the reason.

Back in '02, the show went on without Max for a while. Guitarist Jimmy Vivino was the bandleader and another guy was Max's replacement drummer.

It could be a legit reason, but I'm just sayin'.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the max thing may actually be true... look at the shows that fall from tuesday through friday...

hartford
philadelphia
jersey
new york
oakland- friday
boston
st. paul- friday
pittsburgh
albany

all of the shows that fall on a tuesday through thursday are easily accesable by a short private plane ride... except for pittsburgh they're all easily reached by car or helicopter. the two shows that fall within conan's taping period that aren't a short distance away both fall on friday. these shows don't always tape fridays... i know letterman often tapes two shows on thursday. and even if they did tape on friday, max would only have to miss one taping instead of the multiple shows he'd have to miss if he had to go to oakland on, say, wednesday.

there could be some merit to the thought... then again, it could be complete bullshit.

my main issue with these dates isn't so much that they're on weekdays... more that they interfere with the baseball playoffs. i ain't missing a playoff game to go see bruce. heck, i'd skip a u2 concert if my team was in a game 7 that night.

And what happens when they go to Europe?

He'll be temporary replaced by James Wormworth as in the past, unless Wormworth is unavailable. I don't see any reason why that would change.

And thankfully the Boston show, or shows, are in November, well after the Red Sox crush the Mets in the World Series. :wink:

I hope Bruce does a whole week of shows like The White Stripes did a while back.

bruce has been on conan a bunch of times... i remember at the start of last tour he was a "surprise" guest to close the show, taking max away.

then i believe it was the christmas show of that season that the entire e street band came in and did a bitchin' rendition of kitty's back, followed by a little merry christmas baby complete with conan on guitar

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok you have got to fucking be kidding me.

I'll be arriving in NYC when Detroit goes on sale. :scream::banghead::sad:

Dear, this is why God gave us the ability to store phone numbers in our cell phones. I once pulled off the two-lane across the Mojave desert an scored a decent seat to the last Bruce show I saw.

phillyfan26 said:
What was wrong with the production of The Rising? :eyebrow:

The same as with Radio Nowhere the guitars way to loud....Not saying I don't like screaming guitars but hey He has the ESB for a reason...so might as well use them.

It's not any different from the garage rock featured on The River, if you think about it. Cadillac Ranch, I'm A Rocker, Crush On You, You Can Look, etc. are really all in the same vein. Those guitars were certainly loud.

I'm sure there will be a few songs mixed in that feature more of the E Street Band.

I think The Rising was fine. There was plenty of E Street Band in the mix.

I think the production is similar to "The Rising" the song, with a guitar heavy track. Not the album as a whole.

Lemonboy said:

The same as with Radio Nowhere the guitars way to loud....Not saying I don't like screaming guitars but hey He has the ESB for a reason...so might as well use them.

I don't think the guitars are too loud. Plus for me the more Bruce guitar the better. And I don't think they were that loud on The Rising either but one thing I agree with you, they didn't used the E Street Band much, specially Clarence, on that album. The Rising doesn't sound like the E Street Band is there at all sometimes, with the exception of a few moments where it's clear Max Weinberg drumming. It feels like it's some very good and professional band Bruce put together to play with him. Still that's one of my favorite albums anyway, amazing songwritting. The fact that we hear a saxophone solo on this new single is to me a good indication that this next album might sound more like Bruce Springsteen and The E Street band. Hopefully there will be lots of Little Steve backing vocals, Roy's amazing piano and of course Max's energetic drumming (not to mention C's sax!).

TheBrazilianFly said:

I don't think the guitars are too loud. Plus for me the more Bruce guitar the better. And I don't think they were that loud on The Rising either but one thing I agree with you, they didn't used the E Street Band much, specially Clarence, on that album. The Rising doesn't sound like the E Street Band is there at all sometimes, with the exception of a few moments where it's clear Max Weinberg drumming. It feels like it's some very good and professional band Bruce put together to play with him. Still that's one of my favorite albums anyway, amazing songwritting. The fact that we hear a saxophone solo on this new single is to me a good indication that this next album might sound more like Bruce Springsteen and The E Street band. Hopefully there will be lots of Little Steve backing vocals, Roy's amazing piano and of course Max's energetic drumming (not to mention C's sax!).

Yes there is a sax solo on Radio Nowhere, however it is drenched by the guitars, and I can't hear Roy Bittan at all....again I don't mind loud guitars, but the other instruments has to stand back to much.

I'm a lot more excited this time around. The Rising Tour was fine but the material was on the heavy side and this is being described as more of a party album.

It's a fairly brief tour. The question is where else would you see this show outside of Los Angeles? Opening night is in Hartford....not exactly the most ideal place to visit on a road trip (but it is opening night).

Madison Square Garden and a trip to NYC sounds very tempting as does the last U.S. date in Boston.:drool: :hyper:

Lemonboy said:

Yes there is a sax solo on Radio Nowhere, however it is drenched by the guitars, and I can't hear Roy Bittan at all....again I don't mind loud guitars, but the other instruments has to stand back to much.

I don't think it's going to be that way throughout the entire album, and it wasn't on The Rising, either. For example, how long had it been where we got a Danny Federici organ solo before You're Missing? You have to go back to 1980.

I think the production has been fine.

TheBrazilianFly said:
True, I don't hear Roy as much as I would like to either. And I could use more Litte Steven bvs there too.

True, you don't hear Roy on this song, but Steve Van Zandt? His background vocals are quite evident on this song, and also reminds me of stuff from The River era, especially the outtakes that later appeared on Tracks.

martha said:

Dear, this is why God gave us the ability to store phone numbers in our cell phones. I once pulled off the two-lane across the Mojave desert an scored a decent seat to the last Bruce show I saw.

Martha, you're a genius (this also is reminding me that once upon a time I did used to call TM for tix :wink: ). I can (hopefully, depending if my flight is on time, etc.) easily call TM while en route to my hotel. :hmm:

U2Girl416 said:

if you need help April, I'll go to bat for ya on that day. Chicago goes on sale a few weeks prior, so I'll be free :yes:

:love:

You seriously rock! I think I'll be ok with the phone, but can I take you up on that offer if for some reason Plan A doesn't work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom