Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While there are a couple of songs on there that are good (the Cowboy Junkies version of State Trooper is cool), that CD is better off dead.

I haven't seen it in years. I think it was only an import, too.

After watching those ESB clips, I'm really starting to get excited about a new tour.

:drool:

Latest rumor from K2 at Greasy Lake who has a fair enough reputation for these kinds of things ;)

"About as certain as we can get at this point: The new album has been recorded with members of the ESB already having contributed. Additional tracks are being recorded with and without the ESB. As can best be described at this point is the album is a cross between TOL and The Rising with some "rock" songs and a number of songs pared down. Having trouble describing the sound, but a lot of production is being used wth the versions already recorded. Different versions of each song are being recorded (with and without members of the ESB) and the final versions of about half the album have not been settled on. It was agreed to go ahead with announcing a new recording since it is fully anticipated the final recording phases will go very quickly. The good news is a flurry of recording will be ongoing over the next few weeks with August to be the month of final production, etc. Although a given, the album will have a least 10 songs with a goal of about 13 being projected.

What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB. Rehearsals for the tour are once again scheduled for AP around Labor Day. Look for the tour to kick off on or about 10/02/2007 in New York with a quick swing around the country until the end of November. All of the major cities, to include LA, DC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, etc. will be covered. The month of December will include a quick tour of Europe, about 10 shows or so. January and part of February look to be time off with a full world tour to begin in full effect during the Spring of 2008 (Feb/March) with outdoor arena shows scheduled for the summer of 2008. The U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia, will all be on the schedule. Bottom line is that we are now entering the final stages in preparation for the final ESB world tour. Stay tuned."

I want an E Street Band tour. I shall only see Bruce as the lord intended it to be so.

Am I the only Springsteen fan who actually *enjoyed* the SSB tour? :reject: Neverless, I too must see the ESB tour again, as that is indeed how the Lord truly intended us to see Bruce. ;)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'll raise holy hell if there's not a stop in Detroit. :mad:

Or I'll just travel to the closest city. :p

Either way, I'll join you. :wink:

jobob said:

Am I the only Springsteen fan who actually *enjoyed* the SSB tour? :reject: Neverless, I too must see the ESB tour again, as that is indeed how the Lord truly intended us to see Bruce. ;)

No, definitely not. I've stated on several occasions how excellent the SSB tour was, and I think he'll do it again.

But of course, an ESB tour is the ultimate.

One thing I didn't like reading in that rumor Nightsong posted was that it would be the final ESB tour. I know they can't go on forever, and Clarence is up there, but it still makes me sad if it ends up being true.

Nightsong said:

What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB.

Yeah this really blows, but they are all getting up there. :slant: And I don't feel like holding my breath if Bruce goes to jump on top of the piano at oh, say 65. :yikes:

And fyi, I liked the SSB tour. I had third row seats and it was amazing. :yes:

Another thing to look forward to while they are touring next year is the 30th anniversary of Darkness On The Edge Of Town. Now, if they release a box set like they did for Born To Run, they'll hopefully release a full show from that tour, which I think is the best ESB tour ever.

My favorite bootleg from the Darkness tour is Piece de Resistance - it is mindblowing. Well, someone started posting video from that show on youtube recently, and the sound quality is excellent. If you've never heard this stuff, give it a listen. Start with Prove It All Night - the best version of this song ever!

Prove It All Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3vUKBOJ5sU&mode=related&search=

The uploader's name is bruchee. Check out the rest of the songs as well. They are incredible...

I will go to an E Street Band tour show. For sure. His concerts in Philly are some of the greatest. I saw him at the Linc in 2003. Awesome.

If no ESB, I don't know about going.

jobob said:

I loved the SSB tour-caught 3 shows! First time at Jazzfest and it was just amazing to watch a crowd of mostly non-Springsteen fans become Springsteen fans :) Haven't seen Bruce have so much fun on stage since the River Tour. :happy:

But can't wait to see ESB again! :dancing:

Today at boston.com:

Could we get another couple of nights of Bruce Springsteen at the TD Banknorth Garden this fall? The Boss's reps couldn't be reached, but the buzz is that Bruce and the E Street Band are in discussions to play the Garden for a couple of nights in mid-November. Springsteen & Co. have had success with the Garden. In 2002, the gang played five sold-out nights over nearly two weeks.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2007/07/20/shedding_light_on_sunshine/

:dance:

Nightsong said:
The month of December will include a quick tour of Europe, about 10 shows or so.

Hellooo nice-little-christmas-present-for-myself... :flirt:

:wink:

springsteen is too fucking awesome for words, honestly! i hope i have the chance to see him live sometime soon, but an album alone is good enough, in my opinion he's been putting out stellar shit since Ghost of Tom Joad, luckily he's been more prolific since the Rising
:drool:

from brucebase.org:

02/08/07 - UNITED METHODIST CHUCH OF RED BANK, RED BANK, NJ

TERRY'S SONG

On 30th July, Terry Magovern, long time associate and close friend to Bruce passed away. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

At Terry Magovern's memorial service Bruce performed a new song called "Terry's Song". Bruce said "went through his songbook and was looking for an appropriate song to play for Terry. Out of all my songs, there was nothing I could find. So I wrote this song." The song was very nice and had some of these lines in it: "When they built you brother, they broke the mold." And: "We can rebuild our mighty towers but we can't rebuild the soul."

RIP Terry :sad:

From a post on BTX, "unofficial but reliable"

10/2, 10/3 Hartford
10/5, 10/6 Philly
10/9, 10/10 E. Rutherford
10/14, 10/15 NYC
10/21 Chicago
10/22 St. Paul
10/26 Oakland
10/28, 10/29 LA
11/4 Cleveland
11/5 Detroit