springsteen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
Has anyone seen him on his most recent tour - does he have an opening act, or does it start right on time? I'm thinking of going...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

No opening act, show starts when everyone is in their seats, first late seating isn't until after the 3rd song. It's a very grown-up affair. An incredible show, GO, and be on time and sit still and be quiet (his terms). :wink:

tackleberry said:
Thanks! Do you think it's cool to go by yourself - I'm tempted. What are your thoughts?

I went by myself and it was more than cool. You can often get a better seat that way, too (shhh, don't tell, it's my get-a-good-seat secret). And I ran into two people I'd met at previous U2 shows in different states. I often go to shows alone, though, and am very comfortable with it.

joyfulgirl said:

I went by myself and it was more than cool. You can often get a better seat that way, too (shhh, don't tell, it's my get-a-good-seat secret)..... I often go to shows alone, though, and am very comfortable with it.

As usual, what she said.

I'll add: GO! It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

In fact, martha and I met when we both went to a Springsteen show alone. :sexywink:

I saw Springsteen by myself in May (picked up a ticket day of show) and it was FANTASTIC. This tour is incredible. I love the intimate setting and this is Bruce at his absolute best.

Re: going alone, I don't often go to shows by myself, but for this show I made an exemption and it was terrific, sat near two longtime Springsteen fans (and lesser U2 fans) and everyone had a lot of fun.

So, I got a ticket - a floor ticket! Row A on Ticketmaster.

Problem is I can't arrive until 10 minutes before it starts I'm a little worried about that. I mean I don't think it's a GA system like U2, because I have a seat number and a section. But I am just worried that if it says its starts at 7:30, then it will DEFITELY start at 7:30.

I hope I don't miss anything...

VERY Excited though VERY!!

Thanks.

tackleberry said:
So, I got a ticket - a floor ticket! Row A on Ticketmaster.

Problem is I can't arrive until 10 minutes before it starts I'm a little worried about that. I mean I don't think it's a GA system like U2, because I have a seat number and a section. But I am just worried that if it says its starts at 7:30, then it will DEFITELY start at 7:30.

I hope I don't miss anything...

VERY Excited though VERY!!

Thanks.

Yay! I don't think it will start promptly at 7:30 (the show I saw started late but not all that late--I had planned to arrive halfway through the opening act, not knowing there wasn't one, and got there just in the knick of time) but just make sure you know where you're going and have all the parking details and stuff worked out in advance. Good luck!

2005_8.jpg

:drool:

Springsteen :drool: :drool: :drool:

I started a new job 2 weeks ago. First thing I did, I stuck up a pic of Bruce (from his Barcelona DVD) on my cubicle wall.
:shifty:

he does look so :combust: in the barcelona dvd, he is so full of energy and the fact that you can see him as well as the band truly enjoy the show makes it even more enjoyable.
he looks way better in the barcelona dvd than in the NY dvd that was filmed before.

I went by myself to a show this tour.

Front row! Got the ticket the day of the show - he releases a bunch usually in the morning.

Fabulous time, definitely worth the money and I can't wait to see him again.

Oh my god. What an amazing concert. I've never seen anything like that before in my life. It was like watching a broadway show. I loved how you had to be quiet - almost like each one of his songs is a tiny little play that you are watching unfold.

Amazing. And he played for almost 3 hours!!! Song after song - and you didn't know what was coming next. Very good show. A think a lot of people were there by themselves. In fact I sat next to 3 people who all went solo. It's kind of fitting to see it by yourself. It's almost a better experience.

wow.

anitram said:
I went by myself to a show this tour.

Front row! Got the ticket the day of the show - he releases a bunch usually in the morning.

Fabulous time, definitely worth the money and I can't wait to see him again.

Front row?! Which show did you go to?

And here I was all happy I got into Boston about a third of the way in and scored the 8th row.

Toronto. Tickets for the first 2 rows on the floor were released at 10 AM the day of. :drool:

For anyone who might not know, and WANT to know...the VH1 Storytellers show that was on recently and featured Bruce, will shortly be coming to DVD.
Some great performences on there of Devils n Dust / Brilliant Disguise and Thunder Road, to name just 3.

:up:

Hopefully that means Coldplay's Storytellers will come to DVD then

Back
Top Bottom