spring training is just around the corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boooo cubssssssss

too bad the cardinals will stink this year :(

Hey Mets fan guy......

I sent one of your pitures on one of my planes recently. I forget his name...and felt like an ass when I asked him what farm team he pitched for, only to find out he ACTUALLY PITCHED for the Mets. :( He was traded to the Mets from the Yankees late last season, and is from the part of Illinois I am living in. What an ass I am (but you knew that :wink: ).

oh, and mr. got Philk... GO CUBBIES!

I am thinking the TRUE threat to Cubbies success this year will come from Houston, NOT I-55 due South! :D :p

cardinals will suck to an extent.

morris/ woody is a good 1- 2, then shit afterwards. suppan is a bum, haren looks like he can be alright, and then carpenter/marquis will battle it out for the last spot. :(

pen needs a dominant righty. badly.

a slightly better version of the texas rangers.

I am so looking forward to the season....... heck, I can't wait for spring training for that matter.

Anaheim will bounce back from a year where they were forced to field a triple-A team after being decimated by injuries in the 2nd half.

The only questions are: Will Vlad's back hold up? Will Glaus be able to throw the ball with his "healed" rotator cuff?

In any event, the halos' pitching looks to be much improved.

the cardinals rotation can go either way, if morris can be the stud he can be, and woody can perform like he did in the first half last year, and if carpenter can come back from surgery with good stuff, haren and marquis are both young and have potntial and suppan isnt a bad innings eater number 5, and then maybe the young guy they got from the braves could maybe come up around the all star break if we need it, so there is potential, buuut...

i could also see morris going down with an injury for a long period of time, i think we'll see second half woody where he is just out of gas, carpenter could be a bust, as could haren and marquis, and like you said suppan sucks.

the bullpen should actually be pretty good if izzy can stay healthy, so it will all come down to which way the rotation goes.

im really optimistic on Morris this year. i think hes gonna finally stay healthy, Tlr and duncan worked him way too hard in april and may last year, ended up needing to go on the dl for his shoulder, then broke his hand.

woody will be good up till august, then he'll run outta gas.

i dont think carpenter will do jack shit, but ive been wrong before. haren i can see having a solid year.

the bullpen will be solid, i just wish they had another really good righty setup man. kline and king will do a good job on the lefty side. izzy needs to stay healthy.

who knows, maybe even ray lankford can return to form :wink:

as for the angels, i would have given colon an incentive in the contract to stay under about 700 lbs. i'd be worried about him. I still think that theyll win the west, though. oakland has no offense, and barry zito may be the most overrated pitcher in baseball. seattle just sucks if you ask me.

20 hours, 7 minutes, 45 seconds until pitchers and catchers report to spring training. :hyper:

wrigley_sign.jpg

StlElevation said:

a slightly better version of the texas rangers.

LOL! Well put! Marquis and Haren could be decent this year actually. As for Carpenter? Well.... Woody should be fine too.

Is this the year of Ankiel?

Vlad's back won't be too much of an issue I believe. He's surrounded with hitters so he will get good pitches to hit. He'll be fine on Defense. The only area I think that will affect is his baserunning. Less sb's. Colon? Escobar? They are the keys.

Wonder if Maddux will be joining those Cubs' pitchers and catchers???:D

he'll come back at some point in the year, he underwent the surgery mid year last year.

hell pitch somewhere sometime this year.

the reports i have heard is that he will be out until the all star game next year

Still bitter about Game 7. Can't wait for this season.

Only problem is they'd choke to Houston and neither of us would win since the Cards pose no threat. hehehe:wink:

I'll say it again like every year. This is the year.

With Ellis Burks back in the fold, the Red Sox are a shoo in to win it all, so long as they keep Mike Greenwell away from him.

apparently the cardinals are trying to free up some money to sign maddux

he isnt the maddux of old but he'd still help

Back
Top Bottom