Sport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sport is a lot of things to a lot of people. I'm sure we could all write a thesis or an essay on why it's important and it's cultural relevance, but that's not what I want to say here.

I merely want to point out that sport AND music are similar... in so much as when you hear a song, it takes you back to a certain place. And in sport, if you see highlights, relive a play, recap on an article, or anything like that, you can simply drift back and it is almost as if you are there again... whether it be sat at home watching it on TV, listening to it on the radio, or being fortunate enough to have seen it live in the flesh.

Those moments - special moments, for there will be only a few - will send you into a dreamy state, send shivers down your spine, allowing you to relive it second by second.

So what are your favourite sporting moments? I'm sure we all have them. Even if they mean nothing to anyone else, I'd like to hear what they are, how they make you feel and why they are so important.

Here is mine. Merely reading it now almost brings tears to my eyes... tears of joy and happiness and elation.
http://www.playtheball.com/matchpacks/sthvbra/report.asp

that's a really cool article bullet. sounds like quite the moment for any true fan.

best moments for me: seeing the toronto maple leafs play every home game during their amazing playoff run in 92-93.

myself winning golf tournaments in my teens is a fairly vivid memory and one that will always be triggered by any number of things: obviously pictures of the event or even my old clubs.

unfortunately the most vivid memory, for me, is a dark one. i had rinkside seats the night that bryan berard recieved his career threatening eye injury here in ottawa. i remember seeing virtually all of the event and knowing that his life had been irrevocably changed from that moment on.
it was great to see him come back this year, though
smile.gif

I can think of many unforgetable moments, for some reason it comes to my mind the 1982 overtime game between the dolphins and the chargers, I think its the only time I could have cried with sports, of course I'm a dolphins fan
frown.gif

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Back
Top Bottom