Spoon - Girls Can Tell appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
spoon-girls-can-tell.jpg

One of the best albums of the 00's so far, and definitely the best thing Spoon has done so far. It's perfection, all of it. :drool: Everything Hits At Once is my favorite Spoon song, and, while it may not get better from there, the rest keeps up quite well. The Fitted Shirt has an absolutely crazy guitar/harpsichord duel, Anything You Want is one of the better Springsteen homages I've come across, and Take A Walk is one of their best rockers.

Plus, the record has a great atmosphere. Not sure what it is...but it just feels like a great late-night record, because there's this certain seductiveness about it.

Kill The Moonlight and Gimme Fiction are both great, but Girls Can Tell is just...:combust:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I need more Spoon in my life. :up:

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga officially comes out next week :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I need more Spoon in my life. :up:

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga officially comes out next week :drool:

New Spoon...:drool: I've held out. Can't wait. :up:

I have the leak, but I've never gotten around to listening to the whole thing.

I haven't even heard a second of the album...nothing. That's rare. Leaks haven't exactly been thrown in my face this time out. The hype for it is pretty exciting...some really good reviews right out of the box.

...It's a trap!

I'm just kidding, I need to give it a listen after I plow through the new Smashing Pumpkins album, which is also pretty solid so far.

So much good music in '07...and we're only halfway done. :up: The best stuff comes out in the fourth quarter anyway. :wink:

October '07, bitches. :wink:

But let's keep this on topic. If you haven't picked up Girls Can Tell and you enjoy Spoon, it needs to be high on your list, to purchase or otherwise. :yes:

All Spoon is deserving of appreciation. :up:

They're Austin boys, too, so that makes them even more awesome.

Thanks for this thread. I'm sick of hearing Kill the Moonlight praised to the high heavens when this album is a much more consistent.

I've had GGGGG for a few weeks already and it pains me to say that I'm a bit underwhelmed. I thought Gimme Fiction was brilliant (maybe even better than Girls Can Tell) and this just doesn't compare. There's some great stuff on there, just don't get your hopes up too high.

For the record, I've been listening to these guys since the Matador days.

Back
Top Bottom