Spoon- Gimme Fiction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Its damn good no? Seriously, if you liked Kill the Moonlight you have to have this one, its quite good. Who else cant stop spinning this one?

:wink:

yeah! It's a great album, one of my favorites of the year so far

'The Two Sides Of Monsieur Valentine' is probably my favorite song

Spooning with mofo..... :love: :drool: :heart:

Wait, what? I mean, yeah, I've got Spoon on my list of bands to look into. :up:

I just bought this CD today without having ever heard a single thing from it. If it doesnt end up being good, I'm seriously going to fight EP. :wink:

u2popmofo said:
I just bought this CD today without having ever heard a single thing from it. If it doesnt end up being good, I'm seriously going to fight EP. :wink:

Mofo, dont be shocked if you like it, I mean have I ever lied to you? At least about music?

I think I Summon You might be my favourite song of the year so far.

However I haven't been able to get into the rest of the album, though I love Kill the Moonlight and everything else Spoon has done. Hopefully more spins will screw this one up to the top of the heap cause I was very much looking forward to it.

yeah, 'girl can tell' was pretty good too.
jagged and sweet...

Elvis Presley said:

Mofo, dont be shocked if you like it, I mean have I ever lied to you? At least about music?

The fight is off, I love it on my first time through. :up:

alright.. here i am back again with my tails between my legs.
i'm listening to the album for the first time in a few months and it's really kicking my ass.

the beast and the dragon, adored
i turn my camera on
the delicate place
sister jack :drool:
i summon you
the infinite pet
was it you?

those are my favourites :up:

edited to add: i guess i should have just put the entire tracklisting, eh?

Last edited:
I have come to the conclusion that I love this album. Maybe it's just that I havent heard any previous Spoon albums, but this one is the bee's knees. THE BEE'S KNEES!!!!!11111!!!!111!!!

u2popmofo said:
I have come to the conclusion that I love this album. Maybe it's just that I havent heard any previous Spoon albums, but this one is the bee's knees. THE BEE'S KNEES!!!!!11111!!!!111!!!

have i ever led you astray.....dear mofo?

An EP endorsement is most often all I need.

I can't trust my own tastes.

You've proven yourself once again EP.

Infinite Pet cycles well on the album.

I find the cover art to be particularly interesting, as it looks like a representation of the woman from the famous National Geographic cover photo turning her head to the side. I assume that it reflects a deep symbology relating to the title... where FACTS are embodied by the braintrust of National Geographic, and her aboutface AWAY from the camera implies a philosophical REJECTION of the facts.

It's almost like she doesn't want facts.

It's almost like she wants FICTION.

:shh:

I hope I didn't destroy any of your worlds right there.

Last edited:
How does Kill the Moonlight compare to this one? Better? Equal? Is it safe to say that if I like Gimmie Fiction, I will like that album? I've heard 'Way We Get By' a kajillion times, and I quite enjoy it. Other than that, I havent heard any of it.

Also, what about their other albums? Teach me, guide me, rock beside me.

IMO, Kill The Moonlight it's better than Gimme Fiction, I don't know, it has better tunes, Gimme Fiction it's a great album but Kill The Moonlight has all the Spoon sound

Telephono, their debut album is their weakest work, but good as debut

according to AMG, Girls Can Tell is their best album, but I don't own it, I can't say if that's true

I like Girls Can Tell best, but really, all three of their latest albums are amazingly good. The first two are alright too, just much less focused.

I am fairly intrigued by this record as I have seen it show up on nearly every best of list there is so I am in the process of investigating it at this moment.

I will report my findings soon.

Back
Top Bottom