Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Leakage, bitches.

smielephantiy2.gif

Gimme Fiction has been on my wish list for ages. Eventually I'll pick it up. I'm curious to hear their new one.

Don't You Evah :drool:

They played Don't Make Me A Target when I saw them in December and I loves it.

I figured there were more Spoon fans than this.

Oh well, I wuv this album. :hug:

FitzChivalry said:
I like the first few songs off "Gimme Fiction", but I could never get into the whole album. Maybe I'll have to give it yet another try. :scratch:

Spoon is so cool. :drool: I loved Gimme Fiction.

I'm trying to resist downloading Ga(x5), but it's difficult. :angry:

Gimme Fiction is agreat, but "Kill the Moonlight" is just perfect

a mate was listening to "Ga ga..." the other day in the work, I liked it, he sent me some links to download it and I'm downloading, ha

:drool: :drool: :drool: Wow, Spoon never disappoints. Yet another fun, witty, sharp record filled with great songs. I :heart: it.

Highlights:

Don't Make Me A Target
You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
Finer Feelings

You forgot Black Like Me.

Best Buy is offering a 22 minute bonus disc with the album. Even more incentive.

that bonus disc has like 12 songs on it! in 22 minutes. Mostly a collection of asides, but there's a cool remix of a Gimme Fiction track (I forget the name of the song), and a couple other interesting songs.

Don't go expecting much of a bonus, but considering Best Buy is only charging $9.99 there's no reason to complain anyway.

This is growing on me since I downloaded it almost a month ago, but I still think this is their weakest album since Telephono, and has nothing on it as good as Beast and Dragon Adored, Sister Jack, I Turn My Camera On.

Yes, the album really is awesome. Spoon really never disappoints. They're one of the most consistent bands of the past however many years.

It's a shame a thread about this wonderful album gets a fraction of the response as the Shitegeist thread.

Bonochick said:
This is actually my first Spoon album. :uhoh: :reject:

Girls Can Tell
Gimme Fiction

Go buy those, ASAP. :drool: (I'm not really all that big on Kill The Moonlight, and Series Of Sneaks, awesome as it is, is a bit of an acquired taste :reject: )

LemonMelon said:

Girls Can Tell
Gimme Fiction

Go buy those, ASAP. :drool: (I'm not really all that big on Kill The Moonlight, and Series Of Sneaks, awesome as it is, is a bit of an acquired taste :reject: )

I agree completely. Gimme Fiction is probably the band at their most accessible, which normally is rarely a band at their best. But in this case it's arguable GF is their most consistent and impressive album.

While I like Kill the Moonlight a lot, I don't understand all the superlatives and think it was a little step down from Girls Can Tell.

I got into these guys when the store I was working at was playing the Soft Effects EP in pretty heavy rotation, and Series of Sneaks came out soon after. I don't know that they will sound too weird after hearing the rest of Spoon's later discography. Sneaks is surprisingly catchy, even if it's a tense and tightly wound recording. Every time I hear it I don't know whether to play air guitar, air drums, or air base.

Telephono is even more of an acquired taste, but again, many instantly catchy songs here too. Don't Buy the Realistic, Nefarious, All the Negatives Have Been Destroyed, Idiot Driver, The Government Darling, and Plastic Mylar. What's cool is that you can now buy Telephono and Soft Effects together, which is totally worth it, as the latter has the standouts Waiting For the Kid to Come Out & Loss Leaders.

lazarus said:

What's cool is that you can now buy Telephono and Soft Effects together, which is totally worth it, as the latter has the standouts Waiting For the Kid to Come Out & Loss Leaders.

I still haven't heard either of those, so it's definitely on my must-buy list. I like value, and that package appears to have it in spades.

I love saying Spoon. I don't know why. So when someone asks what I'm listening to, I always say:

"Spooooooooooooooooon"

Almost in the Jerry Voice.

Back
Top Bottom