Spookiest moment in Floyd history!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummagumma... :yuck:

I'm going to have to nominate Crying Song. That's just disturbing right there. :yikes:

Ummagumma is awesome! It's a one of a kind, amazing listening experience! Narrow Way Part II :drool:

In fact, as I listen to Narrow Way II, I'm realizing that Radiohead's National Anthem is pretty much a modern day version of the former! :ohmy: Oh man! This is awesome! Even the intro to National Anthem is identical to the ending of Narrow Way I / beginning of Narrow Way II :drool:

Zootlesque said:
Sysyphus: Part IV from Ummagumma at the 3:13 mark...

Listen at your own risk! :yikes:

Yep, that's a scary one! It sounds demonic. I don't know what was going through Rick's mind to write that! As for the rest of Ummagumma, I'm not too wild about it. David's stuff is okay. Roger's stuff is all right, though I must admit, Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict is the weirdest thing he has ever done. Rick's songs aren't all that good, though I do like the classical feel to some of them. Nick...oh, poor Nick. :lol:

My personal eeriest Floyd moment has to be that one synth section in The Last Few Bricks. About 1:20 - 1:54. It sounds fucking evil. One Of The Few is also rather eerie, especially on headphones, if you're listening to it outside on a rainy day with crows cawing on the telephone poles...

Zootlesque said:
In fact, as I listen to Narrow Way II, I'm realizing that Radiohead's National Anthem is pretty much a modern day version of the former! :ohmy: Oh man! This is awesome! Even the intro to National Anthem is identical to the ending of Narrow Way I / beginning of Narrow Way II :drool:

The National Anthem always reminded me of the Atom Heart Mother suite.
As for the topic at hand, my nominations would go to the Pompeii version of "Careful With That Axe, Eugene," and also to a specific line in "One of My Turns": "I have grown older, and you have grown colder, and nothing is very much fun...anymore." The manner in which Waters enunciates "fun" has always struck me as fairly maniacal.

cdisantis83 said:

also to a specific line in "One of My Turns": "I have grown older, and you have grown colder, and nothing is very much fun...anymore." The manner in which Waters enunciates "fun" has always struck me as fairly maniacal.

That whole song has always struck me as fairly maniacal. :lol: "I...feel...cold as a razor blade, tight as a tourniquet, dry as a funeral drum..." Not to mention the "run to the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left you'll find my favourite axe!" line, although I think that's more of a reference to a guitar, ala the one Pink used to destroy the hotel room in the movie. But still, the word choice is ambiguous enough to invoke the image of a crazy axe-wielding rockstar.

"Don't Leave Me Now" is perhaps even more so, albeit in a more pleading fashion.
In terms of sheer desperation, "One of the Few" is also worth mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom