Split from Radiohead Album Ranking - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Rainbows. While really good, it can't match the brilliance of these 3 albums. Maybe one of the better 3 album stretches of any band I can thank of right now.

I'm sure someone will prove me wrong in about 10 seconds.

LemonMacPhisto said:

30? :wink:

In Rainbows is pure genius. After 2,3720 listens, it's hovering right alongside OKC as my second favourite.

angelordevil said:

30? :wink:

In Rainbows is pure genius. After 2,3720 listens, it's hovering right alongside OKC as my second favourite.

Have you tried the 01 and 10 tracklist perchance?

It weaves In Rainbows in and out of OKC for a really interesting experience. It's hard to listen to either album the same way again.

LemonMacPhisto said:
In Rainbows. While really good, it can't match the brilliance of these 3 albums. Maybe one of the better 3 album stretches of any band I can thank of right now.

Dark Side of the Moon / Wish You Were Here / Animals :wink:

In any case, however much it pains me to do so, I vote for The Bends. It is a superb album full of exquisite songs, but it simply lacks the cohesion of the other three.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Have you tried the 01 and 10 tracklist perchance?

It weaves In Rainbows in and out of OKC for a really interesting experience. It's hard to listen to either album the same way again.

I've heard about that, but haven't tried it...yet!

I guess I need an argument of some kind in here, so I'll say that I think In Rainbows is the most emotionally available collection of Radiohead songs. Understated and beautiful...I'll stop before I get all gushy.

cdisantis83 said:

Dark Side of the Moon / Wish You Were Here / Animals :wink:

:up:

Let It Bleed / Sticky Fingers / Exile on Main Street

The Soft Bulletin / Yoshimi... / At War with the Mystics

Hunky Dory / Ziggy Stardust / Aladdin Sane

Ten / Vs. / Vitalogy

Pure musical bliss right there.

Station to Station / Low / Heroes, fool.

And obviously Sgt. Pepper / White Album / Abbey Road

Obviously.

But where does The Bends / OK Computer / Kid A rank in all of those?

It's gotta be in the top half, at least.

Wild, Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle / Born to Run / Darkness on the Edge of town FTMFW.

Lancemc said:
Let's not get into the whole "gay" = "stupid/lame/dumb" debate in here.

I'm finding tragic irony in that statement. Aren't YOU equating In Rainbows with stupid/lame/dumb? :confused:

MMT and YS are practially EP's though, and technically if we're nitpicking releases, Abbey Road still came out before Let it Be.

angelordevil said:

I'm finding tragic irony in that statement. Aren't YOU equating In Rainbows with stupid/lame/dumb? :confused:

I am, though partially as a joke.

I'm just saying these days the use of the word "gay" isn't necessarily a homophobic slur. It's taken on more inoffensive and generic meaning in recent years.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Let It Bleed / Sticky Fingers / Exile on Main Street

Good call; I'd say Beggar's Banquet / Let It Bleed / Sticky Fingers is even better.

Also Led Zeppelin IV / Houses of the Holy / Physical Graffiti

And Achtung Baby / Zooropa / Pop :uhoh:

The Bends.

But you have no idea how much of a struggle that was for me. :sad: All of the four remaining albums are classics. :up:

Because I obviously think calling things "gay" is funny. :rolleyes:

There's just something about a purposefully bad pun that I find fairly enjoyable. So sue me.

And no, I don't think "gay" is generally meant as a homophobic insult much these days. Just an evolution of American lay speech.

And I'd think anyone who even knows me the slightest bit on here would know that I almost never backpeddle. I'm often misunderstood, and often have to explain myself at needless lengths, but I always say what I mean. :shrug:

Anyway, this has gotten off-topic far enough already. Commence the In Lamebows voting.

lazarus said:

Let It Be is before Abbey Road anyway.

Not according to the people that bought Abbey Road in 1969. :wink:

And I take offense to MMT not being included in a trio. I'd take an "EP" (that's longer than Revolver) which contains several of the greatest songs ever written over a double disc that's essentially four solo albums (of varying length) soldered together. :shrug:

Revolver/Sgt. Pepper/MMT FTW. :up:

Lancemc said:

There's just something about a purposefully bad pun that I find fairly enjoyable. So sue me.

And no, I don't think "gay" is generally meant as a homophobic insult much these days. Just an evolution of American lay speech.

And I'd think anyone who even knows me the slightest bit on here would know that I almost never backpeddle. I'm often misunderstood, and often have to explain myself at needless lengths, but I always say what I mean. :shrug:

Anyway, this has gotten off-topic far enough already. Commence the In Lamebows voting.

Don't let the PC police get to ya. You've nothing to explain.

Lancemc said:

PC police, my ass. :|

I personally don't care all that much, but some people really do, and that's why I just think calling things "gay" for kicks is pretty childish.

Whatever, I'm over it. Let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom