Split Enz Salivation & Celebration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:
Now re-pair the damage you have caused. :hyper: :wink:
k.

out of all the split enz songs tim-tam has so kindly sent me, i would have to say message to my girl is my favourite. why? cuz i like it the same reason i love chick flicks: i'm a total softie
cry.gif

anyway, my second favourite would have to be dirty creature. :love: that song! it's so funky, and the bass is just :drool:

my third favourite would have to be i got you cuz i say so.

I just tried to read page 6 and 7 and it took about 5 goes cos I kept getting squiggly writing and numbers all over teh page. That's what being on topic has done for my PC :madspit:

I have a drooltastic version of Message To My Girl that comes out tommorow :drool: It is the definitive version.

I must rip and send after I complete my Duran commitments, which I will do at some point tommorow as I have no speakers at the moment... then again... please send. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
:hmm: can i trust that you'll actually listen to it?

Then you best wait till tommorow when I have speakers. :)

On Topic:

Best Song - Bold As Brass
Best Album - Waiata/Dizrythmia/Time & Tide
Best Member - Neil Finn
Best Video - Bold As Brass

timothius said:
Then you best wait till tommorow when I have speakers. :)

On Topic:

Best Song - Bold As Brass
Best Album - Waiata/Dizrythmia/Time & Tide
Best Member - Neil Finn
Best Video - Bold As Brass
i'll at least post the link now so then i can bug you about it...

TIM-TAM, PLEASE GO HERE TOMORROW:
http://s54.ysi.com/d.php?id=2DBNMQJ19LOGGH799K9CEWYOG

you have three albums tied for best? omg you're sooo not a true fan.

Most come in and out at different times. There three that will never be my favourites... Frenzy, Conflicting Emotions & See Ya Round... other than that it's up for grabs. :)

timothius said:
Most come in and out at different times. There three that will never be my favourites... Frenzy, Conflicting Emotions & See Ya Round... other than that it's up for grabs. :)
well to be honest i have two dd albums tied for favourite for me. which one i consider my favourite depends on the time of year (each of them totally reminds me of a different time of year).

KhanadaRhodes said:

k.

out of all the split enz songs tim-tam has so kindly sent me, i would have to say message to my girl is my favourite. why? cuz i like it the same reason i love chick flicks: i'm a total softie
cry.gif

anyway, my second favourite would have to be dirty creature. :love: that song! it's so funky, and the bass is just :drool:

my third favourite would have to be i got you cuz i say so.

Dirty Creature is my favourite. I like the orchestra version too, Enzso.

My other fav song is I Hope I Never.

the question is i'm wondering who's singing on these early songs you sent me. they don't sound like the person singing on the later songs, which i believe you said is tim? or did his voice/singing style just change?

If you tell me the songs in question I will be able to tell you specifically for each song. I think it may be Phil Judd or it could be Tim as he did have a character voice back then.

Phil Judd had a couple of awesome songs with a band called The Swingers... beli will hate them too :happy:

So Long For Now is Tim... character voice.
Sweet Dreams is Phil Judd :love:
My Mistake is Tim's voice maturing on the 3rd album
Charlie same album same Tim
I Don't Wanna Dance Tim all the way baby.

timothius said:
So Long For Now is Tim... character voice.
Sweet Dreams is Phil Judd :love:
My Mistake is Tim's voice maturing on the 3rd album
Charlie same album same Tim
I Don't Wanna Dance Tim all the way baby.
those last three are tim? omigor it sounds nooooooooooooooooothing like him. have you sent me any songs where ummm...neil sings?

beli said:
You should listen to Crowded House. They are tonnes better than Split Enz.
so far from what i've heard i prefer split enz. although mayhaps i needed to listen to them first before i could like/appreciate crowded house.

i'll listen to distant sun now :grumble:

Back
Top Bottom