Split Enz Salivation & Celebration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Zealand hasn't been mentioned, although they have been given many reunion shows in the past (NYE2000, Nambassa99, 1993 Tour etc).

I really don't see where they are going to squeeze extra dates, especially for Sydney & Melbourne (most likely candidates).

Most of the band have fairly pressing commitments immediatly after Neil & Tim with solo albums coming out a month or two after and Eddie with NZ Idol, so I don't think the desire is there for a prolonged regional tour visiting every town in the Pacific Rim.

Last edited:
Well, I'm thoroughly delighted they're re-uniting at all. It's just sad that they aren't going to be touring for all that long. I really would have expected New Zealand to get shows. :shrug:

Actually, I just heard recently there's at least perhaps a slight consideration to take this tour to New Zealand, so those of you who live there, don't give up hope just yet :).

Apparently that same slight consideration applies to the U.S. as well :hyper:. God, I hope that turns out to be true...*Crosses fingers and prays like mad*.

Angela

Axver said:

By the way, I read that The Church may be opening for Split Enz. No idea if that's got any basis in reality, but I thought indra may be interested - or, in all likelihood, know more about that rumour's truthfulness or lack thereof.

Well, we all know now this isn't happening, but apparently there was some interest in this very scenario. What I heard was there was a "slight chance."

Could have been interesting.

Just got my tickets :drool: with a brief panicky moment when Ticketek threw me off the site right when they were going on sale :mad:

I can't wait to get my credit card statement this month! :crazy:

Got some nice floors for Sydney. :hyper:

There is a second show that has gone on sale for Syd & Melb after sell outs in an hour or so.

I'm fairly confident there will be tickets for these for a while... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom