Splendour in the Grass 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Why is it all the really really great festivals are miles away from where I live!!

The Line Up So Far:

Saturday 4 August

Powderfinger, Kaiser Chiefs (UK), Lily Allen (UK), Sarah Blasko, Tilly & the Wall (USA), Grinspoon, The Hold Steady (USA), Hot Chip (UK), The Cat Empire, Blue King Brown, Sara Tindley
Belongil Fields, Byron Bay, NSW
Tickets on sale: 14 May

Sunday 5 August

Arctic Monkeys (UK), Bloc Party (UK), Hoodoo Gurus, Hilltop Hoods, Klaxons (UK), The Shins (USA), The Dirty Three, Expatriate, Josh Pyke, Airbourne, The Ride

So Does anyone plan on going?, I think I'm going to make the trip from country Victoria.....but I'd like to not be there alone :)

What a great line up, and what a shame some of these Best of British bands will be condemned to playing in NSW rather than Victoria.

Aside from the obvious brilliance of Kaiser, Bloc and the sexy Lily, there are some quality Aussie outfits here. Cat Empire, Hoodoo Gurus, the emerging Warnambool band Airbourne and Joshy Pyke.

I'd love to go, but it's hard to say at this stage whether I'd be able to.

And what a shame some of these bands will go on to do an "Australian Tour" when this actually means an eastern states tour, which is not Australia as far as I can see (Bloc Party I'm looking at you :mad: )

Look Out for Me, I'll be the tall guy up front when Sarah Blasko takes the stage!

Here's hoping I can convince someone to come the 14+ Hour Drive, or Much Shorter plane ride, in the next couple of weeks!

bono_man2002 said:
Look Out for Me, I'll be the tall guy up front when Sarah Blasko takes the stage!

Here's hoping I can convince someone to come the 14+ Hour Drive, or Much Shorter plane ride, in the next couple of weeks!

Bring a tent! We can pitch near by, have BBQ's and play cards and be merry. :hyper:

fly so high! said:

Bring a tent! We can pitch near by, have BBQ's and play cards and be merry. :hyper:

I'll bring the Tim Tam's!
I may just take you up on that, I'll see how I go, its not looking likely as most of my friends who would be interested in going are Uni Students....

While I'm at it, Tickets are $185 plus a further $135 to camp there right?...so technically its $320?, If I'm correct?

Back
Top Bottom