Spinoff:What do you think of Emo-music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Do YOU think about Emo?

• Love it.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Its Ok.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Its Gonna Burnout

• It Gives Men A Way To Sound Like Girls

• It Sucks

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • "DIE EMO!"

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Huh?

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

BrattyIrishPunk

War Child
Ya know, like the bands Dashboard Confessinal, Saves The Day, and others. I wouldnt say Weezer cause Rivers hates his band being called Emo. I think some of it is ok, I mean, I'm not a fanatic about it, but you know. Haha, my nickname two years ago was Emo-Punker but it quickly wore-out.

Yes, the music is OK... but emo fans tend to give me bad vibes. They're so elitist and exclusivist (is that a word?) that they become more fake than the music they claim to hate.

Most of the music is pretty good, but I've yet to hear a band be happy about being called Emo. You know the genre is screwy when you hear people calling Dashboard Confessional and At The Drive In both emo. Old school emo sucked pretty bad though, I think that's why most bands/musicians really hate the title. The fans are kind of annoying too.

In the ever popular words of Anti-Flag:

"Indie Sucks, Hardline Sucks, Emo sucks, you suck.

Boo hoo hoo. My girlfriend left me, and I'm really, really huurrrttttttt,

BE A MAN!!!!"

Actually I like Indie, so I can't follow the boys there. But maybe your girly left you because you were always writing whiny songs about how you didn't deserve her. Damn. Sorry.

Last edited:
Yeah. For me emo = whiny. I just think that whole idea of it as a label is stupid. Crap-like, if you will.

mocool12 said:
Yeah. For me emo = whiny. I just think that whole idea of it as a label is stupid. Crap-like, if you will.

Yes - very whiney with terrible vocal delivery.

Very adolescent music that just sounds like it's dripping with teen spirit. (and not the nirvana kind!)

Back
Top Bottom