Spinal Tap Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Come on now, Smell The Glove!

:sexywink:

I need to buy the Special Edition DVD of this next payday. I rented it (for the zillionth time) this weekend, and it was just too loaded with stuff not to want to buy it. The part when they're discussing the menu/special features was just too friggin funny, lol. :lol:

Last edited:
Ooohhhhh heck yes! You know I love that movie!!!

Hilarity, thy name is Spinal Tap.

It's sad that I DO actually like some of their songs (for humors sake of course)

Spinal Tap is an awesome, punctual band!

The SE DVD is like two movies in one. Instead of ?director?s commentary?, you get Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer commenting in character. Hysterical!

~LadyLemon~ said:
These go to eleven.

I love Spinal Tap! I haven't seen it in years. I think I'm going to have to rent it this weekend. I love the part with the amplifier that goes to 11 and watching Nigel explain that.

Christopher Guest is great! I want to see his new movie A Mighty Wind but I havent' been able to go yet.

arw9797 said:

:eyebrow:

you've never seen it?

I think it should be at the top of your list of movies to watch this summer! :yes:

yes. i know. :reject:

*makes list* ok, it's number 1. by default cos i don't have any other movies on the list :shifty:

nbcrusader said:
The SE DVD is like two movies in one. Instead of ?director?s commentary?, you get Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer commenting in character. Hysterical!

:lol: Sounds great! I'll have to rent it soon.

Ian Faith: The Boston gig has been cancelled...
David St. Hubbins: What!?
Ian Faith: Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town.

I howled when this line was referenced in the Elevation 2001 Live in Boston DVD.

I have to be very careful when and to whom I make "stonehenge" references.
Big Bottom
Ends :up: she's got 'em

I like it when they pop up in other band's video/documentary's, they are in character and dead serious.

oh where to begin.....

first of all, when the movie starts and you see a couple of union roadies carrying a gigantic skull and one guy's like "watch it! watch it!":lol:

"I've been working with this bread for some time...and I can't make it fit....I want large bread....and as you can see, it's complete catastrophe":lmao:

"Derek Smalls on bass.......he wrote this!" and there's the guy in the front row who's like :down:

absolutely classic.

oh yeah:
"what's wrong with being sexy?"

This is heavily influenced by Bach and Mozart...Its a bit between, kindof a Mach piece really.

What's it called?

Lick my love pump.

brettig said:
This is heavily influenced by Bach and Mozart...Its a bit between, kindof a Mach piece really.

What's it called?

Lick my love pump.

I have that song downloaded...

Back
Top Bottom