SPIDERMAN 3... OH YEAH!!! (the face <== is Venom)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
*no spoilers here, be safe*

well... I just got back from a midnight premiere... that absolutely NO ONE KNEW about... not even me...

usually HOYTS cinemas makes the midnight thing (they did for Spiderman 2), but this year they didn't... and suposedly no one would... welll... someone did...

only just this wenesday it apeared in the news paper... but it didn't say where...

so this friend of mine tells me around 11 Pm about this thing he saw... I call 3 diferent cinemas, none of them had the call service working... so we get together really fast, and like at 23:47 we go to the first cinema... the same one I went on monday and told that no screenings were going to happen... (Hoyts)... so , like at 23:53 we go running in the car to another one, far away.... and there it was... we got there around 12:04, bought the ticket and went to a .. maybe 1/8 of the room filled with people... NO ONE KNEW... better for us, we sat down during the opening credits...

and so... just one thing... the place wasn't filled with fans like the other time, for Spiderman 2, so when Stan Lee apeared, no one shouted like last time... that's the only downside

on the other side, it was a great, great action movie, the 2:15 hours go fly. The actions scenes were great, and right at the begining, not even 10 minutes pases before we se Spiederman fighting with "someone"... the action is so fast that sometimes I didn't get everything

great effects, great women... and.. well.. let's say this things, this tips:

- EMO Parker KICKS ASS!!!

- EMO Parker's "got the moves"

- Venom RULES

- Vanilla Sky

- Venom RULES

- you got the obvious-yet-REALLY-over-the-top-unnecesary US Flag

- If you think the bad guys don't last too much, think again

- too little Venom for my taste

- no wet t-shirts this time :mad:, if you know what I mean :wink:

- no 4 part cliffhanger :mad:

- water may kill you, but a stab in the heart is just a cut

- did I say Venom RULES??

- stay 'till the end :wink:

- there's a KILLERS song in the credits... I liked it

BTW.. Topher Grace STEALS the movie... like JJ Jameson in the 2nd one, but Topher OWNS this one

JJ Jameson's still on the top of his game, btw...

the main thing to remember is this:

- Venom RULES

- Vanilla Sky

enjoy it, laugh, be sad, be joyful, and have a good time...

and if you want, cry, because the ending is really tearful and heartbreaking...

being a hero has a price

PS: NO SPOILERS at least till sunday, ok?

It's getting very mixed reviews from critics and diehards which is quite surprising. Personally, I thought the previous two were good but not great. Think I'll just rent the DVD.

Seeing it in 10 hours. I've been eagerly anticipating this film since the second Spiderman 2 ended.

Just got back.

It was slightly disappointing, but only because Spidey 2 was so damn phenominal. BUt the 2 and a half hours fly by so quickly.

And Sandman is the single coolest visual effect I've ever seen in a film.

Fuller review to come later. I'm tired and I have a final exam in 5 hours.

Not as good as Spidey 2, but then not many films are.

I think Raimi tried to do way too much in this film. Hopefully he'll take it a little easier on a fourth film. Though at this point I wouldn't shed too many tears if he was replaced.

The first JJJ scene in the film was awesome. And most of Harry's scenes were some of the better parts of the film too.

Still a good film though. Just not as great as the second one.

The only reason I would see this is I saw them shooting this film in NYC and they had a bunch of us walk through a scene...

Could be my debut :wink:

I'll see it in IMAX this weekend, for the spectacle. The same reason I watch the first two, the action. The acting and stories can be clunky in all of them, although I'm not anticipating the emoness of PP or any of the characters for that matter, or the broadway scenes.

Emo Peter Parker is actually hilarious as long as you're not an uptight douchebag, which none of you are. So you have nothing to worry about. :wink:

I thought it was great. A lot to cram into the time, though. The sandman introduction could have been handled a little better. I loved Venom, and I'm kind of glad they let Topher's voice be Venom's voice, because it could have been really, really, really corny. But it wasn't. And the laugh was EVIL.

It's probably on par with the first one for me, a better film for the most part but lacking the wonder. If not for the myriad questionably necessary subplots I would probably rank it over 2.

Seeing this tonight, kinda looking forward to it...but I'm only really going because my friend got the tickets.

Just got back. I actually really enjoyed it. :up:

Emo Peter Parker kinda reminded me of Conor Oberst. :drool:

Lemonchick said:
Just got back. I actually really enjoyed it. :up:

Emo Peter Parker kinda reminded me of Conor Oberst. :drool:

I thought the same thing :lol:

conor_okay.jpg

spiderman3_1.jpg

:giggle:

overall I thought it was quite enjoyable, though it got a bit ridiculous at times. The jazz club scene was so wtf :huh: dancing in the street was amusing, but also a bit ridiculous. i guess they felt they needed more comic relief? :shrug: also there was a bit too much emphasis on the mushy stuff... not that it shouldn't be there, just not as much. The action scenes were awesome though. Venom and Sandman both looked amazing and the final battle was pretty tight. it was fun; i think they just tried to squeeze too much into one film.

I was left a bit disappointed after seeing SpiderMan last night. The bigger news, in my opinion, did anyone else see the preview for "Across The Universe?" I think I saw Bono's character for a brief second

My brother is a gynormous Spidey fan. He called & left a message saying he hoped I wasn't in watching the movie because it'd be a waste of money. I was VERY surprised to hear that, as he'd loved the first two and pretty much loves all things Spidey. I haven't seen it yet...will probably go next week.

I think one's enjoyment of the movie heavily depends on how seriously you take it (It is a comic book movie after all) and how hyped you were for it.

I have read elsewhere what most are suggesting here. Too much and too convoluted all jammed into one film.

And it lost it's charm and fun from the first two movies.

I'll wait for DVD.

same here Trev.

I guess I am over CG movies for now. I am really looking towards watching movies with more substance now....for the most part.

RedrocksU2 said:
I am really looking towards watching movies with more substance now....for the most part.

We're gettin' old dude!!:wink:

I liked it

I think more than 2 even

I don't know what people are expecting.

But, I had medium to low expectations.

Lancemc said:
I think one's enjoyment of the movie heavily depends on how seriously you take it (It is a comic book movie after all) and how hyped you were for it.

As one who read comics as a kid and loves watching movies, this did not factor into it at all. I wasn't even hyped for it. I don't even take most of my movies seriously. I go for the enjoyment of watching a movie.

I am hyped to see Harry Potter. I am not hyped to see Pirates because I didn't think the last one was that great.

I enjoyed the first 2 Spiderman films over this one.

The ending was ugh!

It was a let down. Nuff said. While I enjoyed some of it, overall I wouldn't go see it again nor buy it on DVD.

Too much going on.... period. Heck I didn't like XMen 3 either and I love the XMen.

However, as always I enjoyed Bruce Campbell's bit

Last edited:
pepokiss said:
*no spoilers here, be safe*

well... I just got back from a midnight premiere... that absolutely NO ONE KNEW about... not even me...

usually HOYTS cinemas makes the midnight thing (they did for Spiderman 2), but this year they didn't... and suposedly no one would... welll... someone did...

only just this wenesday it apeared in the news paper... but it didn't say where...

so this friend of mine tells me around 11 Pm about this thing he saw... I call 3 diferent cinemas, none of them had the call service working... so we get together really fast, and like at 23:47 we go to the first cinema... the same one I went on monday and told that no screenings were going to happen... (Hoyts)... so , like at 23:53 we go running in the car to another one, far away.... and there it was... we got there around 12:04, bought the ticket and went to a .. maybe 1/8 of the room filled with people... NO ONE KNEW... better for us, we sat down during the opening credits...

and so... just one thing... the place wasn't filled with fans like the other time, for Spiderman 2, so when Stan Lee apeared, no one shouted like last time... that's the only downside

on the other side, it was a great, great action movie, the 2:15 hours go fly. The actions scenes were great, and right at the begining, not even 10 minutes pases before we se Spiederman fighting with "someone"... the action is so fast that sometimes I didn't get everything

great effects, great women... and.. well.. let's say this things, this tips:

- Venom RULES

- Vanilla Sky

- Venom RULES

- you got the obvious-yet-REALLY-over-the-top-unnecesary US Flag

- If you think the bad guys don't last too much, think again

- too little Venom for my taste

- no wet t-shirts this time :mad:, if you know what I mean :wink:

- no 4 part cliffhanger :mad:

- water may kill you, but a stab in the heart is just a cut

- did I say Venom RULES??

- stay 'till the end :wink:

- there's a KILLERS song in the credits... I liked it

BTW.. Topher Grace STEALS the movie... like JJ Jameson in the 2nd one, but Topher OWNS this one

JJ Jameson's still on the top of his game, btw...

the main thing to remember is this:

- Venom RULES

- Vanilla Sky

enjoy it, laugh, be sad, be joyful, and have a good time...

and if you want, cry, because the ending is really tearful and heartbreaking...

being a hero has a price

PS: NO SPOILERS at least till sunday, ok?

just saw it today.. good flick.

You forgot SNOW PATROL'S new song Signal Fire in the credits! It is the first song that plays!! Only a snippet of the Killers new song follows it.

BTW.. They showed the trailer for Across The Universe Film that Bono is starring in ( I dont know how big his part is but I imagine its small)! :hyper: I got a little excited! And my hubby just rolled his eyes at me when I said" look this is the film Bono is in!" :nerd:

Re: Re: SPIDERMAN 3... OH YEAH!!! (the face <== is Venom)

U2Fanatic4ever said:

just saw it today.. good flick.

You forgot SNOW PATROL'S new song Signal Fire in the credits! It is the first song that plays!! Only a snippet of the Killers new song follows it.

BTW.. They showed the trailer for Across The Universe Film that Bono is starring in ( I dont know how big his part is but I imagine its small)! :hyper: I got a little excited! And my hubby just rolled his eyes at me when I said" look this is the film Bono is in!" :nerd:

This woman has no taste!! hehhehehe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom