SPIDERMAN 3... OH YEAH!!! (the face <== is Venom) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Re: Re: Re: SPIDERMAN 3... OH YEAH!!! (the face <== is Venom)

Quote:
Originally posted by skjuls

This woman has no taste!! hehhehehe

why i oughta!!!

Old 05-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
My brother is a gynormous Spidey fan. He called & left a message saying he hoped I wasn't in watching the movie because it'd be a waste of money. I was VERY surprised to hear that, as he'd loved the first two and pretty much loves all things Spidey. I haven't seen it yet...will probably go next week.
I went with a big fan who was also very disappointed. Even I thought it was overly sappy with a soap opera worthy ending. I've never disliked her before but I thought Dunst was pretty awful.

I did enjoy it though, overall it's a fun movie and there was a round of applause when it ended. The special effects were cool.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 08:00 PM
I just got home from watching Spiderman 3.

I have mixed feelings about this one....There needs to be more Venom and less Sandman (I found his character to be a little too sympatheic like) and I was pretty pissed that they rehashed some of the same lines from the first two movies.

But I did like Emo Peter....he was hilarious!

(on a little side note....the theater I went to had a guy dressed up as Spiderman...going on top of the building and taking pictures with the crowd and getting my theater (which goes by colors instead of numbers....mine was the blue room) pumped about the movie. I thought it was crazy fun!)
Old 05-06-2007, 03:38 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I was going to see this but now I'm not sure I should spend the money. People keep talking about how bad the ending is and I'm afraid this be X-Men 3 all over again.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:00 PM
I saw it last night it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Wish they had given the villians more screen time. As for the special effects they were very good!

Topher Grace did not disappoint me at all
Old 05-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I don't think it's as bad as X-Men 3. And it's definitely better than anything after the second installment of the Superman or 90s Batman series', excepting Superman Returns (Though it's certainly more fun than Superman Returns even if not as satisfying). I don't think anything in the film was done badly. It just never had room to breathe. It's like anything remotely expository was relegated to a montage or Aunt May's verbose tendencies.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
saw it yesterday afternoon. it was good, I've liked all the spidey movies. maybe not as good as the previous ones, but good overall. the dancing and stuff was a little over the top, but funny nonetheless. the only bummer was that the theater I went to only showed 1 preview. I thought I would have seen more previews attached to spidey since it was such a huge movie. we went to a place called Hollywood Boulevard, which is a bit different than the normal theaters (think dinner and a movie), but still allowed kids at every showing. anyway, I thought it was good.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
saw it yesterday afternoon. it was good, I've liked all the spidey movies. maybe not as good as the previous ones, but good overall. the dancing and stuff was a little over the top, but funny nonetheless. the only bummer was that the theater I went to only showed 1 preview. I thought I would have seen more previews attached to spidey since it was such a huge movie. we went to a place called Hollywood Boulevard, which is a bit different than the normal theaters (think dinner and a movie), but still allowed kids at every showing. anyway, I thought it was good.
I went there yesterday too! Did you see the dude who dressed up as Spidey?

Yea...I was a little bummed that they only showed that one preview.....but at least they didn't show a whole lot of them.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:00 PM
I dare say I'll wait for DVD on this one. Several people whose opinions I value said they hated it. That's enough for me.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #40
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

If you're are afraid multiple villains = the same disaster as the Batman movies, then you're wrong. All of the villains have a purpose and fit well in the scheme of the movie.

My only gripe is that the characters introduced weren't developed enough as say Doc Ock or the Green Goblin were.

That being said, it's the perfect conclusion for the trilogy story-arc, mixing the humor and charm of the first with the harder edge of the second.

Plus, Bryce Dallas Howard has officially hopped onto my Spank Bank Radar as Gwen Stacy. Knights of Columbus she was hot. Are we sure she's related to this guy?

Old 05-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #41
War Child

It's worth the money. It a good "popcorn" movie, that is to say it is entertaining. There are flaws, but every movie has flaws. It was 2.5 hours, and at no point was I bored. My wife even liked it and she HATED the first two. I mean really hated them.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
If you're are afraid multiple villains = the same disaster as the Batman movies, then you're wrong. All of the villains have a purpose and fit well in the scheme of the movie.

My only gripe is that the characters introduced weren't developed enough as say Doc Ock or the Green Goblin were.

That being said, it's the perfect conclusion for the trilogy story-arc, mixing the humor and charm of the first with the harder edge of the second.

Plus, Bryce Dallas Howard has officially hopped onto my Spank Bank Radar as Gwen Stacy. Knights of Columbus she was hot. Are we sure she's related to this guy?

Gee, thanks for posting that pic. I predict nightmares for me tonite..

sorry to say she is related to Clint.... Boy did he get hit with the ugly stick or what...
Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

It's really odd. I tend to find redheads far more attractive, but Bryce Dallas Howard did more for me as a blonde than she does normally. More than Kirsten, too.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #44
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Verrrrrrrrry interesting:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/784/784823p1.html
Old 05-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Quote:
Originally posted by U2MaNaIcWeIdO

I went there yesterday too! Did you see the dude who dressed up as Spidey?

Yea...I was a little bummed that they only showed that one preview.....but at least they didn't show a whole lot of them.
we went to the 3:15pm Saturday showing, I don't recall seeing anyone dressed as Spidey. although we did have kids who yelled and talked through the whole thing I really wanted to see more previews though! oh well, at least there's no shortage of summer movies this time. not sure if I'll see spidey again or not.