Spider-Man 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
I just saw the midnight showing of Spider-Man 2....wow! It blows the first one away. I don't want to give anything away, but there are definitely some surprises in this movie. Sets up the next film pretty nicely. The train scene is amazing. I'd write more, but it's too damn late. Time for bed. Go see this movie!

i'm going to go see it this weekend sometime.
i wasn't too excited about the first movie, i didn't even see it till it came out on video.
but i definitely want to see this one on the big screen :yes:

in about an hour and a half I'll be sitting in the cinema enjoying Spider-Man 2...

Mary Jane :drool:

I'm hoping for the 3rd to go poisonly... I mean... VENOMly :hyper:

This movie is amazing (no pun)! All the little twists and turns put in there for the fans....along with the love story, which was a very nice touch. This movie has everything for everyone. Go see it now....with your girlfriend too, even if she's not into the spiderman thing, she will love the love story.....I know my date did :grin:

Oh and about the whole Venom thing......I hope they wait for #4. #3 has a villain lined up....watch the movie and freak out!!

I think I've seen the trailer for this at every film I've seen this year! I do want to see it, but there are a couple of other movies I want to see more so I might have to wait for the video. :down:

I enjoyed the first one, and I don't usually like superhero movies. Is there a good mix of story and effects/action?

I just read this on cnn.com..

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A teenager was arrested early Wednesday in a California theater showing "Spider-Man 2" after a projectionist using night vision goggles saw him using a camcorder to make an illegal copy of the superhero sequel.

The 16-year-old could be charged under a law that went into effect January 1 and makes taking a recording device into a movie theater a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and a maximum fine of $2,500.

I've never seen anyone recording a movie , I guess it usually happens in major cities

I liked it more than the first one. Very impressive action scenes.

That being said, there were definitely some extremely cheese filled sections of the movie.

I thought it was great!! We have to wait until 2007 for the next one though...

For those who haven't seen the movie, there's 3 must-see thing to look at
Those who watched it are going to agree with me

N? 1 - J. J. Jameson (Daily Bugle's Editor): OMG... the funniest guy I've seen in waaaaay too much time. More screen time and he would have stolen the movie.

N? 2 - The Elevator scene... just hillarious... "it goes up on the crotch area"... GENIUS :up:

N? 3 - Watch for an appearence from THE MASTER AND CREATOR... Stan Lee (we actually aplaud at the theater when he appeared. It was less than half a second, but we saw him)

What I really liked about this movie was the comic aproach it had... women screaming "watch out" or just screaming of fear, the girls screaming "take me with you" or going "GO , Spidey"... all those comic like were great... sometimes there were too many, but it's ok

And the other noticeable thing was the Peter Parker life... I thought it was a Charly Brown cartoon maximized X15... Oh My God... it was horrible to watch, at all time him losing hard, from his bike to the aunt getting kicked out of her house to the glass with no drink... it was hillarious and painfull to watch. The best part was when the frame went still with P. Parker looking all happy.

And I didn't get (or knew) the villian part... I was blown away after I saw who would be the bad guy...
But I totally didn't get the finish, with MJ :)drool:) and a sad look on her face as SM goes to the rescue... please explain me that :)

Last edited:
I thought it was so boring I almost walked out but then it got good again and then, with 10 minutes left to go, the projector blew up and the movie died. So I missed the ending and don't know if Spiderman got the girl or not. I love my local theater. :up: :|

That's awful, joyfulgirl! I hope everyone in the theater at least got their money back.

I saw it this afternoon and really liked it. I usually don't lcare for summer blockbuster type movies, except for the old Star Wars flicks, but this is turning out to be an awesome series!

I liked it - I wouldn't say more than the first one. I didn't like the Dr Ock guy, Alfred Molina is scary enough on his own :D

It's amazing the chemistry that Kirsten and Tobey have if it's true they don't like each other. I admit I was a sucker for the romantic side of both movies :wink:

there were points in that movie where i forgot it was about superheros and comic book characters. :|

the bugle guy was funny, i'll give it that. wouldn't say it was genius, i've seen psycho newspaper editor characters in movies and on tv before...but it mildly amusing.

it was OK, nothing amazing...it didn't seem like it went anywhere that the 1st one didn't, other than that all the key characters now know who spiderman is...

I *adored* "Spider-Man 2!" It's everything a comicbook movie should be! There was action/ drama/ suspense/ romance/ comedy - all rolled up into one big bag o' funness :D

People talk about how there wasn't enough action, but to be honest, the scenes with Peter Parker were just as interesting as the one's with Spider-Man (my favorite scene has to be the dinner scene where PP has to take pictures for the Bugle. I also really liked the "jump" scene..."I'm back! I'm back! ...my back, my back...").

Yeah, so Spider-Man 2 is probably my favorite film of the year right, now (granted I never got the chance to see "Eternal Sunshine...") :eek: I was planning on seeing the film for the 4th time tonight, but some guy came up to me while I was getting in my car...he wanted money :huh: Not much of a choice. So needless to say, I didn't see the flick :p

pepokiss said:
in about an hour and a half I'll be sitting in the cinema enjoying Spider-Man 2...

Mary Jane :drool:

I'm hoping for the 3rd to go poisonly... I mean... VENOMly :hyper:

I know, that's why I thought...

but Venom isn't going to be the next villain. The way they set it up is that it's going to be Hobgoblin. This means we'll essentially have to watch the first one over again. That dissapointed me so much. :madspit:

^^^ hahha, well prepare to be even more disappointed, 'cause in the comics, Harry Osbourne doesn't become the Hobgoblin, but...

THE GREEN GOBLIN II :p

Yep, but fortunately for us, Raimi is probably going to include another villain, most probable being the Lizard (Peter Parker's teacher in the film) :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom