Spice Girls new single/video Headlines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slipstream

Refugee
What does everyone think of the new song "Headlines" and video? I for one am absolutely addicted to it! The video, well it's a bit over the top in places, ie - Posh. The BBC before the vid's premiere last night apparently cut some of her scenes for being too raunchy.

"Viewers wishing to catch Posh Spice in what the Daily Mirror described as a satin "cage" basque, thigh-high leather boots and Agent Provocateur black lingerie will have to wait for a post-watershed version of the video to air."

http://www.---tube.com/watch?v=76KpBq5Logs

I :heart: it. It's a great pop ballad! They all look better than they did 10 years ago, except for Victoria. She's way too thin! The video isn't that awesome, but I do like the song!

I was disappointed they chose a ballad to be their big comeback single. I've only heard it once so far, and it bored me to tears. :yawn:

I mean, come on - when you think of the Spice Girls, do you think of "ooh, baby, balladballadballad" or do you think of "ZIG-A-ZIG-AHHHH!" ?

I don't hate all their ballads - I like 2 Become 1 and Mama, but I want peppy, fun songs from my cheesy pop groups. :grumpy:

Well produced song! They looked great. I'm glad Sporty spice finally got some vocal/camera time, she has a rather pretty voice.

I have to agree with U2isthebest about Victoria though..she was way to skinny in that video, it didn't come across as sexy at all.

corianderstem said:
I mean, come on - when you think of the Spice Girls, do you think of "ooh, baby, balladballadballad" or do you think of "ZIG-A-ZIG-AHHHH!" ?

I agree. I think Spice Girls were at their best when they did fun, bouncy tunes, not soggy earnest ballads.

don't like it. they're all still hot but the song is rubbish. in terms of pop comebacks they can't hold a candle to Take That.

^^Out of curiosity, are the Spice Birds all over the news back in Blighty right now with this single? In other words, how is this comeback going over with the general populace?

I'm pissed I didn't know about the greatest hits release until after I shelled out for used copies of the first two albums. :mad:

Slipstream said:
^^Out of curiosity, are the Spice Birds all over the news back in Blighty right now with this single? In other words, how is this comeback going over with the general populace?

it's not massive news here but they are getting coverage as expected. mainly through the gutter press and celebrity gossip magazines though. i'm just annoyed they're trying to steal Take That's comeback thunder!

Haha the spice girls! Who would've thunk! It's a typical ballad in their style. Not terrible but not great either. They all look yummy though, especially Geri :drool:

Back
Top Bottom