Speculation, Yealmpton, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Pop is driving me insane. I currently have the following:

1. Discotheque
2. Mofo
3. Do You Feel Loved
4. Staring At The Sun

9. North And South Of The River
10. Please
11. Wake Up Dead Man
12. Gone

To fill 5-8: Last Night On Earth, I'm Not Your Baby, If God Will Send His Angels, If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

And those outstanding four are giving me all kinds of grief. LNOE could probably slot into the opening four somewhere, maybe between DYFL and SATS. But I don't want the middle to go into a rut and be too slow. There needs to be something that gives it a kick in the pants.

Maybe IYWTVD --> IGWSHA --> LNOE --> I'm Not Your Baby?

You might know. What would I use to bleach my hair?

I would suggest a kit from a drugstore, if you want to do it yourself. but be careful. it's easy to fry dark hair when you're trying to bleach it. If you know anyone that's a hairdresser, I would suggest you go that route the first time, so you don't end up with cheddar-cheese coloured hair.

OK, Pop is driving me insane. I currently have the following:

1. Discotheque
2. Mofo
3. Do You Feel Loved
4. Staring At The Sun

9. North And South Of The River
10. Please
11. Wake Up Dead Man
12. Gone

To fill 5-8: Last Night On Earth, I'm Not Your Baby, If God Will Send His Angels, If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

And those outstanding four are giving me all kinds of grief. LNOE could probably slot into the opening four somewhere, maybe between DYFL and SATS. But I don't want the middle to go into a rut and be too slow. There needs to be something that gives it a kick in the pants.

Maybe IYWTVD --> IGWSHA --> LNOE --> I'm Not Your Baby?

I always thought SATS > LNOE made a good transition.

I would suggest a kit from a drugstore, if you want to do it yourself. but be careful. it's easy to fry dark hair when you're trying to bleach it. If you know anyone that's a hairdresser, I would suggest you go that route the first time, so you don't end up with cheddar-cheese coloured hair.

Aw. There goes that idea of freaking people out. I might go before a party I'm going to. Show up with pink hair.

Aw. There goes that idea of freaking people out. I might go before a party I'm going to. Show up with pink hair.

You can still do it. Most kits are relatively safe. Do it in stages. dye your hair a few shades lighter, wait 48 hours, then go for the bleach. Condition the hell out of it, wait another 48 hours, then put whatever colour you want on top of the bleached-out hair.

I always thought SATS > LNOE made a good transition.

This is true.

At this stage, though, I'm using SATS as a way to cohesively get from the more intense beginnings of Discotheque/Mofo to something softer. Might have to reconsider that ... let's see how SATS --> IYWTVD works first. I expect it won't.

Welcome to the Superthread, where discussions of Pop tracklistings and bleaching hair run simultaneously. :laugh:

I'm not sure I've ever heard Discotheque described as "intense".

I was more thinking of Mofo. Suppose "uptempo" would describe the two of them properly. Couldn't really say they're rockin', you know? They're sort of rocko-quasi-technoin'.

Why do you have to explain to Derek? Tell your mother you and him are going on your honeymoon.

That's not funny. :ohmy:

I was just joking last night with Ali that I'd make Derek go to Australia for our honeymoon.

Here's a picture of the dude, in case you ever wondered:

derek2.jpg

*waits for Axver to notice the tram first*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom