Speculation, Yealmpton, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NASOTR precedes Please.

I keep SATS, as the original studio version is OK - it's the acoustic live version and Best Of version that I don't like.

Mofo comes after Discotheque. Gone closes. NASOTR --> Please --> WUDM --> Gone is all kinds of good.

NASOTR -> Please -> WUDM -> Gone would be real interesting, as would having Gone as a closer, but I'm not entirely sold on WUDM -> Gone. The other way round would work better for me.

NASOTR -> Please -> WUDM -> Gone would be real interesting, as would having Gone as a closer, but I'm not entirely sold on WUDM -> Gone. The other way round would work better for me.

I think WUDM and Gone work both ways, but Please --> WUDM is fantastic, so I won't break that. I really like the idea of Gone closing, ending the album with "I'm not coming doooowwwwnnn" and that screeching guitar. I also think the screeching guitar sounds quite evocative after the desperate climax of WUDM.

Have a good one, U-Wen! :wave:

I'm just glad my bedroom is a good few degrees cooler than outside.

I think WUDM and Gone work both ways, but Please --> WUDM is fantastic, so I won't break that. I really like the idea of Gone closing, ending the album with "I'm not coming doooowwwwnnn" and that screeching guitar. I also think the screeching guitar sounds quite evocative after the desperate climax of WUDM.

Yeah, Please -> WUDM should not be broken. I never thought about Gone as a closer - maybe I should try that tonight.

Yeah, Please -> WUDM should not be broken. I never thought about Gone as a closer - maybe I should try that tonight.

I've been using Gone as a closer in custom setlists (usually closing main sets) for quite some time, but WUDM seems like such a natural Pop closer that it took me a while to even think to use Gone for that purpose on the album. But I actually think it sounds quite good. It also avoids the problem of trying to find somewhere for Gone to go on the album; I think its screeching guitar makes it a tough fit with a lot of the other tracks, especially if you choose to discard Miami.

For the record, I always use the Best Of Mix of Gone.

Oh, I could SO make a better HTDAAB than U2 did with all these extra tracks.

I don't, nor do I have Mercy or half the rare tracks you guys were talking about last night. That's why I just sat back and watched you debate with traviud, cause I had no idea what you were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom