Speakers for my Discman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Does anyone know if I can buy speakers for my Discman to make it into a tiny stereo? You know, I could plug these speakers into the headphone jack and voila, listen to the cd play in the room instead of in my ears.

If these things are made, where should I look? The hell that is Best Buy? :no:

pick up a set of computer speakers and use those. i bring my computer speakers to work so i can hook them up to my discman to listen to music at work.

martha said:
Does anyone know if I can buy speakers for my Discman to make it into a tiny stereo?

Yes you can.
I got my little mini speakers (Sony SRS-55) 14 years ago and they are still working fine today.

Bono's shades said:
I tried this, but wasn't thrilled with the sound quality. They were very, very tiny speakers, however. As well as very cheap. :|

they weren't the kind specifically made for this type of thing, were they? i had a set like that. they were like 10 bucks at CVS or something. small, and really crappy hollow sound. i thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that they were little headphone-sized speakers in rather bulky empty plastic boxes full of air, but i took out the speakers and put them in smaller boxes and they didn't sound too much better...

I use these for my Mac. But I've also used them with my Ipod and Discman. $100. And they sound AMAZING! You could blow out a medium sized room w/ them. JBL Creatures. You might fing a set on Ebay for less than $100.

CREATUREII.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom